Sequel: Crash Into Me
Status: Finished - Sequel Coming Soon

Safe Zone

Chapter Six

{Katy’s Point of View}

There were hormones of pure euphoria releasing throughout my whole body, Matt was pleasing every need that I desired. It was crazy even after sixteen years he knew every one of my soft spots.

My neck was one of them, so he kept his head pretty much buried there unless he was making out with me or behind me.

He carried me from the couch to on the island of my kitchen, knifes and utensils thrown on the ground as he swiped them off the counter.

It was definitely a different type of love making considering that this was the first time in two months that I had even been with a guy.

“I can’t stop, you’re just so beautiful,” Matt breathed in my ear then going right back at kissing my neck and thrusting. We had tried every position in the last fifteen minutes but missionary was his favorite. And I definitely wasn’t going to protest.

“Then don’t,” I grinned and grabbing the back of his neck and running my hands through his hair.

“Your body is so,” He grunted, “mature.” He had one hand holding him up and then the other placed on my hip helping him thrust everything he had to give. Thank God that Brett had extra condoms in the drawer.

Matt finished then fell next to me, pulling the covers up to our chest. We were both quiet for a moment, our breathing finally slowing down by ever second.

“What does this mean?” I asked staring at the ceiling.

“We’re both married. We shouldn’t have done this,” It hurt so bad to hear because it was true, “But I don’t regret it.” He chuckled then sat himself up on the side of the bed.

“Honestly, me either.” I sighed and reached for my shirt on the side of the bed, but Matt quickly jumped back on the bed with a grin and straddled me. It felt like we were teenagers again. Even though Matt looked older and fuller he still had the same soft eyes and bright smile that melted my heart.

_____________________________


Matt had left over two hours ago, so I sat here going through the pictures he had left. Val had called him once but he just told her that we were just laughing over old times and Jimmy. Even after Jimmy had passed away he was still covering for us.

There were tons of pictures, but my favorite was one of Jimmy and Matt with me in the middle of them, their height clear above my teenage self. Jimmy had his hands straight in the air, and Matt had his hand around my waist. He was really pulling me away because my lips were planted on Jimmy’s cheek. My intentions were to make Matt as jealous as I could that night.

The door handle to my front door began to jiggle and it frightened me. But I heard the key and the deadbolt unlock, telling me it was Brett.

“Hey,” I greeted, “What are you doing home? I thought you didn’t get back home until tomorrow?”

“Yeah, I’m still on duty. Just wanted to come home and see you. I just felt bad,” This was very unusual. Brett sat down on the couch with me. The same spot Matt was sitting two hours ago.

“Oh okay,” I replied, I’m sure it wasn’t what he wanted. But I felt guilty, “Are you hungry?” It shouldn’t be this awkward between a husband and wife.

“No. Whose truck was over here earlier?” Brett asked staring at me intently, “I drove by earlier and it was here for a couple hours.”

“Matt Sanders, he brought these pictures over and we just reminisced about old times when we were younger. I mean I figured you wouldn’t mind anyways,” I motioned looking him straight back in his eyes. There were no double standards here.

“We need to figure something out,” he sighed looking down and rubbing his temples, “I can’t live like this. We can’t live like this. It’s unhealthy. We need to mend our marriage somehow or move on.” This had never come up in the last three years when we started having problems.

“Well, what do you want to do? I mean you have two options. You’ve played both of the games,” I lied, because not even three hours ago another man occupied the space between my legs.

“I want you. I saw that truck today and everything imaginable came across my mind. I wanted to come in and bust the house up. You’ve been so faithful as I ran around and did whatever I wanted. I love you, Katy. I’m sorry for hurting you so much.” Tears started falling from my eyes, for what seemed like the hundredth time today. But I wasn’t crying because Brett was finally breaking down. No, I was crying because my heart was far from over with Brett.

“I love you too Brett,” But I had to make my marriage work, because I knew from experience that Matt wasn’t going to leave Val. And I didn’t want to be alone.

Brett leaned over and grabbed my hand, “I will try my best to be the husband you deserve.” Brett leaned in and kissed me. There was no passion it was dry. And all I could think about was Matt.

_____________________________


The digital clock next to my bed read 11:07PM, it wasn’t super late but it was late enough to be lying in bed.

Everything was running through my head. Brett and his newly found commitment. Was it only out of jealousy? Would he be back to his old ways when we get into our next fight? Then Matt. What was today? We hadn’t talked since he left ten minutes after our sex-capade.

There was one thing I needed to know. What was today? Because my heart was leading me towards Matt. But if I could just realize it was a mistake then I’d move on.