Sequel: Crash Into Me
Status: Finished - Sequel Coming Soon

Safe Zone

Chapter Twenty-Four

{Matt’s Point of View}

Katy’s family members began to show up throughout the rest of the day. We tried to avoid them as much as we could, per Katy’s request. So, we spent a lot of time outside away from the others.

Now we sat out by the pool, Katy sat on the edge dangling her knee cap and down in the water, while I was fully in the water. My arms were folded and placed on her legs my chin rested on my arms. Katy kept rubbing her hands through my growing buzz cut.

“I wonder if my sister has shown up yet,” she stated breaking our silence, from taking in the scenery.

“Do we have to share a room when she does?” I asked, simply because that’s all I was worried about, honestly.

“Unfortunately,” She laughed as I dropped my hands around her waist. My hands now had a palm full of her butt.

“Well at least we can sleep together. On the tiny bed,” Compared to my king size bed, the tiny twin bed was like the tour bus lofts.

“Forced cuddling, my favorite.” She chuckled, slowly jumping back into the pool. I grabbed her as she came back up from under the water and wrapped her legs around my waist.

“You’re so beautiful,” Her eyes were darker than normal and her eyelashes were large and curled from the lack of make-up. I gently kissed her lips. I loved the way her full lips felt on mine.

“You are so handsome,” she scrunched her nose and rubbed it on mine as her arms went around my neck.

“Katheryn,” We heard from the back door. Slowly we pulled away from each other and Katy floated to the edge of the pool to get a better look at the woman calling for her.

“Hey!” She shouted, pushing herself over to the stairs then walking out. I examined her body in the black plain bikini. Laughing to myself as she stuck a finger on the outside lining of her bikini bottoms releasing the suction that the polyester had on her but cheek.

Katy began to talk to whatever family member was by the door. Every once a while I would look their way, then turn and play in the water. Katy turned to where I could see the front of her, my mind began to wonder as I glanced at her stomach and thought about how she was carrying my third child. She obviously wasn’t showing yet, but it was the fact that behind that flesh was a little bean forming to be our future.

_________________________________


“Oh no,” I heard before I felt pressure from the bed shift and feet hit the wood floors.

“Kate?” I asked my eyes still closed but I was sitting up. There was no reply but I could see the bedroom door open and then a light shine from across the hallway.

The sound of hurling, quickly, brought me to my feet. Thank God the bathroom was across the hall from the room. I walked into the bathroom to see Katy bent over the porcelain and her whole body contracting.

“Sorry,” She said in between.

“I should be the one apologizing. Here,” I motioned grabbing a rag from the shelve and wetting it then grabbing her hair and holding it, while placing the rag on her neck. I didn’t know if it helped, but I knew my mother always did it to me when I was sick.

Katy finally stopped and sat back against the wall on the floor across from the toilet, “That was awful. I haven’t actually thrown up, just usually get nauseated then it goes away.”

My body slid down the wall next to her, while chuckling. Her eyes were watery and she kept spitting into the trashcan next to her.

“You took it like a champ,” I winked patting her leg, playing with the pattern on her pajamas.

“I’m probably going to sleep right here,” She stated as she pushed her hair back and shut her eyes briefly.

“No, just bring that trash can with you.” I insisted, because if she was sleeping in here so was I and I didn’t want to sleep on a bathroom floor.

“Good idea. Can you get it and help me up?” She asked, holding her hands up for me to grab them after I grabbed the can.

“Come on pitiful,” I grinned as I followed her back to the bedroom. She waited for me to crawl into the bed so she could be on the outside. Once her body was fully laying down I wrapped my arm around her and pulled her in. She nuzzled her face into my chest and we both instantly fell back to sleep.

_________________________________


It was early morning, but I kept hearing my phone vibrate which woke me up. I reached over to the nightstand, making sure not to wake Katy after the night she had.

Four Missed Calls

I click the button to see who the calls were from and Brian’s name showed three times and once for Zack. At least it wasn’t Val. I thought to myself.

Slowly, I shifted off the bed from scooting down to the end. Once I made it off I turned around to see if I hadn’t woken Katy in the progress. Thankfully, I didn’t so I proceeded to put on my sweats and a non-cut-off shirt.

The stairs creaked as I made my way down the stairs and to the front door to talk to them without anyone hearing.

“Hello?” Brian answered, “Where have you been dude? I tried calling several times. Val says you’re in LA?”

To lie or not to lie, “Where you at?” I asked incase Michelle was with him or eavesdropping.

“I’m sitting with Zack at the house. Michelle went with Meaghan so we figured we would come bother you but come to find out you’ve left us for another band.” Brian joked, laughing on the other end.

“Just between you and I, I’m in Sacramento with Katy.” I confessed, “Not helping another band out. But obviously, I don’t want anyone to know that.” I looked at the ground kicking some of the rocks.

“Why not?” I heard from behind me, breaking me from what Brian started to say. He kept going on while I put my phone down by my side, looking around to see who said that, “You ashamed of my sister?”

“No, I-” I began but she held up her hand.

“Or is it because you’re still married and neither one knows about the other?” She spat folding her arms just like Katy but much more dramatic.

“Katy knows I’m still married. But Val doesn’t know I’m here,” I was being honest, because you had to watch Liz.

“Up to the same things you did in high school,” She huffed and nodded her head. Who did she think she was?

“Okay?” I furrowed my eyebrows, it was way too early to deal with Liz. Didn’t like her then and I’m sure I’m not going to like her now.

“We’ll just see if Katy knows about you being married still.” I scoffed, walking up to the house. I didn’t follow her because I wasn’t lying. But it dawned on me, that the rest of the family didn’t know, even though I didn’t tell them, so technically didn’t lie, it was more so embarrassing.
♠ ♠ ♠
It feels like it's been forever. But finally had some down time to get a chapter out!
thank you to the faithful!

Go check out my new story that i'm going to be writing!
It's a romantic Zacky fan-fic!

Much love!