Status: This story is the sequel to Washed Out Rock Song and is currently active.

Washed up Rockstar

Chapter Six.

"Come on," John laughed from the other side of the fence.

I looked up at the 8 foot fence. Somehow, it seemed much bigger than back when I was in high school.

"This is crazy," I said, taking off my heels.

"Isn't that the point?" John said.

I threw my shoes over the fence, then my purse. They landed on the ground next to John. I grabbed the chain link fence with both of my hands and tried to grip the bottom of the fence with my feet. I managed to climb up to the top. I swung one leg over the side and then the other.

I felt John's hang grab onto my waist. "I got you," he said.

I let go of the fence, putting all of my weight into John's hands. He set me down gently and we both turned towards the pool.

"Well," he said, "Let's go.”

He loosened his tie and unbuttoned his white dress shirt. He threw the both of them on the ground before kicking off his shoes and pulling his socks off. He unbuttoned the top of his jeans and pulled his legs out one at a time. He smirked at me and jumped in the pool, splashing a little bit of water up.

"Come on," he encouraged.

I clearly didn't think this through. Undressing in front of my ex wasn't really something I had planned on. I was thankful the bridesmaid dress Kira picked out didn't require going braless. I pulled the dress up over my head, revealing a shiny black bra and matching underwear. I threw my dress on the ground next to my shoes and took a few steps towards the edge of the pool. I dipped my foot into the water and immediately pulled it back out.

"Leah, just jump in.”

"It's freezing," I said.

John laughed and shook his head. "You are so different, you know that?" He moved from the middle of the pool and swam over to the edge in front of me. "The Leah I knew would have jumped in before I did.”

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Just give me a minute.” I stepped closer to the end, preparing myself for the cold water.

"Leah?" he said.

"What?” I rolled my eyes annoyed.

"You're getting in the pool." John laughed.

Before I knew it, his hands were on my legs, pulling me into the water. By the time my head was under the water my whole body felt like I had been stuck in a freezer for three hours. I emerged to the surface of the water and took a breath.

"Holy fucking shit," I said, wiping my eyes. "What the fuck?”

I looked at John and he was snickering a few feet away.

"It's fucking cold!" I shouted at him.

"Shhh," he said, looking around to make sure nobody was coming. He swam closer to me. "It's good to know not everything about you has changed." He laughed. "You still cuss way too much.”

I smirked at him. "I can't believe you did that." I cupped my hands in the water and splashed towards him.

"You want to play that game?" He laughed. He came closer to me and started splashing water back in my direction. I dodged it and splashed back.

"Okay, okay," John put his hands up, surrendering. He reached out and grabbed my hand before I splashed anymore water. "I give up.”

Our laughing came to a stop and It was dark except for the moonlight and a couple of street lights a few yards away. smoothed out my hair with my hands.

John looked at me and pushed back a peice of hair that I had missed. "Dammit," he said under his breath before turning awy from me and backing up to the edge of the pool.

"What?" I asked, following him. "John?”

"It's nothing," he said.

"No, tell me." I reached out for his arm that was floating in the water.

His eyes glanced at my hand touching him and then moved up towards mine. "You're just even more beautiful than I remembered.”

I felt my cheeks get warm, even in the freezing water, but I didn't say anything. I held on to the wall of the pool with one arm and faced him. I dropped my hand from his arm and let it float next to me in the water. We didn't break eye contact. With the moonlight shining on his face, his green eyes were bright, and I couldn't look away. Somehow the gap between us was getting smaller and smaller. I felt John's hand move to my back and it sent goosebumps up my spine.

For a second it was like time sat still. Me looking at John, John looking at me. And I felt 18 again, I felt like myself again. And more than anything, I wanted to kiss him again.

I slowly moved in closer to him. I could feel my heart beating faster with every millimeter of space that disappeared between us. And then our noses touched. I could feel his breath on me. One more second and our lips would meet.

"John," I whispered. I backed away from him, shaking my head. "I have to go.”

I pulled myself out of the pool and ran to pick up my things. I slipped the dress on over my head, not caring about whether or not it got wet.

"Leah," John called. "Where are you going?”

I ignored him and pulled myself over the fence again, walking away in the dark.
♠ ♠ ♠
The last chapter that I posted was not for this story, it was for a different one. I deleted it now, but if you read it, I'm sorry for any confusion! This is the correct chapter now. Lol.