Status: Completed

My Light in the Dark

Part Two of Two

I eagerly drove up to the drive way I memorised the address to a year ago. I got out of my car, memories flooding back, giving me nostalgia. Going up to the steps, I looked around the area.

I knocked on the door, eager for someone to open it.

A young boy opened the door, probably 11.

"Hello, can you get your mum for me?" I asked politely. The boy nodded and ran off, and soon after, a young, blonde woman was at the door.

"How may I help you?" She asked.

"Um... Is there anybody by the last name of Sykes living here?" I asked. She looked confused, and shook her head. "Oh, well. I'm sorry to bother you, then. Have a nice day." She gave me a 'you too', and I went back to my car.

I drove around for a bit, hoping to catch a familiar looking person. I was stopped at a light when I glanced over, seeing an awfully familiar brunet hair at a shop. I quickly went and parked, and went into the cafe.

"Tom?" I asked hesitantly. The man looked at me, confused. "Tom Sykes? I dated Oliver, remember? I'm Joshua Franceschi," I tried again, hoping to jog his memory.

"Josh? Really? You look so much different!" Tom said, standing and giving me a hug. I hugged back, then pulled away.

"Yeah, look who's talking," I teased. He laughed, and I laughed with him.

"So, I'm guessing you want to know where Oli is?" He asked. I nodded a lot, and blushed when he laughed at me.

"Here, here's his number. I know he's not busy right now, just chillin' with Vegan, Matt, and Lee. Here's his address and my number," He listed off. I copied down the numbers and address into my phone.

"Thank you so much, Tom. I don't know what I would've done without you."

"Drove yourself insane looking for Oli?"

"Probably."

"Get going. Oli's been dying for you, too. He still loves you." Tom hurried. I nodded in thanks again, then left, heading to that address.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got out of the car, taking a deep breath to calm the nerves in my stomach. I walked up the steps, and knocked on the door.

A man, who I instantly recognised as Oliver, opened the door. Shock crossed his face.

"J-Josh?" He stuttered. I saw him glance down at the heart necklace to be sure.

"It's me," I replied, my voice quieter than normal, waiting on his answer.

"Josh!" Oliver cried happily, pulling me into a tight hug. I hugged back just as tight, my hands immediately going up to feel through his hair that I haven't felt in a year.

"I missed you so fucking much," I said into his shoulder, trying to hold back my tears.

"I missed you too, fuck, Josh. Fuck, I missed you," He mumbled into my neck, where he had his face. I let some tears leak onto his shoulder. I tried not to break down, also.

Oliver pulled his face from my neck and slid his hands up my body, resting on my jaw softly as he brushed away my tears with his thumbs.

"Oliver," I whispered, resting a hand on his when he put it on my cheek.

Oliver kissed me, slow and loving, pulling me a lot closer with his one arm wrapped around my body. I kissed back, almost desperately.

"I love you," I gasped when we finally pulled away. He rested his forehead on mine, and I closed my eyes in content.

"I love you, too." He pulled away, and took my hand. He led me inside. Vegan, Matt, and Lee all greeted me with bright smiles and hugs. I greeted them back, of course.

"We're gonna go, give you two some privacy," Vegan said.

"Thanks, mates," Oliver thanked. I watched them all leave. Oliver sat on the couch and pulled me into his lap. We molded together close and perfect. He nuzzled in my neck again, and I rested my cheek on his head gently.

"We're never getting separated for a year again, love. It hurt too much. Okay?" Oliver said.

"Okay," I agreed without hesitation. I didn't want to be away from him for a year ever again.

"I love you, Joshua Franceschi."

"I love you, too, Oliver Sykes."