Fate Intervenes

Chapter 5- Movie Nights

Chapter 5- Movie Nights

After talking to Harry with Lizzie, all I could think about was him. All I could think about was his piercing blue eyes and his laugh. I was so mad at my self... Really Izzy that was your first impression... Literally running into him then running away. I am so embarrassed. But at the time I was in shock when I looked up from running into him, my first instinct was to run.

Towards the end of our five-minute conversation Lizzie invited Harry to out apartment on Friday at 7:30pm for dinner and movies.

After talking to Harry I checked my phone and saw that Arthur, Zoe and Andrew replied to the group message that they would love to come over.

Lizzie and I decided to go to pret a manger for lunch and a cup of tea. After lunch I did some play painting with a four-year-old little girl named grace. I noticed that she was deaf so I signed "Hello grace my name is Isabelle." Grace's face lit up when she realized that I knew sign language. I was so thankful that I took sign language classes all seven years at school. Grace and I signed about our hobbies and we were really similar.

Before I knew it I was meeting Lizzie at the nurses station at 5:00pm ready to get home. On the bus ride home Lizzie and I talked about our days and I told her all about how I met Harry. Lizzie couldn't stop herself from laughing. I joined in with her because it did sound funny when I told her what happened.

"Don't worry. I met Harry answering the door in a towel when I slept over for the first time at Andrews house." Lizzie added as she gave me a reassuring smile.
Twenty minutes later we were at the house. Once opening the door I set my purse on top of the shelf that stores our shoes. I walked into the kitchen and washed my hands. Lizzie followed me into the kitchen and did the same thing.

"What do you want to have for dinner?" Lizzie asked as she opened the refrigerator door looking to see what we had.

"Well, I can make a chicken Alfredo with spinach and mushrooms" I said as I noticed the garlic, chicken, cream, chicken broth, spinach and mushrooms in the refrigerator.

"Mmmmmm that sounds delicious." Lizzie said as she shut the refrigerator door.

"It should be done in 20 minutes,” I said as I grabbed the ingredients from the fridge and placed them on the counter.

I grabbed a pot and put it on the stove. I added a teaspoon of oil at the bottom of the pot then chopped up the mushrooms, spinach and garlic and placed it in the pan. I then cut the chicken into pieces and placed them in the pot. I then grabbed the cream and chicken broth and pored a cup of each into the pot. I then added some penne noodles and some salt & pepper into the pot and stirred. I put the stove burner on simmer and set the table.

After I set the table, I walked back to the stovetop and stirred the pasta. Lizzie was having a bath while I cooked dinner. About 20 minutes later the pasta was done. Lizzie and I were sitting down at the table.

"Omg that is the best pasta I have ever had." Lizzie said after she finished her first bite of pasta.

"Thanks." I said as I smiled at her.

"Do you want to watch Grey's Anatomy?" Lizzie asked in between bites of pasta.

"Sounds good to me. I just need to have a bath first. " I said.

After eating dinner I walked upstairs and started a bath. I poured some bubbles into the bath and relaxed listening to Ed Sheeran on my phone. Twenty minutes later I was out of the bath and in my pajama bottoms and a T-shirt. I brushed my teeth and hair. And as I was heading down stairs j decided that I wanted to grab my fleece blanket and walked downstairs into the TV room.

Lizzie was downstairs sitting on the couch texting. Once Lizzie noticed me she smiled at me and said "You sure left an impression on Harry. He was just texting me asking about you."

"Really?" I asked as I blushed. I walked over to the couch.

"I may have given him your number." She said as she winked at me.

Omg I thought as I blushed.

Lizzie started Greys anatomy from season one because we both wanted to watch it from the beginning again.

As I was watching the show my phone vibrated on the couch beside me, so I grabbed my phone to look. I had gotten a text message from an unknown number.

I have to say that you’re the first women to run away from me haha

I immediately text back knowing who it was.

Izzy: Omg I am so sorry. But to be honest you were the last person I thought I would run into.

Harry: Don't be sorry, it was definitely rememberable.

Izzy: I'm glad I could be some entertainment haha

Harry: See you tomorrow beautiful

Izzy: See you tomorrow Prince Charming haha

Harry: Really??

Izzy: Yep

I looked back up at the TV and started watching the TV again. After watching three episodes we both decided to go to bed.

The next day at work went by super fast. I did some play and art therapy with the children and before I knew it Lizzie and I were on our way home.

For dinner tonight Lizzie and I decided to make a roasted almond, strawberry, mandarin oranges with balsamic vinaigrette salad for the appetizer with steak and jack potatoes for the main course. And for dessert I decided to make a Canadian dessert called Nanaimo bars.
At 7:00 I walked upstairs to change into some black jeans, and a purple short sleeve blouse.

I was ready at 7:15pm so I went downstairs to wait in the TV room. Lizzie came down five minutes later wearing blue jeans and a light pink short sleeve blouse.

Ten minutes later Andrew showed up giving me a hug and Lizzie a kiss. Next to show up were Arthur, Zoe, and Harry.

Arthur and Zoe gave me a big hug telling me "It's so nice to see you again"

After hugging Zoe, Harry walked up to me and gave me a big hug whispering "Hello Beautiful."

I smiled and whispered back "Hello Prince Charming."

I pulled back from the hug and saw Lizzie smiling at me.

"Dinner is ready." Lizzie said as she led everyone into the kitchen towards the table.
I walked towards the kitchen counter and grabbed the bowl of salad and placed it on the table while Lizzie grabbed the steak and Jack potatoes.

Once all the food was on the table everyone dug in. Throughout dinner we talked about the hospital, about Zoe and the baby, and about Harry's charity polo game that Saturday. Harry invited everyone to his polo match tomorrow afternoon.

After everyone was finished there dinner I walked into the kitchen to get the Nanaimo bars.

Walking back to the table I said, " This is a Canadian dessert called Nanaimo bars, they are chocolate and coconut bottoms, a cream in the middle class and chocolate on the top."

"Mmmmmm looks so good," said Harry as he reached for a Nanaimo bar. Everyone loved the bars. After dessert we headed into the TV room to watch movies.

Zoe, Arthur, Andrew and Lizzie were cuddled on the long couch. So Harry and I sat down on the love seat.

We started watching the movie Spy with Melissa McCarthy and Jude law. Halfway through the movie Harry pulled me towards him and I cuddled into his chest.

After Spy was done we put on the movie Mission Impossible: Rouge Nation. I watched the movie curled up into Harry's chest. Throughout the movie Harry would whisper into my ear that he would protect me when an intense part came onto the TV screen.

After the movie was done everyone decided it was time to go home seeing at it was 12:00am and we have to leave for the polo game at 10:00am because it takes and hour and a half to get to the polo field.

As Harry was leaving the apartment he pulled me towards him to give me a hug, as he hugged me he whispered in my ear "Will you go out with me tomorrow."

I looked up into his blue eyes and kissed his check then said, "Yes."

After Harry left the apartment, Lizzie looked at me saying, "You two looked awfully close."

I didn't reply but I'm sure my face replied for me as I felt my face start to blush.

"We are leaving meeting everyone at Kensington palace at 9:45am. We are going to take two cars to the polo match." Lizzie said as we started to walk up the stairs.

"Okay, but what do I wear to a polo match?" I asked as we reached my bedroom.

"Just a summer dress and heels." Lizzie said smiling at me.

"Thanks. Goodnight Lizzie."

"Goodnight Izzy."

I walked into my room got into my pajamas and headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth.
I set my alarm for 7:45am.That night I fell asleep with a smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you are enjoying the story so far. Please let me know what you think.