Status: Ongoing

The Sky Dancer

Chapter 12

Members of the council gathered around for an imperative meeting the next morning after Shada’s arrival to the capital. Seth had instructed his fellow priest to attend an audience with the pharaoh to discuss the matters of state needing his immediate solving.

Atemu remained seated at the head of the table, his sharp eyes roaming around the room as they met every face present. His noble front made a slight turn to the side in Shimon’s direction, asking the councilor to begin the session about the present matters.

The old priest cleared his throat before rolling his careful notes, every participant attentive to his words.

“We must attend the following topics regarding Nubian’s current circumstances, it appears our neighboring country continues to struggle with political unrest and local tension increases with Egyptian authorities.” Shimon announced before raising his sharp eyes from the facts between his hands.

“I thought all this was just a fruitless effort from Sulum’s supporters, why is this a sustaining issue?” Priest Aknadin inquired while looking at Shada directly to the eyes.

“Mahado’s intelligence briefed that they recently joined forces with what appears to be a cult. We still don’t know the subject of their beliefs but they seem to have an equal disdain for Khemet’s operations like the loyalists.” Shada explained as the reminder added an obvious discomfort in his features.

“What is your suggestion?” Karim inquired from his end of the table.

“After consulting with councilor Seth, we came to the conclusion that Pharaoh’s Atemu presence before the people would help to settle the civil unrest.” The priest delivered with some mild strain.

“The pharaoh is already occupied along with our sponsor’s efforts to collect the necessary funds for Nubia, without taking in consideration the present matters of our own country.” Aknadin reminded everyone while his nephew turned his clever eyes in his direction. “It be ungracious from our part to bother our ruler with such arduous journey only to deal with a group of inconsequential enthusiasms.”

Shada felt a mild irritation at the eldest’ comment, taking a mild pause to settle his temper before explaining his reasons.
“I’m afraid the situation is more serious than that. The attacks no longer concentrate in the capital but have even expanded to several of the cities and towns among the nation. Their numbers have grown at an accelerated pace and the aggressions have been cleverly disguised as Khemet’s accountability.”

“So their approaches are not coordinated by simple thugs and uncomforted loyalists.” Isis pointed out as the priest confirmed her observation.

Every member of the council remained silent, a somber mood hanging in the air as they processed the new information. The priestess’ fingers touched the cold metal of her millennium necklace, an ominous feeling dropping on her chest while recalling the glimpses of the devastating vision.

“What did Seth suggest?’ Atemu broke the silence, his lips resting against his elegant fingers.

Again it took a moment for Shada to collect his thoughts, bracing for the storm that it was about to unleash.

“Cut off the support of the loyalists from the residents of Nubia for starters with….” The priest’s eyes moved from Aknadin to the pharaoh himself. “A political marriage with Pharaoh Atemu and the only survivor of the royal family, Prince Heba Yugi.”

________________________________________________________________________________

Malik watched from the end of his scroll how her apprentice’s doll-like eyes turned absently to the room.

Her usual absorbed nature was clearly absent for the passing days since Mahado’s inspection, her assignments falling under a trying pace. Not even the stories of ancient legends and historic deeds, her favorite subject, seemed to have any effect on her.

The scholar was familiar with the girl’s clever attention of her surroundings, which couldn’t deceive her no matter how hard the grown ups concealed the situation from her.

He was informed of her current situation and assigned to report any change in her complexion or behavior, nothing of consequence breaking their usual routine except for the distraction from her studies.

“My lady.” The young academic called for her attention, the girl jumping slightly from her seat as her features suggested her obvious diversion.

“I’m sorry master.” She called from her desk, her innocent visage returning to the forgotten task.

“It is a lovely day.” The man mentioned casually as he stood from his place and approached her mistress. “I was thinking we should perhaps take advantage of it.”

The little girl took the surprise with delight, a sincere smile reaching her eyes for the first time since the accident. Jonoh looked from his end of the room at the sudden idea, a frown appearing in his expression while looking at the tutor.

“Master Jonoh perhaps we should invite the councilor to join us.” Malik suggested while crossing his palms behind his back with a serene look.

