Nope

Vacation

Image

Some things are bull shit. The fact that, when Slater woke up from her matrix induced coma, she was in full control and knew exactly how to use her power as the matrix, as where I was left without a clue: bullshit. The fact that Sunstreaker ended up serving out the same punishment as Sides for his behavior before his capture: bull shit. However there was no more extreme case of bull shit than the fact that the bots were currently planning to bring back Sentinel and the pillars, despite both Slater and I refusing to take any part in it.

There were no more shards, just Slater, and if they thought for one second that either of us were going to cave then they had another thing coming.

Their blind optimism and faith made me sick. They didn’t see it. They didn’t understand. It was maddening.

They weren’t going to go soon. There was no obvious decepticon threat and they were trying to do right by the government.

There was no Megatron, but he wasn’t my concern after all. It was Sentinel, who had masterminded the plan.

“Blake?” I turned and glared at Lennox. I wasn’t mad about my punishment. That was whatever. I was pissed that he was with Optimus on the let’s have both thing. We did not live in a fucking Old El Passo commercial.

“What?” I spat.

“I know you’re angry-“

I laughed. “Angry is when I storm around base, kicking people’s asses. Angry is when I threaten to dismantle bots. This is far beyond angry.”

“We need every advantage that we can get-“

“Unless the plan is to bring back Sentinel, get him to change the command on the pillars and then we offline him, there is no advantage.”

“Blake, do you understand what you’re asking?”

“I’m asking for one thing, destroy the pillars and then maybe, just maybe you can convince Sentinel that humanity isn’t that bad and hat Cybertron is a lost cause though I doubt it.”

“You’re asking them to give up on their planet.”

“I am. I know I am. I’m asking them to do it again. I know, because there was a point, where they accepted that.”

“And what would happen if someone asked you the same?”

“I spent months in a psychiatric care facility and you think I’m the best person to ask about how I would feel if something traumatic happened to me? You are an idiot.”

“I didn’t home here to fight.”

“Then what do you want?”

“Well aside from your shit attitude, you’ve actually been behaving, so you’re off of your punishment.”

That caught me off guard. “Oh. Thanks. I guess. I wasn’t expecting that.”

“Yeah. Well we have a slight problem.”

“What?”

“Honestly. You’re shitty attitude and usually bad behavior tends to get us in trouble with the higher ups, and the president is coming to visit. Needless to say, we kind of want you gone.”

I looked at him blankly, but cracked up laughing.

“Very Grandma Cecelia of you. I like it. Though you didn’t have to get bitchy on me to tell me that I can go on vacation. You know Hawaii is nice.

“Can I take Sides?”

“He’s your guardian. He doesn’t have a choice. You and Slater are going different places though. precautionary.”

“Whatever. When do I leave?” I asked.

“Tomorrow,” Lennox said.

“Then since I’m free, I’m going to take my guardian and go shopping.” I went to my room and changed, before hunting down Sides. I had a hat on to hide the fact that my roots were a hot ass mess.

“Sideswipe,” I sang walking into the room he shared with Sunstreaker.

“Blake,” he returned it.

“I’m officially free.”

“You are. Too bad we’re not.”

“Oh, but my lambo friend. You are my guardian, which means, when I go places, I can take you with me, and I want to go get my hair done, a manicure, a pedicure, I want to go shopping for our little vacation coming up, and let’s not forget the golden opportunity to take you to the track to go smoke those little bastards at the tracks asses.”

“A vacation?”

“A trip? A getaway? When you go somewhere that you don’t-“

“I know what it is smart aft,” he said, optics rolling. “I’m just surprised that they’re allowing you to go. Where are we going?”

“Hawaii.”

“You mean the obnoxious wet and humid island filled with tourist squishies?”

“The wet and humid island with lots of long winding roads, with few people, with forest and beaches with no other people.”

“The roads better not suck,” he said.

“Or what? You’re gonna park in protest?”

“I just might.”

“Yeah. You holding still? Sure.”

“I thought we were leaving,” he said.

“We are.”