Status: Work in progress

The Light in the Darkness Is You

A New Place

Combai, what a nice little town. From what I could see everyone knows each other and they smile all the time. Akira lead the way through the busy streets. I thought for a moment I was going to lose her; she grabbed hold of my wrist as we walked past the large crowd.
"Its usually not this crowded but with the Founders Festival we have a lot of tourists this week." She explained.
We crossed a bridge leading out of town. In the distance was a small neighborhood. Cute little cottages spread out on both sides of the street.
"Most people like to live in town; but for those that like more quiet surroundings live here."

A little further in the distance surrounded by trees and flowers, stood a little blue cottage.
"Here we are. Home sweet home." Akira announced.
I was amazed at the outlook of the place. It was so adorable. I couldn't wait to see the inside.
"Make yourself at home." Akira smiled leading the way inside.
Just as I had imagined the inside was just as adorable as the outside.
"I hope you don't mind blue. My roommates kind of obsessed with it." She laughed.
"No that's fine. This place is amazing." I said in well amazement.
"I'm glad you like it. You can stay here as long as you need to."

Akira was so kind and her smile filled my heart. I knew we would become great friends. It made me sad to think that I would soon leave this place. Once I found Natsu and the others, which thinking about, could actually take a while. I have no idea what happened to them. Who knows where they ended up. Akira left the room without a word. Had I said or done something wrong? I pondered the thought when she returned with a plate in her hand.
"Whenever I'm feeling down this cheers me right up." She smiled handing me the plate. On it sat a beautifully decorated piece of chocolate cake.
"Triple chocolate fudge with strawberry filling. Enjoy."
She left the room again.

Looking at the cake I couldn't help but think of Erza. She would be so jealous right now. Taking a bite I became overcome with sweetness and assortment of flavors.
Akira returned. She was carrying a tea tray.
"So what do you think?" She asked.
"This is the greatest cake I've ever had. Where did you get this?" I proclaimed.
Akira giggled, "thanks. I made it myself. I'm glad you like it."
I was astonished.
"My friend Erza would love this."
I was sad at the thought that Erza and the others weren't here to enjoy this.
Akira cringed.
"You okay Akira?"
"Yeah. I get these little sudden headaches sometimes. It's no big deal, and don't worry we'll find your friends." She reassured me.
I smiled at the thought.
"Thanks Akira."
I hoped she was right.

"So tell me about yourself. Where were you traveling from?" She asked intrigued, handing me a cup of tea.
"Well I live in Magnolia and I'm a celestial wizard."
Her eyes grew big.
"Wow that's so cool. Is that one of your spirits?"
I was confused by her question until Plue appeared from behind me.
"Oh yeah this is Plue. He likes to appear out of nowhere."
"He's so cute! He looks like a little snowman." She squealed.
"I think so too but technically he's a dog spirit. Weird I know." I laughed.
"How many spirits do you have?"
"There are 12 Gold Keys each containing a spirit of the Zodiac. I currently have 10 of them. When it comes to spirits like Plue there's a undetermined number of Silver Keys. I have 5 of those." I explained.
"That's amazing."

I spent the next hour, maybe more whose counting, telling Akira all about my celestial spirits. She hung on every last word. Makes sense since she's never been around a celestial wizard before. Living in such a small place like this she probably hasn't experienced a lot of things.
"I've been talking about myself a lot, maybe you should take a turn." I joked.
"Okay but there's not much to tell. I live here, nothing magical about me. Though I've always thought it would be cool to possess some kind of magic, and I work at the local cafe in town with my best friend. See not much to tell." She said sipping her tea.
"Nothing else?" I asked.
"That's it." She sighed
"There's probably more I just can't remember."
I was confused.

"When I was little my parents and I lived a few towns over. I can't remember where. One night we were returning from a trip. It was storming really bad. The horses got spooked and we crashed. I was found just outside of Combai the next day. No idea how I got there or who I was. For days I wondered around trying to find my way back; not knowing where I was going made it difficult. Eventually, I met Nanico and she found the answers I was looking for. She told me who I was and what happened to me." She sighed.
"My parents along with the driver of the carriage were killed in the crash. I've been with Nanico ever since." She shrugged.
"Is that why you get headaches?"
"Yeah. I'm told its a side affect. Recalling faded memories as Nanico calls them, puts a lot of strain on my mind and causes headaches."
"That's awful. Sorry I asked."
"Don't be. I've come to terms with it. Oh we need more tea." She smiled picking up the tray and leaving the room.

I felt terrible. Here I was sulking about missing my friends when Akira is missing a whole part of her life. I couldn't imagine what she must be going through. When she returned with more tea her whole attitude had changed.
"So tell me more about Magnolia. It sounds like a great place to live."
"It is. The people there are pretty cool but the best part would have to be the guild."
"That's pretty cool you're part of a guild."
"Yeah Fairy Tail is awesome."
Akira cringed again.
"Another headache?" I asked concerned.
"Yeah sorry. Ever since the crash its been my curse." She said rubbing her head.

I didn't push the subject but I thought it was strange that she had been fine until I mentioned Erza and then Fairy Tail. Maybe I was just overthinking but I couldn't shake the feeling. I let it go for the time being and just enjoyed the time we were having.
"Well I should probably get to bed. I have to get up early to open the cafe. You're more than welcome to stay here or come with me."
"I'd be happy to come with you." I smiled.
"Great. Come with me and I'll show you to the guest room."
She lead me up the stairs and down a long hallway til we came to a door at the end of the hall.
"Let me know if you need anything." She smiled.
"Thanks I will."
She turned to walk away but stopped.
"Hey Lucy."
I turned to look at her.
"I have a feeling we're going to be great friends." She smiled.
"Yeah me too." I smiled back.
In the back of my mind I still wondered about Akira's involvement if any with Fairy Tail but that was a quest for another day. For now I was ready to hit the sack. I had an early day ahead of me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey sorry its taken so long to get this up. My new college semester is getting ready to start so that and work has been taking most of my attention.