Status: Ongoing

The Sky Dancer

Chapter 3

Sulum drew heavy breaths, every muscle in his body screaming in agony under the pressure. The hilt of his sword trembled by the forceful impact of the battle against his enemy. His injuries were severe, losing his focus as the blood flooded from the open wounds.

The Nubian army lay defeated, only a few men continuing to resist the Egyptian forces. The god remained still as he watched from the skies, the collapse of the entire capital brought down in a matter of seconds when the entity manifested upon the earth.

His knee collapsed against the dirt as he pressed the cut on the side of his ribcage, the bone broken along with several others. Frustration and rage boiled his blood as he watched the man approach with a composed template. Glowing eyes blazed with the ferocity of a demon, his body regenerating the mere scratches he was able to inflict. His power was too great, godlike even, the millennium item glowing in his chest. The man responsible of his son's death and the destruction of his kingdom lay in front of him. Yet, he remained powerless, unable to carry his vengeance.

"CURSE YOU!" He roared bitterly as he felt his consciousness flee his body.

Atemu came to a stop, his cape flowing along the breeze as he watched his defeated enemy at his feet.
"Your reign of terror ends today." He spoke, his voice back to normal and the eye of Ra upon his forehead.

"You sold your wretched soul to the devils of this world only to defeat me." He cursed, each word thrown with as much venom as he was able to manifest. "You became a monster, no worse than the thing you conjured."

Obelisk moved his head slightly, a deep and fearsome sound erupting from his jaws, echoing among the capital.

The pharaoh remained still as the wind caressed his face and hair. His sword pointed toward his enemy, his expression collected with no trace of emotion left on him. "I, Atemu, son of Aknamkanon condemn you, King Sulum, to death. Claiming my right over the Nubian country as territory of Khemet."

The man spat at the young monarch, no strength left in him to even defend against his own execution. This was the end and he smiled bitterly, his eyes never leaving his hatred enemy. Without hesitation Atemu pulled his sword, delivering the final blow with a dry sound.

It was over.

Howls of victory chorused among the Egyptian ranks, members of the council and commanders joined with their arms toward the skies. Mahado approached his sovereign at full speed, making his way among the vivacious soldiers. Atemu looked upward to the storm before closing his eyes, a deep breath filling his lungs before the eye of Ra disappeared from his skin.

The God vanished slowly, taking the morbid tempest with him. Shadow creatures thinned among the breeze, back into the darkness. The pharaoh felt a great weight and pressure abandon him as the spell was released, draining his body as the strain washed over him. His knees waver before a familiar arm pulled his entire weight against his body. Mahado was by his side with eyes full of concern. The pain was so excruciating that he feared he would pass out at any moment.

"It's over." He murmured, the torment amid his voice as well as the relief. The war had ended and they had won.

"Yes my friend, it's over." Mahado answered with a steady voice, happiness deep in his enlightened eyes.

Atemu smiled at the comfort of such words. The action was brief and it made his handsome face lighten up graciously. His eyes closed slowly before darkness engulfed him, the call of his name distant and quiet before he surrendered to the void.

The face of Taenea appeared among his thoughts before everything ended.
____________________________________________________________________________________

When Yugi woke up he was confided among the dungeons under the palace with other prisoners of war. His clothes had been torn apart during the brief struggle, tarnished in blood from his injuries, nothing fatal. He felt a painful throb on the side of his face where he was struck. A hiss escaped his lips as he felt a bump and the rip of his lip opened up filling his mouth with blood.

The days carried on as the capital remained in ruins, prisoners of war and traitors condemned swiftly and painlessly, emptying the cells as they were taken for their respective trials. The generals and members of the council had worked tirelessly as they restructured the new laws of their acquired territory.

The news of his father's death reach him as soon as he woke up, no one bothering to recognize him as his direct descendent. Surviving aristocrats were among the majority of his cell companions, thinning out quickly as justice was carried out.

