Take Me to Church

Introduction

I walk into a dive bar after a long day of hunting down leads and hearing my father bitching about whatever is bothering him now. Finally I was free to drink some beer and pick up whatever girl looks my way.

The bar was nothing special. Guns N Roses is playing in the background, barely audible over the laughter of the drunk girls and the pool table commotion. The stool I choose to sit on is worn down with little tears in the leather. It’s seen better days, much like everything else in this place. Even the people look like they’ve had better days. They look worn and wrinkled; all but one girl.

Her blue eyes are bright, full of life. Her flannel shirt nearly swallows her whole as it covers up her Jack Daniels tank top and short cut off shorts. She just shrugs off the unwanted attention and cat calls she gets as she walks my way; swaying her hips with each step. Stopping in front of me, a smile appears on her lips as she leans onto the counter and looks me right in the eye.

“What can I get you darling?” She asks in the same Texan drawl everyone else in this place has.

“Scotch on the rocks,” I tell her, a smile appearing on my lips. She’s gorgeous, not gonna lie about it.

“What brings you to town?” She asks as she turns and gets my glass.

“What makes you think I’m not from here?”

“Accent for one,”she replies as she pours some ice into my glass. “Plus you didn’t cat call at me. And the fact this is a small town and working here means I know almost everyone.”

I just laugh, “you got me. I’m just staying here for a little bit.”

“For how long?” She pours the scotch then hands me it.

“Are you trying to get me into bed?” I ask, faking shock causing her to smirk and lean closer.

“Would that make me a bad person?” Her whisper is seductive as is the smirk on her lips.

“Are you usually this bold or am I just special?”

“I’m not going to lie, you’re a pretty face and I highly doubt I’ll see you again. So why not take advantage of the situation?”

“I’m Dean.”

“I’m Perri.” She leans even closer to me, enough to whisper in my ear. “I get off at midnight.” A chill dances up my spine as she whispers those words. She backs away, a smirk still on her lips. “See you then.” With that she walks off to fill another customer's orders. A chuckle escapes my lips as bring my drink up to them. She’s something else.
♠ ♠ ♠
Perri