Status: for Lina!

Breakfast Kisses

one/one

“Lina!” his accent-laced voice echoed from the bedroom to the kitchen. She felt herself sigh and shake her head, repressing the smile that threatened to spread across her face.

He never failed to make her smile, even when she was mad at him.

After a few moments of her not answering him, she heard footsteps coming down the hallway, light and careful, and he appeared in the doorway with a sheepish grin on his face and his hand running through his blonde hair. Even if she hadn’t known that he had just woken up, she would have been able to tell from his wrinkled pants, shirtless torso and the sleep in his eyes.

“What are you doing, love?” he asked quietly, hesitant from the aura of anger she seemed to be putting off. Lina turned to him, hands on her hips, and started at him for a moment. Maybe if she waited long enough his brain would shake off the sleep that seemed to be clouding his thought process. When that didn’t work, she turned around and shook her head.

“Look at the time, Niall,” was all she said, picking up the cloth that she had been using to wash the dishes and resuming her task.

“Oh, shit,” was all he said. She could just imagine the guilt that covered his features. “I’m so sorry, love. I completely forgot.”

“Yeah, well my parents didn’t forget and they’ll be here in an hour,” Lina said, disappointment filling her words. He had promised to get up early with her and clean everything, making it look perfect, but she had been left to do everything herself.

He walked towards her and wrapped his arms around her waist, planting a kiss on the back of her neck. She closed her eyes and sighed lightly, but wouldn’t let herself turn around. He couldn’t use his charm to get out of this one.

“Have you eaten yet?” he asked, his words tingling against her skin. She shook her head and continued to wash the dishes, doing her best to ignore his warmness that engulfed her.

“When would I have had time to eat?” she had finally turned around, coming face to face with his bright blue eyes. He leaned forward and placed a small kiss on her forehead.

“I’m gonna make you the best omelet you’ve ever tasted,” his eyes were filled with excitement as he moved to get all the ingredients he needed.

“Niall,” she tried to hold back a laugh, “I just cleaned everything and you know you can’t cook.”

“Excuse me,” he had his hand to his chest, attempting to look offended, “I’ve been practicing. And I promise to clean everything up when I’m done.”

Lina was smiling now as she watched him gather everything from the fridge, cracking eggs into a bowl and chopping up vegetables. He hummed while he cooked, something Lina loved about him but would never tell him, because he had no idea that he did it.

Once he finished prepping and started cooking the food, Lina realized just how hungry she was. She put a hand to her stomach as it growled and Niall turned around and smiled before going back to his creation. He labored over the stove and she watched as the muscles of his back twisted and turned with his movements.

"Give me two more minutes," he said, grabbing a plate and putting the food on like he was some contestant from MasterChef. He ran around, wiping off excess food and pushing it around until it looked just how he wanted it.

"Breakfast is served," he announced with a smile, putting the plate down in front of her and handing her a knife and fork. Lina dug in, her hunger overtaking her, and devoured the entire thing. She looked over to see Niall watching her expectantly, his smile wide as ever.

"It was good!" Lina smiled back at him and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"I was going for the best," he tried to keep his smile but his eyes gave away the disappointment he was feeling. Lina got up and walked over to him, pulling him up from his seat. He instinctively wrapped his arms around her, and she did the same to him, resting her head on his shoulder. She pulled away a bit and looked up at him, a smile spreading across her face.

"Things don't have to be the best in the world. Just knowing they're done by you makes them the best to me."

He leaned down until his lips met hers, soft and sweet, a smile breaking out part way through.

"But you have to admit, it was pretty close to the best ever, right?"