He didn't know what had happened to his half-siblings and quiet frankly he didn't care. He only prayed that Ryou had managed to get everyone out safely, including himself.

He lost count of the days, hardly eating or drinking as provisions were shared among the few prisoners left. By the time his trial finally arrived he was shaken brusquely as the soldiers dragged him back into the palace halls. Empty and resigned he walked absently to his sentence, conscious of what the result would be and a part of him grateful that his suffering would come to an end.

Mahado found himself in front of the temporary quarters the pharaoh used during their stay on the capital. The palace became their residence as well as their operation headquarters. They took turns watching over their sovereign, hardly leaving his side after the tireless effort to bring him back to life. He had fallen into a three-day comma after the millennium item roughly drained every magical essence out of him. Death would have been a peaceful way to go after the insane performance in the battlefield. Every priest transferred some of their life essence that saved the young pharaoh from an eternal condemn in the shadow realm.

His body still endured the toil of the aftershock, his copper skin dressed in a pale complexion, barely able to stand without aid. He spent most of his waking hours listening to reports of their present condition and delivering instructions the council couldn't take without his consent.

Shada stepped outside the chamber meeting the counselor by the door. His eyes carried heavy bags as his body reflected the exhaustion everyone was enduring.

"He is awake." He began with a serene tone, the priest still tense for his condition. "He summoned both you and Seth."

Shada volunteered to get Atemu's cousin as Mahado gave a brief nod of agreement. He stepped inside the quarters, the elegant room untouched by the battle and bathed in a soft evening light.

The young pharaoh rested with a pillow behind his back to steady his body. He had lost weight and the exhaustion was all over his features. The priest gave a deep bow at the side of the bed before Atemu gave a silent command to stand with a movement of his elegant fingers resting among the sheets.

"How are you feeling this morning my lord?" Mahado asked as he stood at the side of the bed.

Atemu gave a deep sight, closing his eyes briefly as he rested his back against the cushions. "Better than yesterday. I'm sorry for causing so much trouble to all of you."

"You have done more than enough for us and the kingdom my friend. Your only concern at the moment should be your health. We can take care of the rest." He murmured calmly as his hand rested on the pharaoh's shoulder, a comforting sign.

"I cannot believe I'm still alive." He spoke calmly, making the priest take a certain guess that the motivations behind Atemu's preposterous summon lay behind the desire to end his mortal life. Perhaps that would be entirely true if his soul passed on to the afterlife, something the monarch was aware he wouldn't reach after conjuring a deity.

"Do you regret it?" He asked, unable to keep the question to himself. Atemu avoided his eyes for the first time, a long pause followed by no answer.

"We should return to Khemet, give my father a proper burial." He changed the subject, his hands resting above his abdomen as he spoke the worlds with a quiet composure.

"It's a long journey. I'm worried your body won't be able to handle the struggle yet." The priest mentioned after hearing his wishes.

Atemu patiently return his sanguine gaze toward his best friend, once again prioritizing his wellbeing above his duty. "I'll be fine, besides I'm sure Isis can help me recover faster back at the palace."

Mahado didn’t attempt to change his suggestion, understanding the point the pharaoh delivered about Isis. No one in all the land understood illness and curses better than her. A part of him truly yearned to return home after their long absence, his pupil's face coming into his mind.

Seth's arrival interrupted his line of though as he entered the chamber. Both warriors turned to greet him, the royal answering the already tired question about his condition. He informed his cousin about his decision, the man aware that Mahado had probably tried to change his mind and failed at the attempt. He respected this without a comment, it would be pointless to try and stop him.

"I'll stay here for some time, or at least until we can get some stability on the new country. I want to avoid a civil rebellion." He spoke as his cerulean eyes turned toward the open balcony pointing at the city.

"I decided it would be best for you to come with us. Shada can stay and watch over Nubian affairs temporarily." Atemu delivered his order, expecting such answer from his relative who turned his sharp eyes toward him. The pharaoh raised his hand to silence him before explaining his reasons.

