This Love

chapter seven;

I got back to my dorm and I was exhausted. I threw myself onto my bed and just closed my eyes. Sidney would be on his plane back to Pittsburgh by now. I sighed deeply. He was getting farther from me and I didn’t like that. At least this is temporary.

I pulled out my phone and texted Julie. I wanted to see if she would be willing to meet up for coffee so we could talk about last night. I was busting at the seams and needed to talk to someone about it before I went crazy. She was more than happy to meet up with me, she sounded more excited than I did actually.

Julie and I had two hours before we were meeting up, so I decided to shower since I was still in my clothes from the night before. They smelt like Sid and it caused butterflies to rupture in my stomach. After I got out of the shower I quickly blow dried my hair, and freshened up my face with some make up and bright red lipstick. Wait, I don’t wear lipstick. What was happening to me? Ignoring the war in my mind, I threw on a different pair of leggings, a olive coloured ribbed tank top, my penguins hat, and of course, my converse.

“Wow, what did Sidney do to you? You’re actually wearing lipstick.” Julie beams as I walk into Starbucks.

I laughed, “It’s nice to see you too.”

We went up and ordered our coffee before getting into the details. I settled on a triple shot Americano cause I was still exhausted from last night. Julie couldn’t get me to sit down fast enough at a table to talk.

“So, how was last night?”

“It … it was amazing.” I said as I brought up my coffee cup to hide my smile. “It was like we never missed a beat.”

“What did you guys get up to?”

“So many questions,” I snickered at her before continuing, “we went for dinner after the game, headed back to his room and made up for lost time.”

She gasped and covered her mouth. She was making me feel kinda weird cause I’ve never had this kind of girl talk before. Plus, it was pretty personal. I never really talked about hookups with a guy before. Let alone with the hottest hockey player that everyone talks about. Who wouldn’t want to know what he’s like in bed.

“Well I’m happy for you, cause it’s about time you had something good happen to you.”

“Julie, we’re graduating from Nursing in less than a week. I did have something going good for me.”

She cocked her head to the side and just stared at me, “I know, but I meant like something else besides school. Plus Sidney is just so …”

“Gorgeous?”

“Yeah, that.” She laughs before taking a sip of her chai latte.

“So where did you guys wind up? I kinda skimmed through the texts, but wasn’t fully paying attention.”

“Last night was pretty wild. I’m surprised I’m even alive right now.” I raised my eyebrow but she ignored me. “We ended up going to the Roxy and found a couple of the penguins, plus most of the canucks were there too. We did shots all night, then around 4am we had an after party at Chris Tanev’s house, and I woke up right beside the pool.”

I couldn’t help but throw my head back and laugh, “Oh my god. I thought I had a good night; clearly I was wrong. Which Penguin players were there?”

She just shakes her head, “I have no idea. I was so drunk. Ariel ended up hooking up with Tanev, but that was it.”

“That’s nuts.” I replied as my phone buzzed on the table. My heart started to race, it was a text from Sidney.

“Is it Sid? What did he say?”

I was smiling like an idiot as I texted him back, “He just said hi, that he’s back in Pittsburgh, and he misses me.”

Julie squeals and my eyes roll at her actions, “sorry, it’s just so cute. Is he coming to grad?”

“No. He has a game that night.” I pout.

After we finished up our coffees, we decided to head over to the mall to pick out what to wear for grad. It was supposed to be casual, but I still wanted a nice dress to wear. Julie was dying over the idea of me actually wanting her fashion advice on dresses and heels – two things I never wear. I don’t know why I was suddenly so interested in being girly, but it probably had something to do with Sidney. I grabbed all the dresses Julie picked out for me and tried them all on.

5 days will grad, 6 days till I’m out of here.