Sequel: Crash Into Me
Status: Finished - Sequel Coming Soon

Safe Zone

Chapter Ten

{Katy’s Point of View}

It was becoming evening time, close to the sun setting. As I walked up to my front door, I looked down at my phone to see the time; 5:07pm.

Brett would be home soon, and even though I tried not to be here with him. It would be inevitable tonight, because I had to wash clothes.

A shower was the first thing on my mind, because even though I took a ‘shower’ at Matt’s it was probably more dirty than cleansing since we just went straight from the shower to the bed without actually bathing.

While I stripped my clothes, I heard the front door shut. Quickly I started the water and got in to avoid Brett. Usually, he would just do his own thing if I was here but I heard his steps as he came into the bathroom, “Katy?”

“Yeah?” Like who else would it be? I thought while rolling my eyes.

“Where were you last night?” He asked sounding like he was emptying his pockets onto the bathroom counter.

“I went out with Sharon and Kim last night to this little bar. Ended up passing out at Sharon’s,” I halfway lied. I watched out of the steamy shower as the dark covered Brett became light colored as if he was striping his clothes, “What did you do last night? Cheyenne come over?” I was purposely trying to be rude so he wouldn’t think it was okay to get into the shower with me.

But he didn’t say anything, he pushed the sliding shower door back to get in. His tall naked stature stepped in closer then began to grope every part of my chest and butt. Guilt was filling my conscience. He pushed me against the tile wall then grabbed my leg and raised it, letting himself in. We both moaned, him from the feeling, and I from the soreness from the night before. He was finished before I even knew it not caring whether or not I was.

“Thanks,” He mumbled in my ear and biting it. Then washed himself quickly then proceeded to get out. Quietly, I sat in there and let tears build up for a while until the hot water ran out. Did I really just let him do that without saying a word? Maybe I was trying to see if there was still a fire. Clearly there wasn’t…

_______________________________________


Brett sat on the couch opposite of me while we watched some documentary that he had been watching when I got out of the shower. My phone lit up from the coffee table, so I bent over and grabbed it seeing it was a text from Madz – Gym. Which was really Matt.

Busy? The text read.

“Who is it?” Brett asked pausing the DVR.

“This girl I made friends with at the gym. She’s keeping me motivated,” I lied.

“Oh cool,” Brett nodded then turned his show back on.

Absolutely not. Wouldn’t mind getting a rep in? I text back standing up and making my way to my bed room to get ‘workout’ clothes on.

Call me? Matt probably didn’t understand that I had already made up an alias for him in my phone and in my marriage.

“Hey, I’m going to meet Maddie at the gym. Then probably hang out at her house for a while and watch some Grey’s. You don’t have to wait up for me, because we have to catch up on our episodes. I’ll be back though because I have work in the morning,” I said quickly as I opened the door then shut it behind me. Not caring for his permission or input.

_____________________________________


I pulled up to the large gym and immediately got out of my car, and quickly got into the jacked up truck that I had parked next to a few seconds ago.

“Hey,” Matt had a large grin on his face as I climb into the truck.

“Hey handsome,” I smiled leaning over the center console and kissing him hard and passionate. He had on a cut off shirt and grey Hanes cotton sweat pants.

“My house?” He questioned reaching his hand over on top of my thigh squeezing it.

“Sure,” My body was on fire from the excitement of seeing Matt, “I have about three hours until I need to go back.”

Matt shook his head but smiled, “How’d you buy that much time?”

“Grey’s Anatomy. I needed to catch up after a workout with my gal-pal Maddie. I have never lied this much in my life,” I snorted watching Matt’s driving.

“So we may have to catch up on the show huh? In case you get quizzed?” Matt laughed pulling into the gated community. And making his way to his driveway.

“No, I’ll just read the summaries. Believe me, Brett doesn’t care. He probably called his girlfriend as soon as I left,” I laughed, it really was comical now, that I had found something else to occupy my heart with.

We pulled up to garage and made our way inside. Matt leading the way through the garage and the house. Once he set his things down he turned around facing me. He softly wrapped his arms around my waist, while I wrapped mine around his neck. Our lips pecked twice before it became a heavy lip-lock.

“If I left Val would you leave Brett?” he asked placing his chin on my shoulder and whispering in my ear.

“I would. But don’t do anything drastic until you know for sure,” I whispered back hugging his neck. There was no way I wanted any repeats of our teenage years. Of the back and forth parade between Val and I.

“I know. I just didn’t want to do it and you not leave Brett then I be left all alone,” He began to kiss my cheek, then picked me up holding my butt while I wrapped my legs around his waist.

“Definitely would leave him for this,” I grinned as I held on around Matt’s neck and he danced around the kitchen holding me.

He chuckled and I giggled, then I hummed a classical tune and he kept trying to dance us around the kitchen floor like we were beauty and the beast.

Just a little change; Small, to say the least; Both a little scared; Neither one prepared; Beauty and the beast…