Sequel: Crash Into Me
Status: Finished - Sequel Coming Soon

Safe Zone

Chapter Three

{Matt’s Point of View}

Thoughts kept invading my mind, attacking every normal thought that I was having. All I could think about was trying to solve what was wrong with Katy. Sure it wasn’t any of my business, but what if it was life threatening? What if Brett beat her? Or she had a terminal illness? Or a human slave? Stop it, Matt.

A part of me wished she never came back around. There was nothing special about the way she looked, she was just a normal woman. But then the other part of me knew her, past the looks, I had experienced firsthand that she would do anything to make sure others were happy, and that’s truly extraordinary.

Honestly, I think that’s why it was so hard to just let it go.

___________________________


“Val, have you seen my gym shorts?” She always seemed to know where things were even if I’ve already looked in that same place a hundred times.

“They’re in the dryer,” Val never looked up from her book.

“Thanks, babe. I’ll see you later,” I walked over and gave her a kiss on the cheek, trying not to interrupt her anymore.

“Can you peek on the boys as your leave?” She asked setting her book down this time, “Pretty please?” She stuck out her lip. The boys had just gone down for a nap about fifteen minutes ago, so I figured they were still knocked out.

“Fine,” I smiled and grabbed my gym bag, “I love you, see you later.” She blew me a kiss and said her goodbyes.

___________________________


My ear phones were rattling in my ears with Pandora helping me release my thoughts on the weights. Once I finished my final reps for the weight bench, I decided to go run on the tread mill for a couple minutes so I could really feel accomplished.

While walking towards the cardio section I saw a girl doing some burpees, sure her form wasn’t perfect but at least she was doing them. I was about to turn towards one of the machines as she stopped but I noticed the small heart shape on the back side of her waist line, as she placed her hands on her hips making her shirt come up about an inch. No way…

___________________________


“What about a heart? That’s pretty feminine?” I asked looking at the terrified Katy. She had lost a bet and now was reaping what she had sewn.

“A tiny heart,” She motioned, showing me on her fingers how big she would allow her first tattoo to be.

“Big enough to put an M in the middle of it,” I winked.

“No, just a simple heart. Red. Nothing special.”


___________________________


“I can’t believe you still have that thing?” I laughed loudly kind of keeping my distance. But she never turned around, so I assumed she had her earphones in, so I walked over to where she was standing and would be able to see me.

“Hey!” She exclaimed breathing heavy and taking out her earphones. Did I know her or what? “What’s up?”

“Nothing much, was going to do some cardio but notice the small heart while you were working out.”

“Oh so you like staring at girl’s butts when you go to the gym?” She had her eyebrow cocked with a grin, and her hands still on her hips.

“No you’re the first,” She wasn’t looking at my face anymore, after I copied her stance. I noticed her eyes gazing from my arms to my face. Like she was trying not to get caught, “You come here to check out the dude’s muscles?”

“No you’re the first,” She rolled her eyes and looked down, some of her dark hair fallen in front of her face. I always thought she was more beautiful when candid. My eyes drifted across her body, and my mind started running with ideas of her body and mine.

Then immediately my conscience started to reprimanded my heart, and it looked like Katy’s did too.

“Well I’m going to head out. Brett is probably waiting for me at home,” She sighed, quickly grabbing her things.

“Yeah, same.” Idiot.

___________________________


We were hidden in the back of the school stage. There was a dance going on, and we didn’t come there together. But I couldn’t help that she looked so gorgeously seductive tonight. And maybe the fight that we were in fifteen minutes ago, played a part in it.

My hands were all over her. Caressing her butt to her neck. There was so much pent up sexual tension that I couldn’t wait to go anywhere else. So I slipped my hand up her dress, after unzipping my pants and held on to her thigh…


“Katy,” I moaned, waking myself up. Quickly, I opened my eyes and looked to see if I had woken Val up, once I realized what I did. Thankfully, I didn’t.

The clock next to our bed read 7:13 AM.

Surely, I could go work out without running into Katy this early and I could be back before the boys got up. So slowly I made my way out of bed and headed back to the gym, after getting dressed.

___________________________


My plan was so far a success, especially since there wasn’t a lot of people anyways. I was almost done, when Katy came out of the bathrooms with her hair drenched, as if she just took a shower.

I wasn’t going to start a conversation with her but she saw me staring. It’s kind of inevitable after eye contact.

“Man, I come here before my shift and I still run into you. Are you stalking me?” She grinned, sitting down on the machine next to the one I was using.

“I literally tried to do the same thing,” It’s funny how we thought alike. She had on her scrubs, and was finishing drying her hair.

“Why do we keep trying to avoid each other?” She chuckled doing something to her hair with her hands behind her head.

“I don’t know. Maybe we should just go grab some food and catch up,” I offered, because obviously some higher power wanted us to talk.

“Well I get lunch today 11:00 to 12:00. Can you meet me somewhere by the hospital?” She asked standing up.

“Sure, I need your number.” It was awkward getting another woman’s number. But Val would see it as us just being friends, like it’s going to be.

Katy handed me her phone, “Just call your phone and I’ll save it.”

Quickly I dialed my number and waited for my phone to ring, “Alright we’re good. I guess I’ll see you around 11:00 then.”

Katy waved then walked away, and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t watch her…