"Kisara hasn't seen her father in three years. I don't want her to suffer your absence any longer." His words shut his relative's mouth, looking to his side in shame once he realized the fact he so carelessly missed.

Seth was the best option among the council to bring stability to a country that had lost its entire substance. Things would certainly be simpler if he remained behind and watch over the transition. However, the young pharaoh wasn't the sort to take priority over such affairs when it came down to his family, even the councilors. He loved Kisara as much as Seth and that was the difference between both leaders. Seth would always prioritize his duty over his heart under no ill will, simply because it was within his nature to do so.

"I understand." He answered without a fight and Atemu gave a brief nod.

"Take care of the preparations." He ordered, both priests inclining their heads to the monarch.
A knock on the door caught their attention, the pharaoh allowing the messenger inside to deliver a report to the priests. He gave a deep bow before he was ordered to stand once again.

"Pardon the interruption my lords. We require your attention with the case of one of the political prisoners." The warrior informed, filling the three authorities with curiosity.

"A political prisoner?" Seth asked the soldier who gave a nod in agreement.

"He appears to be the son of the fallen enemy, King Sulum."

After Shada's instruction to deliver the news to their leader, his already exhausted features grew somber as the child surrendered to the hold of their captors. Each soldier held each of his arms, his head hanging loosely and his legs unable to support his weight.

When he left the pharaoh's chamber he was summoned to the throne room, a few prisoners without a verdict awaiting their trial. His millennium key opened the locks into their hearts, revealing their deepest secrets and succeeding in a free-deception method that delivered a swift judgment without human error involved.

Most culprits had lost their sanity after failing the test of the millennium item, the child before him one of the few surviving cases after his heart was exposed to the priest with a surprising revelation.

Mahado stepped into the room, soldiers inclining their heads in respect as he approached his fellow priest. He took notice of the prisoner who lay unconscious under the hold of the guards.

"Without a doubt he is the direct descendent of Sulum." The young counselor spoke barely above a whisper. "A bastard."

Mahado stare at him before his tall frame kneeled in front of the captive.

His hand raised the slender face to have a better look, his eyes opening in surprise after revealing the childlike features of the prisoner. Half of his face was swollen and black from his injuries, except it didn't hide the beauty of his features.

"He passed the test?" He asked his comrade who affirmed his guess.

Few of the culprits who turned to be innocent were released when it was safe to assume they rendered no threat to the new rule. It was clear that it wouldn't be the case for a member of the royal family, even a bastard.

"Clean him and send word to me when he regains consciousness." He ordered after standing to his full height, the soldiers giving a sign of respect before pulling the prisoner away.

It became evident that only the pharaoh could decide his fate.

The priest, unable to stop the distressing feeling, hoped Atemu didn't have to force himself to sentence a young soul to eternal sleep if his intentions proved dangerous.
____________________________________________________________________________________

The proud Nubian Kingdom crumbled itself by the power of the flames. The gates of the underworld opened as the whole capital fell under a mantle of darkness. He witnessed black bodies scattered around, unable to escape the rage of the gods. Blood pooled over the floor and tainted the walls of every structure. The sounds of battle rained over the city, screams in every direction. Yugi ran between the corridors, heading for the palace's gardens unable to escape.

Khemet's army charged into the city and a dreadful creature manifested itself from the dark clouds, the earth trembling with its formidable power. His rage made the prince’s ears bleed, unable to protect them from the crashing noise. Buildings collapsed and burned, a pair of bloody red eyes looking at him as the small teen watched his own terrified reflection on them. The breathing of the monster brushed away the clouds of ash, the paralyzed monarch on the floor at his mercy.

The prince forced himself back to consciousness as his screams blocked his breathing canal. He was covered in sweat and shaking in terror while his brain tried to make sense of his surroundings. He found himself back in his chambers, resting over his own bed while the room was covered in darkness. Nighttime greeted him as he tried to understand how he found himself out of the cells. His temples pulsed with force making his vision woozy.

