Status: Work in progress

The Light in the Darkness Is You

A New Friend

Lucy POV

"This is torture somebody kill me." Natsu complained trying not to throw up.
"Maybe next time you'll read the whole flyer instead of just the reward."
Gray had a point but he didn't have to rub it in Natsu's face. He was suffering enough.
"When we get off you're dead Gray." Natsu whined.
Like usual Gray just laughed at Natsu's threat.
"We should be getting close. Everyone be on your guard." Erza demanded.

As if Erza had said the magic words, there was a sudden explosion. The train came to a screeching halt, sending everyone and everything to the floor.
"Gray, Wendy with me. Lucy you stay with Natsu." Erza ordered and I didn't argue. For one she scares me; and two Natsu was currently crushing me so I couldn't go anyway.
"Come on Natsu you're going to miss out if you don't snap out of it." Happy said pulling on Natsu's scarf.
Another big explosion sent the train rolling off the track.

My head was spinning when we finally came to a stop.
"Natsu, make the room stop moving." Happy begged.
It took a minute to find my balance but I was able to stand without falling.
"What happened to everyone? Erza! Gray! Wendy! Carla! Anybody!" I called out.
"Lucy! Over here Lucy!" I heard Wendy shout.
I ran in the direction of her voice to find her and Carla laying in a bush.
"Are you guys alright?" I asked worried.
"Yeah. Those guys were tougher than we thought. They opened this weird hole and pushed Gray and Erza into it. If not for that last explosion, Carla and I would have been pushed in too." Wendy said tearing up.
"Hey it's okay. We're going to get them back." I smiled at her.

"What are you guys doing just standing around?" Natsu called running up to us.
Like you have a lot of room to talk.
"Natsu!" Wendy cheered.
"Glad you guys are okay." Wendy said happily.
"Where's Gray and Erza?" He asked.
Wendy hung her head, "they were pushed into a dark hole and disappeared."
"By the looks of it, it was some kind of portal." Carla spoke, a worried expression forming on her face.
"Those bastards. They're going to pay for this. You hear me! I'm fired up now!"
"If you want to join your friends all you have to do is ask."
Three men suddenly appeared before us.

Natsu POV

So these are the jerks that caused all this. I'm going to make them pay.
"You have a lot of nerve messing with Fairy Tail." Happy huffed.
"Oh please a bunch of wimps like you have no chance against us."They laughed.
"You won't be laughing when Natsu gets done with you."
"I'm fired up! Lets go Happy!"
"Aye sir!"
I had them in my sights, my fists ready to meet their smug faces and then they disappeared.
What the hell?
"Behind you Natsu!" I heard Lucy yell.
Before I could react I was met with pain. Happy and I were thrown to the ground below.

"Like I said no chance."
Just who the hell were these guys?
"Now if you'll excuse us we have work to do. Run along children." He mocked.
"Oh no you don't, open gate of the golden bull, Taurus!"
"I've had enough of these interruptions." One of them snapped.
A dark hole appeared behind Lucy.
"Lucy behind you!" I shouted, but it was to late.
Lucy, along with Taurus disappeared into the darkness.
"Natsu!" Wendy screamed, she and Carla too were now gone.
"See ya round fire boy." They smirked.
All I saw then was black.

Lucy POV

"Hey, you okay?" An unfamiliar voice asked.
I opened my eyes to a girl staring at me.
"Here drink this." She handed me some water.
I was unsure at first if I should take it.
"Come on it's not like it's poisoned. See." She said taking a drink.
I smiled taking it from her.
"What happened to you?" She asked.
It took me a minute before I could remember.
"Where am I?" I asked frantically.
"In the forest just outside of Combai."
She had a worried look on her face. She must think I'm a nut case the way I'm acting. I sighed.
"This place can be pretty confusing if you don't know your way around. Come on I'll show you around. I'm Akira." She smiled holding out her hand to me.
"I'm Lucy." I smiled taking her hand.
"Nice to meet you Lucy. Now, lets get you cleaned up."
I smiled but in the back of my mind I couldn't help wonder, where was Natsu and the others.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. Writing in Natsu's perspective was harder than I thought it would be.