The soldier’s face turned immediately in his mistress direction, his resolve to oppose the suggestion crumbling away as she sought his approval. A part of him really hoped the man would stop his obsessive behavior as he plunged to his work instead of investing time with his daughter.

A sigh escaped silently through his nose as he closed his eyes momentarily, his back pulling away from the wall he was currently inclining as he spoke to Kisara.

“I will fetch him.” The former captain promised making his way to the door, a glimpse of his favorite smile catching the corner of his eyes as he left the room.

Fresh air hit his nostrils as the warrior headed to the councilor’s office, a few servants and ministers walking among the halls.

Life had brightened up the palace’s structure after the missing cabinet was filled with new faces. Politicians, servants, and priests contributed to the reconstruction of their fair nation every day without rest, each appointed by the councilor himself.

A couple of knocks by the door in his office weren’t answered as the soldier arrived, the escort guarding the room confirming he was presently inside.

Confused Jonoh stepped inside the study without waiting for the priest’s approval. He was indeed occupying his desk, his face hanging loosely in his chair without moving.

A quick scan of the room didn’t show anything out of the ordinary as he approached the man without hesitation, his fears settling once he notice a serene breathing.

He shook him quietly calling for his name, those cerulean eyes opened dimly as they focused on his surroundings.

“It’s surprising you fell asleep like that.” The priest mentioned as he watched Seth massage the tension off his sore neck.

“Can’t sleep at all lately.” Seth explained with a parch throat while rubbing the bridge of his nose, trying to clear the drowsiness from his tired gaze.

Jonoh noticed the untouched tray of food by his desk, completely forgotten between the sea of scrolls and documents arranged over the surface of the furniture.

“I know it’s no business of mine but you really need to watch your habits, this obsession over work is going to make you gravely sick.” The man suggested as he walked around the desk, his fingers retrieving a piece of chicken and dumping the food into his mouth.

“Limit yourself to my daughter’s wellbeing.” There was a clear note of annoyance on his words, the exhaustion evident in his face. He let his arms rest over his sit while guessing the reason behind the guard’s visit.

The captain was the only member of the staff that was allowed an audience with the councilor around the clock; the familiar tone with the rigid man was something reserved only during the company of each other.

“It’s for your daughter’s sake that I’m telling you this.” The golden tone of his eyes revealed the seriousness behind his words.

Seth had no patience left in his fatigued complexion as a glare flew into the soldier’s direction, his troubled temper already evident in his features. “What is your business with me Jonoh?”

“You will have better luck keeping an unexpected invasion from breaching our walls than to conceal the truth from Kisara.” The captain couldn’t help the contagious feeling of irritation as he spoke his reasons, drawing a surprised look over the handsome face of the politician. “She’s been too distracted to study and your detachment is not helping her in the slightest.”

“Watch your place Jonoh, I’m not in the mood.” Seth established with a dangerous tone, the truth from the soldier hitting a sensitive spot on his companion’s face.

The soldier’s patience ran thin, his hands hitting the desk on the councilor making the table shape under the pressure.

“I sacrificed everything for her!” A yell escaped his throat, his discretion forgotten by his impatience and the power of his voice surely reaching the other side of the hall. “I gave up everything to protect her and I won’t allow that thing to harm her no matter what I have to do!”

Seth was truly surprised by the reaction and tension filled the room, for the first time he remained silent.

“I haven’t given up on her, so why should you?” Jonoh’s eyes blazed with fury, his muscles contracting while sustaining the piercing glance of his rival who couldn’t move as realization hit him.

An extended pause fell between both figures, never understanding how things escalated so quickly. Jonoh tried to relax his frame, his own desperation disguised as rage after looking at the unyielding man so broken and defeated. He really couldn’t’ afford to let himself be dragged down after the sight, for his mistress’ sake he had to be collected.

“I came to retrieve you to spend some time with the princess.” The man’s sandy eyes hid under the shadow of his bangs, his body turning in direction of the door. “I don’t think it’s wise to let her see you like this.”

