Nope

Cheese

Image

I woke up in the medbay. I was on one of the beds, Sides’ holoform beside me, stroking my hair.

“I found out only shortly before you did,” he said. “I didn’t handle it well.”

That explained the fight.

“I’ll take you back down, when you’re ready,” he said. He looked sort of ashamed of himself.

I just scooted closer to him. I was tired and confused and my head hurt.

I reached up and felt the back of my skull. There was a bump. “You bounced your head off of the ground,” he explained.

I groaned. “I’m getting really sick of this passing out shit. So what’s the damage?” I asked.

“I’ve seen you take worse.”

“No, I mean last time I saw you, you were knocked into stasis. And which one of you managed to wrench Ratchet? That was impressive.”

“I don’t remember, but apparently that was me,” he said with a smirk.

I chuckled. “Any damage?”

“Well…” he trailed off.

“Sideswipe,” I said in a warning voice.

“I might’ve loosened some lines. Ratchet tightened them some, but he’s going to have to go in and fix them.”

“Idiot,” I muttered. “Why didn’t he?”

“Because I transformed and came here.”

“You should’ve gotten yourself fixed.”

“I’ll be fine. I’m not worried about me. I’m worried about you.”

“You said you-“

I got a look.

“Yeah. I didn’t think that’d work.” I sighed. “I- I don’t- I-“

I felt my throat tighten and the tears begin to well up.

Sides just pulled me closer. He didn’t say anything. He didn’t have to. He knew.

“I want it to be him, but it makes no sense. It can’t be him. He died. I held his corpse.”

He didn’t say anything. He just let me lay there and cry. When I finally cried myself out, I just looked at him.

“You’re horrible. Truly totally and completely horrible.”

He smirked.

“I’m Sides, and despite the fact that I can be an over confident asshole, I’m also a ridiculously nice, and sweet and caring and adorable bastard, who lets complete and total fuck ups, cry on their shoulder even though I hate organic material. Fucking terrible.”

“It’s your fault,” he said. “Turned me into a horrible slag heap.”

“How is that my fault?” I asked.

“Because you came into my life took my spark in those fleshy digits of yours and haven’t let go,” he explained casually, as if this wasn’t a major step in whatever relationship we had. “I don’t try to be like this, and I’m not save for when I’m around you. I just can’t help myself around you,” he said.

He looked down at me, optics bright and a smirk on his face.

I rolled my eyes. “Sure, blame me, you fucking cheeseball.”

“I’m not good at being cheesy,” I continued. I leaned up and very gently kissed his holoform.

“Actions speak louder than words,” he said, when we separated.

“Terrible.”