The last thing he recalled was his body dragged by the soldiers before he was brought upon one of the councilors of Khemet. The memory of his face was foggy except for his eyes that although exhausted, hadn't reflected any hostility or cruelty. Anything beyond that was blank.

With unsteady feet he tried to head toward the balcony, the doors locked when he reached them. The entrance was sealed as well, guarded outside as the shadows from the corridor moved slightly under the door.

Confused and still quite exhausted he decided to return to bed and rest until morning, his options limited under his present circumstances. He realized his clothing had been replaced for a fresh tunic and the throb on his face had subsided when he inspected the injury. An ointment applied to his face as he felt the oily substance on his fingertips.

He prayed that everything had been a dream and that the recent events had all been part of his nightmare. Ryou would have rushed inside and wake him gently from the delusion if that were the case. The thought of his best friend broke his heart and he couldn't help the knot that form in the middle of his throat as tears flooded from his eyes. He dropped his face into the pillows drowning his quiet sobs, falling into despair with each passing memory.

He couldn’t remember when he fell asleep again, his tired eyes swollen as he recovered his consciousness. The doors of his bedroom opened without warning, a silent figure standing by the entrance as the prince raised his tearful gaze from his bed.

The tall frame was barely distinguished with the light of the corridor except for his gentle features. Yugi would have doubted the last thought as a trick of his teary eyes and the effect of the shadows if the sound of his voice hadn't calm his doubts. It was the same man he faced earlier that evening in his trial.
"Prince Heba Yugi, you been summoned before the presence of the pharaoh for the verdict of your trial." He announced with a soothing tone, the meaning slowly making sense by his drained mind. "A escort will guide you to him."

The prince only shook his head in understanding while the priest remained motionless looking at the defeated figure by the bed.

His escorts took the young monarch outside the room, awarding him with the luxury to walk on his own as the two soldiers guided his way.

Blood painted the walls over a few corridors with marks of battle, the prince's gaze quickly focusing on the tip of his sandals as they crossed the passage. The royal wing remained intact and Yugi realized most of the high authorities had claimed the best chambers of the structure.

His heart began to race against his chest when he realized he would have to face the man responsible of the entire destruction of his homeland. Fear consumed him as he tried to recall his appearance from previous meetings, none coming to his frantic mind.

Ambassadors had been sent to the capital when there were matters of state to discuss. His father always jumped to the opportunity to ridicule and insult the man who represented the submitted country of the North. The visits were something he always avoided if the chance presented itself.

The steps came to a stop as the escort announced their arrival, four massive soldiers with sun-kissed skin protecting the entrance. Their eyes inspected the prince who only looked into the floor, a feeling of vulnerability washing over his tiny frame by the fierce glares. A smooth voice allowed their entrance, Yugi barely conscious of what was happening around him.

Once inside he was prevented from glancing at the figures in the room, one hand pushing him toward the floor. He was forced to touch the ground with his forehead in a sign of submission before the symbol inside the apartment. The prince closed his eyes as he tried to make sense of the voices around him, feeling the authoritative presence just in front of him.

"Take this to Seth and have him report to Shada." A baritone voice filled his ears, the sound so rich and seductive it brought chills to his skin. There was no doubt it belong to the man who had summoned a deity.

"As you order my pharaoh." Another voice answered, the sound deep and respectful.

"You may leave." Their ruler commanded, the two soldiers at his side retreating as well. The teen remained still, too scared to raise his head from the ground.

The man with the placid voice seemed to pause for brief seconds before Yugi heard his footsteps retire and the door close behind him. His heart once again began to race once he realized he was alone with the most powerful man in the kingdom. Not only that, his life belong to the leniency of whatever decision he took that evening.

"You may raise your head." His tone was so inviting it took Yugi a couple of seconds to find his courage and raise his face, the soft light of the oil lamps casting dancing shadows on his pale skin.

