The D in Apartment 23

Four Days Time

It had been a few days since Bucky and Harry had gone on their date but that hadn't stopped them seeing each other. He'd brought her her usual coffee order when she finished work and instead of turning into his own apartment he'd come in and drink it with her asking her about her day and her plans for the days she had off. To anybody who didn't know them they would be forgiven for mistaking them as a couple. "So I have a new mission coming up, I leave tomorrow for about four days." His soft smile tried to reassure the worry that had crept its way on to her face. He reached over and took her hand in his to stroke it gently, this was bizarre for him he had never had someone worry about him before and he knew deep down he worried about her when he was gone. He couldn't deny it he had grown feelings for his beautiful neighbour. She was so pure and caring that it was hard not to want to spend any time he could with her.
"Where is it?" She blushed slightly tearing her gaze away from their entwined hands and to his pure blue eyes.
"It's in Poland, that's why it's four days. We need to retrieve some confidential files. I know where the base is from my time in that region." He smiled at her as she nodded taking in everything he said.
"It's coming up to winter you should pack warm." She warned him with a playful smile on her lips causing him to let out a chuckle.
"I promise." He saluted her laughing as she blushed.
"Promise you'll be careful? Poland is too far for me to come stitch you guys up." She smiled squeezing his hand without thinking.
"I promise I will make sure we all return in one piece doctor." He smiled as she nodded satisfied with the answer. Bucky stayed a little longer as they chatted away and ate the takeaway they had decided to order, they were sat on the floor with their backs against the sofa watching some rubbish television show, not really talking just enjoying the company of each other. "I should go, gotta be up early for when they come get me." He smiled over at her, his head falling to the side to look at her with a sad smile, she nodded slowly standing up slowly and holding her hand out to help him up which he took standing up and close to her.
"Stay safe." She whispered nervously, aware of just how close he was too her.
"I promise." He whispered back, finding his own confidence and leaning forward to press his lips to hers softly. She quickly responded by wrapping her arms around his neck gently and allowing herself to pulled closer to him. "I'll be back soon doll." He whispered, the affection nickname causing her to blush. She saw him to the door, exchanging another quick kiss before he disappeared into his flat to get himself prepped for tomorrow.

It was the next morning and Harry glanced over at the clock to see if it was a reasonable time to go knock on her neighbours door. She wasn't sure what time he was leaving and she'd not heard any noise past her door, but, they were trained to be stealthy she supposed. The clock flashed 09:00 and she figured now was as good of a time as any. She slipped her lock off and carefully took the few steps over to Bucky's door knocking on softly, the door swinging open quickly to reveal Natasha and Steve stood there their surprised faces matching her own.
"Hey um" she started not being able to think of an excuse quick enough, hiding the item behind her back quickly.
"Buck, Harry's here!" Steve shouted in the direction of where he were. "We'll go finish up for him." He smiled at the blushing doctor as Bucky walked through his front room smoothing down his hair.
"Harry hey, is everything ok?" He asked concern flooding him instantly.
"Yeah everything is fine, I just" she paused taking a deep breath, "I just wanted to give you something before you left for your mission." She whispered nervously pulling the cake tin from behind her back. "I remembered the Chiffon Cake you talked about, so I went through my grandma's old recipe books and well yeah, it's to say good luck." She whispered her cheeks boasting a bright red shade. "I've never made it before so it might be the worst tasting thing you've ever eaten so I'm sorry in advance." She laughed nervously as he took the lid of it instantly getting took back to how it looked in the war.
"It looks perfect." He smiled his bright smile looking up at her, "thank you." He whispered leaning forward to kiss her, something he was getting used to doing.
"You're welcome." She laughed softly after the kiss sliding back when Natasha and Steve came into view with his back.
"Time to go Buck." Steve told him as he nodded.
"Go get some bad guys." She smiled from her own flat door now.
"I'll see you when I get back." He saluted her as she looked at the floor with a goofy smile, "bye guys." She waved to the other two before turning round and going into her own sanctuary.
"When you get back please make a move Barnes! The sexual tension there was interfering with satellites I'm sure." Natasha told him as Harry smiled from behind the door.

It was later on in the day when Harry's phone buzzed and unknown number popping up on the screen indicating she had a message. She'd just gotten out of surgery that was to pin into place the mangled leg of a guy who had been involved in a one-on-one fight with the Devil of Hell's Kitchen himself. She quickly got changed before swiping her phone to look at the video that had instantly loaded the minute she opened it to show all the group sat around a table tucking into the cake that she'd made, all with smiles on their faces. She could hear the jets of the plane they were on followed by Steve and Bucky saying how it tasted just like it did in the 40's. She laughed to herself shaking her head at their goofiness before the device vibrated again.
'Tony hacked your file and found your cell number. Sorry. Cake was the best damn Chiffon Cake I have ever tasted! Team says thanks! See you in four days time. Bucky xx' She read causing a smile to fill her face.