Sequel: Crash Into Me
Status: Finished - Sequel Coming Soon

Safe Zone

Chapter Eight

{Katy’s Point of View}

It had been about a week that Matt and I had talked. Brett never kept his word, that’s why I was on my way out to a club with my friends from work.

Not even three days later Cheyenne’s car was sitting in our driveway again. Since then Brett and I hadn’t said a word. I barely even went home, only when I knew Brett was working just to grab clothes to go take a shower at the hospital and sleep in an unoccupied room.

It was pretty depressing. Confrontation wasn’t my strong point, so I just dealt with it. Everything would unfold eventually.

Anyways, tonight was going to be my night. I was going to move on, figuratively speaking. Get so drunk that I didn’t remember anything…

___________________________________


“Katy!” My friend, Sharon, screamed laughing with her hands raised in the air as a guy did a shot off of her body.

I was on my fifth shot, and I kept declining every male that made his way towards me, for some stupid reason. Which was probably best for the both of us.

“You know I’ve watched you turn down at least six guys,” A raspy voice said in my ear from behind me. Quickly, I turned around Matt standing behind me with an elbow placed on the bar holding him up.

“Oh my gosh,” My drunk alter-ego came out wrapping my arms around his neck, making him stand up and support my dead weight, “I’m so happy to see you.”

“Me too, Kate. Where’s Brett?” He laughed standing me back up and looking around and behind me.

“With his girlfriend. I just came here to forget,” I laughed out loud, but my inner being wept.

“Sorry,” He shook his head, looking down.

“Not your fault. Where’s Val?” I asked not looking anywhere but his face, even though it was hard to focus.

“In Houston for the week. It’s for a casting call,” he explained while taking a sip of his beer.

“Who has your kids?” I questioned, probably in more of their business than I should be.

“Brian and Michelle took them to an amusement park for the week. It’s like a water park and geared for kids,” He explained once again.

“Cool,” I motioned looking at my drink then looking anywhere but Matt’s face, as I remembered that Matt basically pushed me away a week ago.

“Are you here with them?” Matt asked as he motioned to the three ladies getting really friendly with a group of guys.

“Sadly,” I chuckled, then turned myself ninety-degrees to be facing the bar. Matt caressed the top of my arm, giving me goosebumps from his warm hands on my cold skin.

“Can we talk?” He seemed sincere, so I nodded and he began leading me to the stairs where only VIP could get in. Of course the bouncers allowed us in.

He kept weaving in and out of the crowd until we were on the outside balcony overlooking the skyline.

“Did you come out here to kill me?” I drunkenly joked. Trying to ease the tension, I’m sure.

“No, I came out here to apologize.” He sighed, turning me to face him. Matt stepped in a little closer to me, “Mostly all my life I pushed you away. And I shouldn’t have. This last time I tried to focus on Val like I used to, to forget you. But I couldn’t. You over powered Val this time. Everything I did, I pictured you. I’m just a wreck now.” Even though it was sad and chaotic, there was warmness in my heart.

“I understand though,” I started, “Val and you have a family. And the last thing I would want to do is tear that apart.”

Thank God I was sobering up, so I could remember this.

Matt leaned in kissed my lips, but I pulled away. He looked at me with sadness in his eyes, and it pained me but I had to have my best interest. I had been hurt too much lately and I didn’t want to re-open a wound.

“Matt, I can’t afford emotionally to get hurt again.”

“Then I won’t hurt you anymore,” Matt stated as he placed his hand through my hair and pulled my face towards his then his hand laid on my hip pulling it to his hips. His lips beginning a rhythm on my lips. It was passionate and romantic so I went along with it.

____________________________________


Matt carried me into his house, bridal style. The two seconds that I stood there Matt had stripped his jacket and then began immediately adventuring to my body. He quickly found the zipper of the tight black dress that helped hold it all in. There were no words between us just moans and grunts of satisfaction.

My hands ran up his ripped body, eventually ridding him of his shirt. Then unbuckling his pants. Matt picked me up after I had let his pants fall to the ground and positioned me on him. It was ten minutes of pure bliss. It didn’t even bother me that we were in the darkness by the front door, because we were so wrapped up in the pleasure.

Matt leaned me up on the door and started to breath heavier and heavier, “No!” He growled as he held my body close, like something wasn’t letting him go. It scared me but he finally let me go and rested his head on my chest as I stayed propped up between him and the door; my legs still wrapped around his frame, “I came.”

My heart raced, we didn’t use protection! But then my thoughts came back to, “I haven’t been able to get pregnant in the last sixteen years, so don’t worry.”

Matt sighed and began to kiss my bare chest and shoulders. It was the love and attention I had been craving, “I could totally go again.” He laughed thrusting into my body as I let out a moan.

“Please do,” I whispered, kissing his shoulder then his neck. Then Matt began to carry me to our next spot…