Seth’s iron grip captured the soldier’s wrist, the man turning around immediately as he felt the hold press his skin.

There was a mild shaking as he noticed those shoulder’s sink, the icy stare crumbling by the torrent of emotions kept at bay.

“Stay.” The proud man whispered, a final attempt to collect himself as the truth carved deep into his mind.

He had been too scared as the memories revived each day, already giving up when the fight was barely approaching.

His daughter needed him and he was failing her.

Seth fell something pull him forward as a hand gripped the fabric of his tunic, his own lips crushing against the familiar rough texture of the captain’s.

The action was brief and full of security, his own body captured by a firm embrace protecting his athletic build.

“I also worry about you bastard.” The soldier’s voice murmured against the priest’s ear, the shaking molding into a comfortable breathing while holding each other in the content of the private room.

________________________________________________________________________________

The pharaoh watched the starry night surrounded by a silent contemplation, his strong build resting against the balcony of his own chamber.

His thoughts didn’t allow him a single moment of peace after recollecting the unconcluded meeting a few days previous, also taking into account the endless events threatening the stability of his country.

“WHAT NONSENSE ARE YOU BLABERING ABOUT?” Aknadin stood from his place in his seat, his hands slamming against the table drawing the attention of the council.

His complexion turned a vivid scarlet while rage spilled from his only eye. “MY SON COULDN’T HAVE SUGGESTED SUCH IDIOTIC SOLUTION!”

Atemu’s eyes opened slightly at the turn of events while his own sharp mind couldn’t have anticipated the suggestion his cousin proposed. Even his meeting with Shada the previous day had failed to mention such point, his thoughts quickly connecting the facts that brought this new idea into the table.

“Calm yourself Master Aknadin.” Shimon conveyed calmly, a part of him inwardly congratulating Seth’s clever solution.

“Pharaoh Atemu is already engaged to princess Kisara.” Karim reminded his colleague, waiting for an explanation.

“Kisara’s awakening.” Atemu mentioned with an absent look, his thoughts coming out of his mouth without consent before the young priest had the opportunity to explain.

All eyes showed a coordinated feeling of dread, seeking Shada’s reaction who only confirmed their suspicions with a defeated expression.

“That is correct your grace. Priest Seth believed that it would be in Kisara’s best interest to annul her engagement with pharaoh Atemu until we find out more about her condition.”

Shimon’s hands trembled slightly just as his gaze lost focus, his thoughts recalling the beautiful and kind girl in his care fusing with the memories of his mother’s loss. Atemu’s reaction had fallen into a similar attitude of his cousin, the lost and concern clearly displayed in his ruby eyes after Shada informed the news in his study.

“Even if our sovereign were to concede to this union, the prince is still an illegitimate descent with no claim to the throne of Nubia.” Karim exclaimed trying to recover some control of the room, Aknadin himself was at a lost as he took a seat.

“That is true, which is why priest Seth suggested a public appearance of the young monarch before the announcement of his engagement with our ruler as a sign of peace and cooperation for the people.” Shada explained, his efforts to convince the council as pressing as his young colleague suggested during their last meeting back in Nubia.

“I had a vision during his stay in the sickroom.” Isis explained, drawing the attention of every member present. “It didn’t make sense until now that Shada explained our councilor’s reasons.”

“What kind of vision?” Shada asked with confusion, the priestess’ ancient eyes turning toward him.

“The Sky Dance.” Her answer caught the pharaoh’s eyes, a silent message delivered between the two, as the man remained absent from the conversation.

“What do you mean?” Karim asked, Shimon’s voice joining the conversation as he tried to settle his fears by concentrating on the present meeting.

“The sky dance is an ancient ritual performed during the war between the Gods and mortals centuries ago.” The scholar explained, his own astonishment filled with admiration by the unknown skill the prince was able to perform. “A sacrifice done by a young woman in exchange for a peaceful treaty between the deities and the human world. I wasn’t aware that anyone had the skill to perform such ceremony.”


The pharaoh turned his reflective visage into the direction of the bed, the beautiful frame of the captive prince sleeping silently under the protection of the sheets.

