Fate Intervenes

Chapter 1- Let the journey begin

Chapter One

June 8th, 2016 is the day my life changed. As I was curling my brown and blonde baylayage hair and putting on make up to make my blue eyes pop. I received an email on the day of my university graduation from St Mary’s Hospital offering me a job to work as a child psychologist in the oncology wing of the hospital starting July 8th, 2016. I couldn’t believe that they would offer a 26-year-old graduate a job right out of university. But as soon as I got the email I knew what an opportunity it was but I also couldn’t stop thinking about the children who were fighting the toughest battle of there lives. If I could make the children smile I knew I was doing my job. The head of oncology Mrs. Eleanor Smith also sent me an email saying that a nurse around my age named Elizabeth Morgan who also worked in the oncology wing was in need of a roommate.

Perfect I thought as I read the email, if I live with Elizabeth I will have an instant friend my age when I move to England.

To: Isabelle.Roberts@hotmail.com
From: Elizabeth.Morgan@hotmail.co.uk
RE: New Roommate
Hello Isabella,

CONGRADULATIONS!

As Mrs. Smith mentioned in her email, I am looking for a roommate to live with me in my flat in Kensington. It is about a 15-20 minute walk from the hospital. It is in a really nice neighbourhood and it has really good transportation. I own the flat so we only have to pay for the utilities. If you have any more questions feel free to email or imessage me.

Best regards,
Lizzie X

Attached to the email was Lizzie’s phone number as well as the address to the house in London.

I decided I would email Lizzie to let her know that I would love living with her.

Izzy: Lizzie its Isabelle! I just wanted to let you know I would love to live with you. It’s nice to know that I am not going to be alone when I move to a new country. Thank you so much for offering me your spare bedroom.

Now that I have the house situation figured out I just need to apply for a working visa for the UK.

Lizzie: Izzy! OMG I am so excited for you to come. When you figure out your flight let me know so I can pick you up from the airport.

Wow I thought I start work in a month.

I grabbed my laptop and decided to book a flight for July 3rd that way I would have five days to get used to the time change as well as get familiar with the area I will be living and working in.

Izzy: eek I just booked my flight so I will be landing at Heathrow airport on July 3rd at 8:30pm! I am so excited.

Ten days later… I received my UK working visa in the mail so everything is set for when I leave.

Now for the hard part… Saying goodbye to my life in Canada, to my friends and family. I know it will be hard to say goodbye but I cant wait for this adventure to start.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy the first chapter. Prince Harry wont be in it the first couple chapters.