To Pluto's Moon

Terrible Spies

“...So now we have detention,” Stile recalled, barely able to hide his smirk.

“And you're actually gonna go?” Malia laughed.

“Well, I kinda have to...” Stiles awkwardly shrugged, fidgeting with the sleeve of his plaid button-up. Malia glared past his head, watching as Naeya descended gracefully down the steps. And then it clicked.

“No, you don't. After all the times we skipped school, ditched classes...You just want to go, because that girl will be there. How quickly you rebound,” Malia hissed, slamming her hands on the table and pushing herself away from them. She stalked off away from the school, disappearing behind a school bus and into the trees.

Stiles groaned loudly, running his hand over his face. “Honestly at this point, I think she's just looking for reasons to hate me.”

“Obviously. You didn't pick up on that before?” Lydia asked pointedly as she plopped down next to Scott. Stiles shot her a sarcastic look, annoyance clear on his face.

“No, I did not pick up on that, Lydia. If you haven't noticed, I've been trying to figure out how to fix things with her.”

“But see, that's the thing. She still wants you two to be together. You don't.” Stiles' brows knit together in consideration for a moment before decidedly shaking his head.

“No, I do. It's the only thing that's been on my mind since we broke up.”

“No. No, actually,” Stiles glanced over at Scott, waiting for him to explain. “You say you want her back, but I think you've already gotten used to things being this way. Like you've resigned yourself to that fact and just want to be okay again.”

“Scott, I love her,” Stiles argued.

“You can love someone and not be together.” Scott nodded towards Lydia, whose head was buried in her Chemistry lab.

“Oh, that's different and you know it,” Stiles hissed at his best friend. He leaned back in his seat, eyes darting around the courtyard. When he saw her, his eyebrow rose for a split second before his mouth gaped open. Naeya was moving toward them and it looked like she was walking on air. The sunlight was at her back, casting her and her white dress in a bright glow that quite frankly, made her look like an angel. Scott noticed his friend's expression and turned around to see her, elegant and beautiful. He also knew that Stiles never had a chance. And neither did everyone else, apparently. Scott shook Stiles briefly to get his attention.

“Do you see what I'm seeing?” Everyone's eyes were on her, whispering to each other as they did.

Naeya felt uncomfortable, but tried to not let it show. Her plan was to find a secluded place to relax away from the stares of her classmates. They'd forget about her eventually and get on with their lives. She meant to avoid eye contact with anyone, but found herself searching for a certain someone. When she saw him an immediate smile spread across her features, along with a slight blush. She wondered if he knew, as she walked past him and disappeared behind the school building.

Scott and Stiles glanced at each other, before jumping out of their seats and following behind her. Lydia rolled her eyes and sighed, closing her notebook and heading to see what the boys were up to this time.

Naeya sat cross legged on a large rock that was situated at the base of a large oak. Stiles and Scott watched as she calmly removed a book and a brown paper bag from her backpack.

“You do realize how creepy you two look, right?”

Stiles yelped briefly before the three ducked down behind the building. Naeya smiled to herself as she noticed Stiles' head peek out from her peripheral. They aren't exactly discreet, are they? She kept her focus on the book in front of her and laughed to herself, hoping it wasn't obvious that she knew they were spying on her.

“Jesus, Lydia! Are you trying to get us caught?” Stiles whispered harshly.

“Well that would be interesting,” she mused, “but I honestly doubt that would help your situation any further, now would it?”

Stiles rolled his eyes before turning his attention back to Naeya. She had her face tilted toward the sky with her eyes closed. It really is beautiful here, she thought. She briefly peeked over to the three speaking intently with each other, before focusing on the warmth and the energy that brought her here.

“This feels kind of...weird. I mean she's just minding her own business and we're just staring at her. I'm gonna head back. You coming?” Scott motioned back to the courtyard. Lydia grabbed his arm and began walking him back. “What are you doing?”

“When has Stiles ever been wrong about people's intentions? For whatever reason, he's inexplicably drawn to her, and yet, it isn't out of suspicion or paranoia. He'll be fine. We, however, won't be if we don't finish this lab before next period. Come on.”

Stiles felt his friends leave his side, but didn't dare take his eyes off Naeya. He had a feeling that something was about to happen, and he strained to even keep himself from blinking in anticipation. As soon as they were alone, she knew. She knew he was watching, he was waiting. She pleaded briefly with anything and anyone that would listen, that he could see her as she saw herself, as she wanted herself to be. A breeze caught her hair and with it, her uncertainty of being there. As she relaxed her shoulders, Stiles noticed a sort of connectedness she had with everything around her. It didn't make any sense to him as he thought over what that even meant, but it felt right, and when he looked at her, he could see it.

Then suddenly, he caught a flutter from above his head. A Monarch butterfly kissed his shoulder before flying over to land on her hand. He stood frozen in place as she opened her eyes and slowly grinned. Her eyebrows knit together for a split second before she looked up at the sky and gasped in surprise. Beautiful butterflies of all sizes descended gracefully from the sky, surrounding her and tickling her skin. She stood up and spun around, feeling their love, their peace, and their calm. She very suddenly felt herself welling up, but stopped herself from crying. Is this forgiveness?

Stiles whipped his head around, as if to get assurance that this was actually happening, but unfortunately no one else was around. Just as quickly as they came, they were gone and Stiles was left there wondering if it was even real. He looked at her for a moment longer, confusion written all over his face, before he headed back inside to his locker. Scott and Lydia met up with him, shooting him all sorts of questions, but he wasn't paying them any attention. The only thing running through his head was one simple, yet loaded question of his own.

Did she do that?
♠ ♠ ♠
Aaand we're back for another one.
Who do you think Naeya is? Why is she even here?
Let me know what you think in the comments :)