His heart skipped a beat as he found the figure of the pharaoh seated close to the balcony, nothing preparing him for what he saw next.

If a word could describe him, it would be beautiful. His features were noble and delicate, golden locks of hair falling in front of his face while the tips transformed from a flaming tint to a nightshade color at the edges. His body was toned and slender, sensual muscles dressing his rusted skin and glowing under the soft light of the lamps. His movements were careful and elegant, even the smooth gestures of his exquisite hands resting upon the head lions on the arms of the chair. He was dressed in a simple white tunic, hardly diminishing his stunning presence.

Yugi made the effort to look at his eyes, the blood rushing to his face as he noticed the unusual shade.

Crimson.

His eyes were crimson, covered under thick eyelashes and sharp edges that gave him an even more intimidating presentation. He was young, probably no older than him, the control of his dominion adding years to his youthful appearance. It was clear he was a man of authority with a sharp mind reflected upon his gaze. It was no question how he had managed to conquer an unbroken nation when the man gave him all the answers with one look alone.

"Rise." Yugi obeyed, the spell of his words so addicting it was inevitable as he submitted to their power.
He didn't dare to look at those fearful eyes again as his own gaze focused over the floor of the bedroom. His hands took hold of his own tunic as he felt those exquisite jewels undressed him.

He had been summoned for a verdict of his own life and yet for a moment he had forgotten his purpose there, his complete attention directed at the man who was believed a god. Yugi had no doubt he was related to a divine deity.

He held his breath as the pharaoh ordered him to approach, his eyes looking nervously to his side before closing again in shyness. The pharaoh repeated his order, this time more gently and the teen blushed furiously. He took a few careful steps, each raising his body temperature and the blood pulsing on his ears.

When he finally closed the distance between each other, time itself froze as he was inspected. His eyes shut as he listened to the radical pumping of his heart, praying that it wasn't loud enough for the pharaoh to hear it.

A hand under his chin force his eyes open, raising his head in the process. His amethyst eyes were so immediate to the pharaoh's he could feel his warm breath against his lips. His graceful fingers burned at the touch as he fell captive of those sanguine pools.

"When I was told you were Sulum's descendent I didn't expect this." He spoke softly, brushing each word so close the fragrant scent of spices reached the youth's nostrils.

Yugi remained frozen, not sure how to respond or even sure if had been asked a question.

"How old are you, little one?" The pharaoh asked, inspecting the prince's features as his fingers caressed the pale skin, lamenting the bruise in his face that sullied such beautiful attributes.

The prince remained silent, making the monarch wonder if he only spoke his native Nubian tongue.
He asked the question once again in Nobiin, catching a reaction of the teen that finally answered in the Egyptian tongue with perfect pronunciation. The pharaoh gave a slight smirk in his handsome face, pleased by the lovely sound of the prince's voice.

"Seventeen harvest my lord." The young one answered, his voice barely above a whisper. He blushed furiously as the man smiled, making it somehow possible for him to look even more dashing.

"What shall I do with you?" he whispered, pulling his face toward those seductive eyes.

Yugi never expected to find himself at such predicament. His mind thought of countless possibilities he would encounter once he was in the presence of the pharaoh of Khemet. However, he was been seduced and played with, no different from his previous situation before the chaos erupted. The man seemed knowledgeable in the arts of seduction and perhaps indulged himself with the company of beautiful women in constant occasions. Why would a man such as himself act this way toward the bastard of his mortal enemy?

Only an idea crossed his mind as his thoughts raced inside him.

He wants to humiliate me. The prince concluded, the realization enough to break the spell the pharaoh had cast by his lustful actions.

He turned his head violently to the side, breaking the contact from those stimulating fingers.

"Although I hold no relation to the actions King Sulum did toward your kingdom, I cannot deny the fact that I'm his illegitimate descendent." He spoke, his eyes burning with a passion that rival those of the man before him. "That alone is a crime that cannot be forgiven under the present circumstances."

