Status: A work in progress

Dance With Me

Ch 1

The way her body swayed could have captivated every person there, had they not been so engrossed with the band on stage.

As it were, Willow's dancing went unnoticed by all, except one.

His eyes couldn't help but to follow her every move, couldn't keep the smile from forming on his face.

Shayne dared to speak, his voice barely audible over the thundering music. "I wish I could be as confident as you! I'd be too worried about what others thought of me!"

With a smile she turned her gaze towards him, never ceasing to dance. "There comes a time in your life when you stop caring what others think of you." A sad look washed over her face as she glanced towards the sky. "I just hope you don't figure that out the way that I did."

"How did you?"

Again her beautiful eyes met his. "I found out I have cancer."

His heart squeezed in his chest.

Finding out that someone so perfect could have cancer was, unbelievable.

"I'm so sorry! They may be able to get it, you have to stay optimistic."

Her locks swung from side to side as she shook her head. "It's inoperable. Doc says I have six months to live."

It was as if the world had stopped for Shayne.

He couldn't fathom how she could still be dancing, still be smiling while explaining that she had cancer. That she was going die.

With one fluid motion her hand was outstretched towards him, that blinding smile making his knees weak.

"Dance with me Shayne."

A giggle escaped her dainty frame at his shock.

"You remember me?"

"Of course I remember you, we were in the same classes for six years."

"That was, what? Eight years ago?"

Her cheeks tinged slightly at how close he had come while they danced.

She had liked him in their high school years, and now there they were, dancing together.

Shayne Wolf and Willow Hartmann were dancing, without a care as to who would be watching.

"You know, I had the biggest crush on you in high school."

His eyebrows rose in shock. "Really? Because I had a huge crush on you too."

Their bodies swayed, fitting perfectly together.

"Stop thinking about it."

Shayne sighed, shaking his head. "I can't. I just can't believe that the girl that I used to sit next to in history has cancer. Isn't there anything that you want to do before, you know."

"Well of course! Whether I were dying of cancer or not I had a list of things I wanted to accomplish. It all seems so silly now though. I had dreamed of going to Ireland, of moving to a big city, opening my own business, going to as many Hollywood style parties as possible. Now all I want is to spend time with my family, to get married."

Willow, like many girls, had dreamt of her wedding down to the last detail.

Now she feared she would never get it.

"I'll marry you."

"What?"

The shock on her face mirrored on his own.

"I mean, yeah. I'll marry you. You deserve the wedding you always wanted, and maybe it was my dream in high school to marry you. Killing two birds with one stone."

"Are you, are you sure?"

Shayne dropped down on one knee, a boyish grin lighting his face.

"Willow Hartmann, will you marry me?"

Willow's heart swelled in her chest.

Never in her wildest dreams did she ever imagine this to happen.

Her high school crush was down on one knee in front of her, asking for her hand in marriage.

"Yes!" With a yelp of excitement she flung herself at the boy, tackling him to the ground. "Thank you Shayne."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm desperately trying to get myself back into writing, I've went far too long with pushing my passion onto the back burner.
Please forgive any errors there might be, or if it seems rushed.
Friendly criticism is much appreciated. Let me know what you think.