Status: This story is the sequel to Washed Out Rock Song and is currently active.

Washed up Rockstar

Introduction.

I sat at the baggage claim waiting for my flights luggage to come around the carousel. I looked around at the other people on my flight. There were men in suits, some already on their cellphones making important calls. There was an older couple in visors arguing over whether to call a cab or rent a car. I glanced outside at the Arizona sun. It was April and the temperatures were already in the high 80’s. It would be a nice change of pace from Chicago, where it was still snowing every other week. I haven’t stepped foot in Arizona in 6 years, being back was bittersweet.

I looked at my navy blue flats and adjusted my purse on my shoulder. I heard a couple of banging noises and looked up to see a couple of bags finally coming around. I watched as business men and busy moms grabbed their bags and left. I caught sight of my luggage behind a large black duffel bag and I snatched it out as it came to me.

“Leah,” I heard my name behind me and swung around. Kira was running towards me.

I felt a smile grow on my face as I braced myself for her impact.

“I can’t believe you’re here!” She said, plowing into me. She knocked me back a few steps as her arms engulfed me in a hug. I hugged her back. I hadn’t seen her in over a year and I squeezed her like I was never going to let go.

“Okay, okay,” I said, forcing myself to let go of her. “Kira, let me see the ring.”

She smiled big and held out her left hand. A diamond sat on her ring finger and it glistened as the light hit it.

I shook my head. “I cannot believe you’re getting married."