Status: Typing from my phone, will get through to edit ASAP. thank you for letting me know about any and all errors. You guys are awesome.

Survival.

Cabin

The water hit my skin like a thousands needles were being tossed at me, but at that moment I didn't care, those soulless eyes kept staring at me. The blood dripping from my skin seemed never ending as I slowly moved my hands around my body, I felt grimy, dirty, and disgusting.

I hadn't said a word to Luke since I left the deli, it's not that I didn't want to but if I opened my mouth I may have screamed. I was afraid to tell him what I saw, I wouldn't even let him go in side the deli when I stumbled out.

A cold hand on my back had my body tense, I hadn't realize Luke had entered into the shower me.

"I don't know what you saw, but I'm here. I won't let anything hurt you." His lips connected with my neck and his large muscular arms wrapped around my upper body. If it was any other moment. I would have ravished him, but right now I was thankful for him just being there.

"Does your dad still have his access to the locker?" My voice was low and raspy but I knew he heard me from the tense feeling he was radiating.

"Why?"

"Because, if this doesn't get taken care of, if they can't quarentine this." I shifted my body to where I was facing him, I could see the blood dripping down his chest from what was left in my hair. "We need to protect ourselves, survive."

I knew he wouldn't question my certain madness, he just clenched his jaw and rubbed his hands on my arms while staring off into space. His lips twitching a few times before he blinked and looked down at me.

Luke was never one to argue, at least not a serious arguement. He was civil, calm unless pushed and protective. Not once has he ever questioned me and my choices.

His fingers softly dug into my thigh as he let out a sigh through his nostrils.

"Let's get some needed sleep, I'll call him in the morning."

I wanted to argue, have him call now just in case. I knew they didn't live far away and the fact that they didn't get the before us made me worry, if something happened to his parents; I probably wouldn't have the same Luke anymore. My eyes narrowed as I thought about it, maybe I should have him call to make sure they were alive.

"Okay, but can you just call and make sure they are okay." His lips touched my forehead which allowed me to know that he would do that.

The shower didn't take long and by now I was drying my hair out as I watched Luke roam the living room, his body was tense as he held the phone to his ear. I could see him mumbling things, cursing under his breath and running a hand through his hair.

"What's going on?"

His eyes were on me and I could see the panic within them, quickly he put the phone on speaker to see that he was listening to a voicemail from his father.

"I don't know what's going on son, this is some weird outbreak but I hope you two stay safe. I left the locker key in the cabin just in case, some guy bit your mother today and now she's down right ill. " There was a soft pause, some shuffling and a sigh.

"She's in bed sleeping for now, I tried to call the ambulance but everything is busy. Can't even get through to the police. I'll try and get to the cabin soon, don't wait up for me. I love you boy, you keep my daughter in law safe now."


The voicemail ended and I looked up to see Luke lost in thought, my heart started to pound as I watched him take the phone from my hand and push it into his back pocket. I already knew what was going to happen and I was dreading it. If there was one thing he loved more then me, it was his parents.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for the comments and subs!

This is a shirt chapter but I promise to update soon.