Kryptonite

Introduction

“Henry, we can’t keep doing this.” I admit quietly as to not wake our son, Maverick. “We can’t keep lying to ourselves. This long distance thing isn’t working out.”

“Are you saying you want to break up?” He questions. “What about Maverick?”

“Do you think our constant bickering will be good for him?” I counter. “Henry we’re away from each other months at a time but when we’re together, it’s not happy. We fight; a lot. This isn’t an environment I want our son to grow up in. I know what it’s like to grow up in a home where my parents constantly fought. They only stayed together because of me and my brother. And they resented us for it. I don't want that for Maverick.”

A sigh escapes Henry’s lips as he runs his fingers through his curly hair. “You’re right. It sucks that you’re right. I don’t want to lose you, Lacey; or Maverick for that matter.”

“You’ll lose me if we stay together and keep living this lie.” I admit. “I love you Henry, but I can’t do this much longer. It’s killing me.”

He puts his hands on my cheek and rests his forehead on mine, “I love you, please remember that.”

“I love you too.” I tell him. “And I always will…”


Present Day


“Daddy!” Maverick yells as he runs across the set and right into the arms of his father. “You’re here! I missed you so much.” I can’t help but to smile as I see Henry pick up our nearly 4 year old son. “Mommy’s job isn’t as fun as yours.”

“Hey, not everyone can play Superman.” I laugh as I walk up to them; planting a kiss on top of Maverick’s head when I get there. “Hi Henry.” I sile, earning one as well,

“Hey Lace, how have you been?”

“Can’t complain. What brings you out to L.A?” I ask him.

“Can’t a guy see his son?” He questions.

“We’re flying out to London in two weeks,” I remind him.

“I auditioned for a role and got it. They wanted to hand me the script in person.” He replies, truthfully this time.

“Awesome, what movie?”

“Bad Blood.” I can feel my heart skipping a beat as he mentions the title of my next movie.

“Wow, I guess we get to work on a movie together once again,” I chuckle. “I got my script earlier this week. I guess we get to spend more time together, as a family.” I ruffle our sons hair. “And maybe you can even get to hang out with Craig and I’ll be able to finally have a conversation with Tara.”

“Tara and I broke up,” he frowns a little. “You were right, I shouldn’t have had any business dating a 19 year old.”

A frown appears on my lips as a comforting hand finds its place on Henry’s shoulder, “I’m sorry. You seemed really happy with her.”

“It’s fine,” he brushes the heartache off. “I can’t wait for this movie to get into production. It’ll be nice to work with you again. It’s been over five years since we worked together.”

“Yea, it’ll be fun.” I smile.

I can tell that this’ll be an amazing adventure and I can’t wait for it to start...
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?