Status: COMPLETED ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

A Little Bit of Everything

Sylar

SCHOOL OFFICIALLY SUCKS. Last week, I got back my midterm scores and they were as horrible as I predicted (but C’s get degrees, amirite) and I'm slowly starting to hate my major. Honestly, why did I pick finance as my major?

I wanted to see my parents and old friends. I wanted to go back home. FaceTiming helped a bit but it wasn't the same. Maybe it was because October was rolling around (my family’s favorite holiday) and I wasn't able to be there with them. But I knew I just wanted to go back home.

I thought about this as I'm sitting on my desk, opening a new bag of corn nuts. The garlic smell filled my nose and it slowly brought me back home. I just miss home. A lot.

I could feel the tears forming at the edge of my eyes the moment I stuff a couple of the corn nuts into my mouth. Yeah, I'm about to cry.

I was halfway done with the bag when Jasper walked in.

I slowly hid the Boy Bawang corn nuts deeper into my desk and turned my head towards my never-before-seen roommate. Jasper was in the same black hoodie he wore the last time I saw him. His hair fell over his forehead, covering his small eyes.

“Hey, man,” Jasper said quietly. “How's it going?”

I shrugged, picking at my fingernails. “Been good. Just had a couple midterms.”

He sat on the edge of his mattress. This was the first time I saw him on his bed not kissing someone.

“How'd you do?” he wondered. I was surprised.

“Not as well as I thought.”

I struggled with the thought of saying more as I lowered my head. A minute has passed. I decided to stay quiet.

Looking up, I saw Jasper staring at my desk, gazing at the corn nuts. I tried to push it away but it caught Jasper’s sunken eyes.

“Just curious, but did you buy these at the bookstore?” Jasper asked, pointing a finger at the Boy Bawang.

I shook my head. “My parents shipped some snacks a couple days ago.” He was silent. “They’re garlic corn nuts. Not sure if you had these before but it's good.”

“Yeah, I've tried these before,“ he nodded. ”My grandma used to buy these for me and my sister when we went to the market.”

“I didn't know if you liked them because they don't smell like regular corn nuts. At first, I was going to put them away because I was afraid you would've complained or something–” I scrambled my words. At this point, I was unsure of what to say next.

I was playing with a piece of lint from my sleeve when Jasper walked closer, leaning against my desk. I could smell his shampoo coming from his hair and it made my nose twitch. Jasper reached his hand out and poured himself a handful. He chewed on the corn snacks loudly while raising his chin.

"Boy Bawang is good, dude. Never be ashamed of it."
♠ ♠ ♠
this chap hits close to home bc during middle school, you have no idea how many people judged me for I eating my "asian" snacks at school bc it wasn't a typical American snack. BUT ANYWAY yay for another chap! thanks for reading, everyone!!

also awwwwWww for jas n sy