Sequel: Crash Into Me
Status: Finished - Sequel Coming Soon

Safe Zone

Chapter Twenty-Six

{Matt’s Point of View}

“Goodnight kids,” Katy’s grandparents waved as they walked up stairs to their bedroom. I looked mischievous over at Katy as she rolled her eyes.

“Wanna go for a swim?” Katy winked standing up and grabbing my hand to lead me to the pool house.

“Most definitely,” I grinned catching up to her and wrapping my hand around her waist, kissing her neck.

It took us about five minutes to reach the pool house. My heart was beating fast, because Katy and I hadn’t been sexually intimate in a while.

As soon as we shut the door to the very dark pool house I began to remove Katy’s shirt and she did the same. My shorts were already on the floor as I reached behind me and locked the pool house door. Our lips stayed connected the whole time as we undressed each other.

She fell on the futon that was already folded out and I made my way between her legs. Katy let out a moan as I bit down her neck to her chest.

“I have been waiting for this,” She whispered in my ear, my blood rushed with pure ecstasy as I kept thrilling her body. My body craved hers. My blood kept building with anticipation with each thrust. The way her body twined with mine made me work harder and harder for her peak.

We kept it up for nearly an hour until we both collapsed next to each other, inhaling and exhaling like animals.

___________________________________


“I don’t want you to leave,” Katy pouted as I placed my bag in the back of my truck.

“I know, baby. But I need to,” I walked over to her with her arms crossed and wrapped her in a huge hug.

“Promise you’ll come back to me. That you won’t forget about me once you’re around Val,” she mumbled from my chest.

“There is no way I’m going to forget about you,” I smiled and kissed her forehead before kissing her lips passionately.

“Okay,” She pouted once more, “Bye.”

Kissing her cheek, I turned around and hopped into my truck, rolling down the window then shutting the door.

“Kate,” I smiled catching her attention. Whenever she looked up my mouth beat my brain to my vocal box and the words fell out, “I love you.”

Her eyes lit up and her mouth opened, “I love you too, Matty.”

Spontaneously, I winked and drove off. It felt good to hear her call me Matty. Especially since the last time she called me that we were just teenagers trying to figure out love.

______________________________________


The drive home was long and I was wanting to turn around back to Katy. My heart ached for her now, who knew after so many years we would pick right back up where we left off. My mind wondered what my life would be like if things would’ve played out differently. Where would we live? How many kids would we have ended up having? Would the tables be turned and would I be leaving Val’s home to return to Katy?

Our large Californian home was dark and there were two extra vehicles in the driveway. One I recognized and the other was foreign to my memory.

Maybe I could catch her in the act with Jeff? It would be a lot easier with the custody battle when I ask for a divorce.

As I walked past the red truck, I tried to look in it to see if there were any clues as to who owned it.

Quietly I opened the back door leading from the garage into the kitchen. Val, Jeff, and Haley sat at our breakfast table. Haley was Jeff’s sister that helped with some of our previous tours.

“Hey Matt,” Val quickly stood up walking over to me, “I wasn’t expecting you to come home tonight. I wouldn’t have invited Jeff and Haley over.”

“Yeah, figured I’d surprise you. What’s up man?” I reached out and firmly shook Jeff’s hand. Maybe if I would’ve showed up a couple hours later, I could have caught Val.

“Not much,” He nodded taking another sip of his dark colored bottle.

“Where’s my boys?” I asked looking over at Val after waving at Haley who wouldn’t look at me, besides small glances.

“They’re in bed already. They had a crazy day. My mom took them to the little children’s museum in Orange.” Val answered. I wanted to investigate her odd behavior, but my phone buzzed. Thankfully, it wasn’t Katy because I didn’t change her number yet. It was a text from Brian; you up?

Val looked over my phone briefly, “Who’s that?”

“It’s Brian. I’m going to go call him. I’ll probably hit the sheets. I’m exhausted. Goodnight you guys,” I waved walking into the living room and dialing Brian’s number.

“Sup man?” I greeted.

“Dude, you’re in a messy situation.” My heart felt like it stopped beating as Brian held out the ‘dude’.

“Why?” I knew Brian knew, but he was the only one who knew.

“Liz called Michelle. Told her that you were down in Santa Monica at their grandparents. Michelle is on her way over to your house right now to tell Val.” It wasn’t as big as I thought it was going to be. I wasn’t ready to drop the pregnancy bomb on Val.

“I’m at home, I actually just got back. Think I could pass Liz off as nuts?” I asked pushing my hands through my hair.

“So you were in Santa Monica? Shads, you sly dog. Can you just pick who you want to be with?” Brian chuckled. I was thankful for him after all these years, “Liz has always been a nut job. Pass her off as crazy and choose who you want to be with. We have an album to produce.”

“Alright. I’ll try. Thanks for the heads up,” I laughed then ended the call. I wasn’t worried, Val had known Liz was a psycho.

Quickly I put stuff away and added some paper work into my bag that I had stashed in my drawer from the last time I went to an actual studio session in LA. My non-cleaning habits came in handy sometimes. The shower ran hot as I quickly got in it to wash off Katy.

The thirty-minute refresh gave me enough time to think of every possible question and answer. Val walked in with Michelle as I laid on the bed with my shirt off but my legs covered in my plaid pajama pants.

“We need to talk,” Val’s face was red and Michelle stood in the door frame with her arms crossed, “and I want the truth.”

“Alright. About what?” I played dumb sitting up.

“This,” Michelle gave Val her phone. A video began to play of Katy and I. The video had Katy walking up to me spanking me, then I run after her, grabbing her from behind and nuzzling my face in the nape of her neck. I end up turning her around and passionately kiss her. It goes on but it just shows us walking away.

There was absolutely no way I could get out of a video…
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm trying to figure out how this story is going to end.
The only definite I know is that it will only go to thirty chapters, with a possible sequel in the future.

Love would be appreciated.
Thank you to the faithfuls <3