Several thoughts and feelings conflicted inside him, distracting his attention of his duties and even stealing any possibility of rest.

The monarch had made a massive effort to block the memories of Taenea, his attempts unsuccessful as the absurd idea of a possible political union clashed in his mind.

He only agreed to the idea of marrying Kisara to secure the welfare of his country and producing an heir with accomplished skills needed to control the strenuous power of the millennium items.

After the revelation of his niece’s condition he could only pray to the Gods for her wellbeing, leaving no space in his mind to think about anything else.

Atemu’s fingers graced the surface of the golden puzzle hanging from his neck, the item showing moderate signs of revolting against the seal he performed after the long absence of his dominion over it.

Isis’ therapy sessions to restore his magical flow were still as painful as ever, his struggle to control shadow creatures draining his energy while the creature revolted against his orders.

The passing of days only contributed to his failure as leader, not able to sustain the reigns of the clashing events consuming his dominion.

A quiet stir on the bed caught his attention, the young boy turning his delicate frame in his direction while his graceful features revealed a calming rest.

The pharaoh felt a subtle stir in his chest as he admired the creature on his bed, the clear resplendent of the moon bathing him in silver light.

A frown appeared between his handsome visage as confusing feelings erupted from his heart.

The suggestion of sealing a relation with his political prisoner was no strange coincidence to the pharaoh’s strategies. Such arrangements were common between royal members after conquests or peace treaties between rival nations.

He had the fortune that his lover’s beauty was breathtaking, regardless of his gender, and he admired the sweet nature the man had the few occasions to witness.

His attentions for the young dancer had somehow lasted longer than any concubine, presently realizing his infatuation with him didn’t seem to diminish as time passed.

Once again the face of Taenea sprouted from his mind making him shake his head furiously.

“It’s not the same.” The pharaoh whispered to himself, recalling his own bows as he expelled the irking feeling away.

I will do my duty, nothing more than that. Atemu’s thoughts reconcile to the final decision, a careful note to himself to control his own temper when the time came to announce his consent to his cousin’s plan.

His uncle’s protest would surely earn him an earful, which he already planned to counterattack and the prince wouldn’t refuse if he were to order his acceptance, understanding his will to collaborate with him for the benefit of his people.

Tired of his rumbling thoughts, the smooth aristocrat returned to the inviting room while opening his robe and letting it drop soundlessly into the floor as he approached the innocent figure on his bed.

His nude build climbed into the mattress as his arms rested next to the prince’s frame, those artistic fingers brushing the soft skin of Yugi’s face and clearing away the golden bangs with tender care.

The teen moved faintly as he felt the pharaoh’s lips caressing the space between his neck and the back of his ear, his beautiful eyes opening softly.

Both monarchs watched each other without expressing a word, the silence somehow comforting accompanied by a dreamy scenario.

Yugi felt the pharaoh claim his lips in a gentle kiss, his own eyes closing and his mind resolving that the new conduct of his enemy was nothing but a result of a dream. He never believed the possessive monarch was capable of such loving actions, too tired to protest and letting himself enjoy the development of his delusion.

The prince returned the affectionate exchange as his head turned in direction of handsome man, his hands taking hold of the side of his face after a pause to recover his breath.

His ruby eyes reflected a caring devotion, loving the expression he had never seen before in him.

His own thumb caressed his harsh cheeks, drawing back those sensual lips to his own before a warm moan escaped from his chest.

Atemu’s frame rested over his lover’s body while caressing the prince’s arms, taken by surprised as the teen returned his affections without protests. He fancied the contrast of the rosy tone on his fair skin, the shyness of his gentle nature dissenting with the carnal urgency awoken by the fervor of his actions.

He could feel the need and hunger that began to arouse in his little body, his own hands traveling from his shoulders to the side of his waist while his lips moved through Yugi’s jaw and down his neck.

“Ah.” The prince moaned as his fingers found rest between the monarch’s locks, the man’s own enjoyment filling the air as he felt those exquisite digits on his scalp.

