Status: Ongoing

Moonlight Dreams

By: Spellcraft Writings

Prologue


I sat on the porch with my legs hanging in the air as our lazy cat basked in the sunlight.

The birds sang merrily and the breeze made the trees dance, the noisy speech of summer announcing its presence around the house.

My new little sister came home a few days ago as a bundle of blankets and rosy skin, crying her lungs out unless my father picked her up and calmed her down as if he had casted a spell on her.

My father was the town’s doctor and he was respected and beloved by our community.
As his youngest son I planned to follow his steps when I grew older, the same position that would have gone to my eldest brother if he hadn’t been recruited into the army now that he was 18.

I knew that regardless of the lack of patients of that slow day I would have to return to my studies. My parents tirelessly reminded me that to become a successful doctor someday I would have to study and work hard. Such indication persuaded me to stand from my place on the porch; heading back inside the cool house while straightened the bridge of my glasses.

If it weren’t for our cat suddenly waking up from his lazy nap with his ears standing up and a threating growl in his chest, perhaps I wouldn’t have noticed the roaming of the leaves at the edge of the trees.

My eyes grew in amazement as I spotted something watching us back curiously from the safety of a fallen log.

Between the blue bellflowers, a brown cub with golden eyes remained perfectly still. I thought it was a fox from the nearby area at first, but his features were broader and nobler looking. His legs were slim and his broad paws were covered by snow-­‐white fur like a pair of socks while his brownish coat and tail didn’t seem as smooth as a fox’s.

Fate was funny at times, and as the cub fled into the depths of the forest, I wouldn’t have guessed that in a few years that encounter would change my life forever.

He would be my best friend, my lover, and my destiny.

He was a wolf cub.
♠ ♠ ♠
© 2016 Spellcraft Writings