Status: Ongoing

Parallel Reality

Prologue

“Stay back!” The silver hair disguised his pleading as an order, clashing against the ears of the young woman rooted in the middle of the staircase.

“Zero.” Yuki muttered as her gaze focused on the tensed figure of her childhood friend. Her hands held her nervous heart as the cold sensation roamed through her entrails.

The man clenched his teeth trying to endure the agonizing feeling in his throat. The sensation burned like hot tongs chocking his breathing canal, each breath more excruciating than the past. Even the nausea had not subsided after spilling the little content over the wooden floor. His partner was right, no words could give a more accurate description, an abomination in human form. Yet, to hear those words coming from her was far more painful than his current condition.

“I’m sorry, I guess I was only thinking of myself.” Yuki’s tone was so full of regret and sadness, the dispute piercing Zero’s already regretful heart. She was used to his rudeness and indifference toward every aspect of their daily life; however, this time she was the root of his anger and that made all the difference.

Zero remained still, putting every possible effort to regain control of his body.

His actions were clouded as well as his judgment, a primitive instinct awakened by the thirst he was experiencing. His vision was woozy and his body felt weak, even a light pain on the gum of his teeth was stinging his jaw.

His instincts told him to flee and prevent the exposure of his best friend to further danger. She was standing with a heartbroken expression trying to understand him, oblivious of what she was provoking.

It was plain to Yuki that her best friend was too upset to even look at her. The situation distressed her to the point of tears but she held them back until she was sure no one could look at her cry. Yuki made a pause before giving a final apologize as her body turned in direction of her dormitory. It was then that a grasp pulled her to a sudden stop between the stairs almost making her lose her balance.

His heart skipped a beat as his vision turned red, no longer sure what he was trying to do as he stopped the grieved girl from escaping. He realized his fatal mistake too late as the hunger and instinct possessed him to grasp the victim in front of him. His sharp senses awakened as the fragrant scent of fresh blood bathed him in yearning. The eyes of the creature were able to spot the passing of the sweet elixir traveling through her veins. The electric current of the grasp sailed through the deepest corners of his brain, his tongue intuitionally licking his lips as the fangs emerged from his mouth

Yuki turned her head at the moment she was pulled into her friend’s arms, his chest facing her back while his embrace caged her against his presence. Confused, the girl called for him as his grip over her shoulders made her flinch involuntarily.

With no response to her call her instincts alerted her of the presence of danger, her body protesting as she tried to pull away from his grasp. Her efforts were futile after several seconds of struggle and calls to deaf ears. Zero’s hand move up to her neck while his breathing exhaled into the exposed skin of her collar.

Yuki let out a soft cry, her tone desperately trying to bring her friend to his senses. Her knees gave a shake as she felt his warm breath against her skin, ruby eyes quickly opening in dread. A yell got stuck inside her throat while her blouse was forcibly pulled to expose her shoulder blade.

A bite.

The injury made her legs bend involuntarily putting her full weight under Zero’s arms.

Her brain lastly understood what happened, compulsively yanking herself away from the menace after endless seconds.

Once free, her injured hand flew toward the wound on her neck. It was still bleeding as it soaked her blouse and blazer in blood. The image in front of her was too terrifying to comprehend.

Zero’s eyes turned a vibrant scarlet while exposing his fangs under his dank lips. Her blood soaked his left palm, ripping apart her flesh by the sharp daggers the instant she pulled away. His tongue licked the remaining traces still slipping through his fingers, while true hunger and ecstasy blazed in his gaze. She couldn’t move, not even breathe as she trembled before the image of her closest relative. She wasn’t facing her best friend and brother. She was against a crouching beast that thirsted for her life as he focused his glowing eyes at her.

He was smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Vampire Knight is the property of Matsuri Kino, and are not Spellcraft Writings’ intellectual property. This is for entertainment purposes only. No financial gain was made from this nor will any be sought.