Yugi could feel the passion bubble inside his stomach, his eyes opening in a sensual expression as he sought Atemu’s lips, sealing them in a passionate kiss as his arms rested behind the sovereign’s shoulders.

Pants and quick breathing surrounded the bed as the two bodies incorporated in the mattress, the prince’s light body landing easily over the ruler while letting the sheets fall on the floor, exposing their naked bodies.

“Mmm.” Atemu’s baritone voice hummed pleasantly as he felt his member brush against the teen’s exposed edge, his hands easily covering Yugi’s firm back as they moved toward the back of his thighs.

He let his neck exposed as the angelic lips traveled through his jaw, the journey to his shoulder blade increasing his fervor. He would occasionally nibble on his pulse, drawing an arousing reaction while the prince’s own need brushed between his legs.

The sovereign let himself relish under the exceptional actions of his lover, the little one demonstrating a surprising talent and breathtaking sensuality.

Yugi’s hands found support between the pharaoh’s chest, the smooth curves of his abdomen moving with fluency and hypnotizing charm. Even the music of those celestial notes chorused amidst the chamber, the pharaoh’s favorite melody captivating the warrior like a mermaid’s voice.

He took notion of the man under him, his beautiful eyes burning brightly between the darkness of the room while his hot expressions delivered a pleasing sight.

The elegant digits of the ruler managed to run between the soft hair of the prince’s nape, drawing him back to his mouth while drowning on those lilac pools dressed under thick eyelashes.

He didn’t remove his hold while quenching his thirst for the clear taste of his partner’s mouth, a smirk decorating his face just as he carried him easily into his erect member. Yugi’s eyes rolled to the back of his head in pleasure as an arousing note escaped from his mouth, his tight entrance enveloping his lover in a heated grasp.

His dream had fancied his deepest wish to enjoy the sweet ritual with nothing but tenderness and honest pleasure, neither seeking anything in exchange nor submitting himself to the man’s will and domain.

Yugi could feel the gentle caresses of the rough digits, the loving butterfly kisses flying over his skin while his body rested against he pharaoh’s firm build. Their lovemaking was so soft and caring, his own pleasure reaching his peak without vacillation.

“I…” Yugi moaned between the deep trusts of the seductive man, the tip reaching a deep angle that stole the air from his lungs.

“What is it little one?” The man asked hotly into his ear, nibbling the lobule while the prince took hold of his hair as he kissed him. He couldn’t hold his rhythm as his legs trembled under the pressure, the exhaustion wearing his body as he lost himself to the pleasure.

Atemu felt the change of his partner’s grip, the tremor of his frame against his pointing toward a change of positions.

He turned the prince by his side, the firm hand opening the flexible leg and laying it against his shoulder while his hand pump the need of his lover.

“Ah!” Yugi screamed with his body drenched in sweat, feeling the temperature of the impressive man burning him pleasantly.

“So beautiful.” The sovereign breathed against his neck, the words carving on his skin as the light fled from his sight.

The prince crushed the pillows under his grip as his essence launched with strength over his lover’s hand, the hot liquid spreading between the digits.

Atemu smiled pleased, his own quick breath joining the exhausting pace of the prince’s pants. Droplets slid sensually through the sovereign’s copper skin, seeking the cooling relief of the youngest’ frame.

In his delirium Yugi forced himself to accept the end of his dream as he closed his eyes again, reluctant to let himself face another day by the side of a lonely bed.

His world was surrounded by a black veil in his phase of somnolence, a heavy pressure ripping him of his consciousness with a pleasing humming murmuring in his head. He couldn’t make sense of the words and he only persuaded a soft glow of a mellow fire with his remaining awareness.

It only took a moment to recognize the inviting look of his enemy’s eyes, the bewitching power claiming his rule over him.

Why? The teen thought as he tried to reach for him, his voice forming the words without accord.

Why did I fall in love with a man like you?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yu-Gi-Oh! Is the property of Kazuki Takahashi, and are not Spellcraft Writings’ intellectual property. This is for entertainment purposes only. No financial gain was made from this nor will any be sought.