The pharaoh remained unshaken by his reaction. His face rested on the edge of his fingers while the other returned to the lion head on the chair. For some brief seconds, the teen noticed the exhausted shadows under his eyes.

"If I must pay for these crimes with my life, then so be it." The prince hurried, trying to keep his voice from shaking. "But I beg of you, do not humiliate me."

He was barely able to retain the tears behind his eyes, crashing his teeth in frustration at the failed attempt to defend his dignity with some grace. "I have nothing left but the thought that maybe I can pass away with some humanity left in me."

He could only hope the pharaoh would make his end swift and painless. Many times he had begged for death to claim him, not afraid of the eternal sleep. The familiar sense of pain he endured each day at the mercy of men and their sick perversions was something he didn't wish to experience again, mainly before his last breath.

"Is death what you really wish for?" The monarch asked unexcitedly.

The prince opened his eyes in surprise at the direct question. His sleeves cleaned the trace of tears from his swollen eyes, once again finding a bit of audacity inside him to face the gaze of the sovereign.

"Do as you wish with me, my lord." He began, something inside him steadying his voice as the faces of the children came to his mind. If he managed to save them, perhaps he could also aid the poor souls still at the mercy of the new ruler. He cared little of what became of him.

"My only wish is for your grace to show the people of Nubia some clemency." His tone was soft, several people coming to his mind supporting the strength of his words. This seemed to take the man by surprise, hardly showing in his placid features.

"They are not to blame for the actions of a man who didn't deserve such power. I beg your highness to show some clemency, do whatever you wish with me if it pleases you."

Atemu didn't move nor did he answer, pondering over the words of the child in front of him. He found unusual that a member of royalty could be so noble. Honesty and innocence were rare among any class, and the boy seemed to disregard his own wellbeing for the sake of an entire country.

Yugi waited patiently as the deity pondered on his next move. A part of him feared that the man would show his true colors and condemn an entire kingdom like the kind of leader his father was. He heard a few stories of the merciless warrior that managed to bring an army to their front door with little causalities to his forces; the same man who delivered judgment over Amun and his own father.

He prayed the ruler wasn't the sort who found enjoyment from the misery of those under him. Power and influence were sweet poisons that could turn the kindest of souls into the foulest of villains.

His hand was taken suddenly, forcing him to his knees as the prince raised his confused features toward the man. The hold wasn't painful, only a firm grasp that reminded him of his present condition. Terrified the prince looked up to the pharaoh, his worst fears conjuring as the man closed the distance between the two.

His own gaze drowned under the scarlet pools before his mouth was claimed without consent. His surprise was such he didn't close his eyes as he felt the burning heat of the pharaoh's lips envelope his own. His tongue traced the edge of his skin, Yugi involuntarily opening his mouth. The sensation of drinking a liquid flame passed through his body and reached every corner of his frame.

A pleasurable gasp escaped from the prince as he felt the back of his neck pressed under the pharaoh's hand, drawing the young one closer to him and cutting any possible resistance.

A sensual nibble pulled his lower lip as the pharaoh drew back enough to look at the teen. Yugi's gasps were hot and heavy, not sure how long he managed to sustain his breath after the sensuous exchange.

"I want you." The man whispered after pulling the hair from the youth's ear, the lips brushing each word against his lobule as his clouded thoughts tried to make sense of the words.

"From now on you belong to me, little one." He breathed, the crimson eyes closing as he imagined the pleasing reactions of the youth in his power.

Yugi felt his body fail as fear crawled through his skin, finally realizing the meaning of such statement all too late. A destiny far worse than death or torture awaited him as he fell to the mercy and whims of the most powerful ruler of the lands.

He had become his slave.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yu-Gi-Oh! Is the property of Kazuki Takahashi, and are not Spellcraft Writings’ intellectual property. This is for entertainment purposes only. No financial gain was made from this nor will any be sought.