Status: Just some fluff ♥

The Proposal

One

For the past two years on their anniversary, Brett had woken up to a letter from Jason and today was no different. Retrieving the sealed envelope off the pillow, Brett smiled and opened it.

‘Morning handsome,

Three years ago today, you literally stumbled into my life and immediately made your mark on my heart. Today, we’re going to go back to the place where it all started… so, get up, get dressed and head over to Nina’s Café

J x’


Shaking his head in amusement, Brett pulled himself out of bed and got changed. Making his way over to Nina’s Café, Brett headed through the front door and frowned when he couldn’t see Jason anywhere inside.

Approaching the counter, Nina smiled as she handed him a takeaway cup of coffee and another sealed envelope with his name on it. Taking a sip of coffee, Brett put the cup down on the counter and opened the second envelope with a frown.

‘Our first year together was a little turbulent, but we survived and came out of it stronger than ever. If you remember the walk we took that day… then retrace our steps.’

After being told that Jason had already paid for the coffee, Brett thanked Nina and left. Unsure of what was going on, he followed Jason’s instructions and ended up at the pier. It wasn’t long, before he heard their song being played on the grand piano that was there and made his way over to listen.

On the piano was a sign, which read:

‘We were listening to this song the day we finally said I love you, from that point on this song became our song and it will always remind me of that night. The final destination on your trip is the docks.’

Waiting until the song ended, Brett walked to the docks and smiled when he saw Jason standing at the end. Nervously, he made his way towards the man he loved and hugged him.

“When we first started dating I was terrified, because, for the first time in my life, I had someone that meant more to me than any other person in the world. You stuck by me through everything and even when I pushed you away, you refused to leave me,” Jason said, retrieving a silver ring from his pocket with shaking hands and dropping down on one knee, “Baby, I can’t guarantee that there won’t be tough times ahead of us, nor can I promise to be able to fix all your problems… but the one thing I know for certain is that I love you more than anything on this Earth and I can’t imagine not having you in my future. Brett Clark, will you marry me?”

Unable to speak and with tears streaming down his face, Brett nodded in response. Smiling, Jason stood up and slid the ring onto Brett’s finger. Lifting his head, Brett closed the distance between them and kissed his soon to be husband. Jason had always been full of surprises, but this time Brett was left speechless and feeling proud of how far Jason had come from when they first got together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a load of fluff to be honest! Hope you enjoyed!