Set Up

1/1

Garcia grinned at her phone as she noticed a reply from her friend Coraline;
I guess...What if he hates me Penelope?
Shaking her head Garcia grinned and sent a text back;
He couldn't hate you, you're completely his type.
"Um, Garcia?"
Just as she finished typing the message, the person in question wandered into her office.
"Ah! Boy Genius! I was hoping you would stop by, I have a great opportunity for you!"
His face shifted to a nervous expression, he knew what was coming.
"Does it have to do with our case?" He asked cautiously.
"Well...no. But! It is amazing."
"Penelope if you're trying to set me-"
"Just hear me out, Spencer! She's amazingly sweet, she's super intelligent, she's pretty, she's nice! She's your type!"
"These blind dates you've tried to make me go on never work out." He groaned looking at her exasperatedly.
"Just try it!" She said extending her hand with a small slip of paper on it. "This is her name, and when and where you'll meet up with her!"

Spencer stared at the slip of paper Garcia had forced him to take; Coraline D'Aboville.
She had French roots, he thought about all of the things she would be like.
Glancing down at the slip again he read the place and time; Kobe Japanese Steak and Seafood House, 7:30 on Friday.
"Whatcha got there?"
Morgan leaned over Spencer's shoulder to read the slip of paper in his hand.
"Oh? She cute?"
"I wouldn't know, Garcia set me up on this date...again."
"She's just trying to help, you know how she gets." Morgan reasoned.
"Yeah, I'm just going to appease her. If we don't have a good time, there was a likely chance that we wouldn't have gotten along anyways."
"Hey, maybe you'll have a good time. You never know until you try."

Coraline stared at her phone, she couldn't figure out why Penelope was so adamant about her going on this blind date. She was perfectly happy alone, she worked and slept that was all she actually needed.
"What am I even suppose to wear? We're going out for dinner at some Japanese place!"
She stared at her ceiling, she didn't even know this Spencer Reid. He was a doctor already, they were the same age. What if he was some pretentious asshole? She couldn't deal with that. Deciding she would need to call Penelope to figure out the wardrobe issue she picked up her phone.
"Hey darlin'!" Penelope's excited voice answered after the first or second ring.
"What in the hell am I even suppose to wear?"
The woman on the other end of the line laughed and commented "Well, causal. I mean it's not like it's dress coded. Just look as cute as you always do."
"That's so not helpful Penelope! What if he hates me? What if I hate him?"
"Then I'll pay you twenty bucks."
"Deal." The psychiatrist said.

Spencer straightened his cardigan and got off the metro near the restaurant Garcia had insisted he go on the date to. He looked around for someone wearing a black jacket, he hadn't even been told what she looked like. He was just assuming to see a European looking woman in a coat.
"Um? Spencer Reid?" A voice called out, he looked down to see a rather short Asian woman standing in front of him.
"Yes? You must be Coraline?"
Her large light brown eyes lit up at the recognition of her name.
"Yeah, you're the one Penelope told me about. Nice to put a face to the name." She looked sincere.
"Shall we?" He offered gesturing to the building in front of them.
"Lets." She followed him inside.

"So, Doctor Reid. What's it like to be the smartest person in the room?" Her light joking tone was washed in a sense of sincerity.
Spencer scratched the back of his head and laughed awkwardly.
"Not so great, you get stared out when you spout facts all the time." He answered honestly.
"I see where that would happen." She commented.
Leaving Spencer worried he had already annoyed her with his facts.
"I think it's interesting to learn all of these things, the brain is a truly complex thing."
Her face lighting up with interest as she spoke about the brain, she smiled.
She was stunning, her face was small and she was pale. She looked like the person you would find in a library. Well all except for the fact that she was dressed tougher than Spencer could ever hope to look. She wore a grey crop top and a pair of black skinny jeans with ripped knees. Over all that she wore a black leather jacket. Her long black hair hanging past her shoulders to the center of her back.
"All in all I think that studies of the brain are far more interesting than most of the other body parts put together. Ah- I must be boring you. Sorry." She dropped her gaze chuckled awkwardly.
"Oh! No, I agree wholeheartedly. I'm just glad I'm not the only one who get embarrassed when they talk about things that interest them. Please don't stop on my account."
He wasn't about to tell her he had been staring at her, he didn't want to say that he thought she was incredibly stunning.

Spencer laughed again, he looked so cute when he smiled. His thin, pale face lit up when he smiled. His laugh was contagious. Coraline found herself giggling as well, she looked down to her food again.
"I'm actually have a really good time." Spencer commented as he picked up some food off his plate.
"Me too, I'm glad I agreed to this." Coraline nodded as she carefully picked up a sushi roll.
"I'll have to remember to thank Garcia." His voice made her look up.
"Yeah, me too."

The night wore to a close, they had finished eating. Spencer had insisted that he walk her home.
"I have no doubt that you could probably defend me better than I could defend you, but I would rather I be there to try and protect you." He stated as he walked beside her.
A giggle left her lips, he looked so cute.
"Don't laugh at me, I'm trying to be manly."
"Oh, sorry! I didn't laugh, I was er- clearing my throat." She tried.
"Sure." He shook his head, the crowd on the Metro was far more packed that she had assumed it would be at nine at night. Someone pushed her backwards, causing her to fall into Spencer.
"Ah! Sorry! I-I didn't mean to." She stuttered as she attempted to right herself and grab onto the rail next to her head.
"It's okay." He said his arm casually resting around her waist, preventing her from moving.
"Maybe this is safer, I have a good grip on the strap." He reasoned.
"That's true, thank you Spencer."

"Like I said earlier, I really had a good time. Thank you for being so amazing." Coraline said, a smile gracing her beautiful face.
"I really had an amazing time too, thanks for being so understanding." He replied.
"Um. Maybe we could go out again some other time?"
"Absolutely." He could feel his ears getting hot as she spoke.
"H-here's my number, you should text me sometime."
"Oh, here's mine too. I will, next free day we both have we should go see a movie or something."