Status: COMPLETED ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

A Little Bit of Everything

Sylar

MOVE-IN DAY was eventful. I met my aroused roommate Jasper Espinoza, I became a college student, I met Jasper Espinoza, and I cried (for the first time since I was, like, seven).

I was walking into my dormitory hall with my parents when I saw him strolling into my dorm with his boyfriend. They had their hands all over on each other just in a more peaceful way. Jasper’s right hand was firmly around his boyfriend’s waist, slowing pulling him closer. He ran his left hand through his hair, tugging at it lightly. His boyfriend cupped his chin, slowing teasing him. Lastly, his boyfriend pecked Jasper on the cheek, which made my mother quite confused.

“But that's your room,” she blurted, eyeing the two friendly guys walk into my soon-to-be room.

While she furrowed her eyebrows, I only nodded.

Mom pulled at my luggage and muttered something under her breath. I could only pick out the phrase, “Ano ba,” in a harsh tone.

Puffing, I ignored her comment and followed her. My dad patted my back that said, let it go. He seemed more puzzled by mom’s comment than I did. But it also seemed that he was used to mom’s reactions similar to this.

While following mom, dad started to fix the duffel strap on his shoulders and began to smile–forgetting whatever happened a few seconds ago.

“This is it, Sy, you're officially a college student.”

I took in a deep breath and nodded. We're standing in the hallway of my dorm; mom was staring at the door, sighing while dad was going down memory lane.

“Feels like yesterday I was just eating lechon and pancit at your first birthday party.” He clapped a hand on my shoulder. “Now look at you; an aspiring business student.”

Tears started to form at the corners of his coffee-colored eyes, but he covered it up by recalling another one of my childhood memories (that one was about me running around in my dippers–you don't want to know).

I sniffed back a tear and smiled at my father.

Mom smiled at me too. But that second passed when mom formed a fist and started pounding it against the wooden door. She stepped back, throwing a sharp look at my father; he stayed silent.

When the door creaked open, my mom’s smile immediately faded.
♠ ♠ ♠
my favorite thing at the moment ♡

__
ano ba - what?
lechon - roasted pig
pancit - noodles