The Lies We've Told...

Chapter Five

+ + + + + + + + + + + +

*Alexs POV*

Steverny emerged from her car looking even better than I remembered, not that she had changed, other than she had a large bump, which I had caused, where her previously flat stomach was. I was determined to talk to her, and hopefully find out why she didn't want me to know. She walked up to Jack and Victoria and started talking to them, she glanced at me and gave me a small smile, I took this as my chance to go talk to her. I walked over to where they were standing and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hey Alex," She smiled warmly at me.

"Hey Steve, can I talk to you real quick, privately," I asked, after receiving a head nod in response I led her to the side of the venue, away from everyone else.

"So, what'd you wanna talk about?" She asked me smiling.

"How've you been holding up?" I asked motioning to her round stomach.

"We've been pretty good," She said placing her hands on her belly, her smile never leaving her face.

"That’s good," I said before looking away, squinting my eyes are the sun that was beaming down, causing Steverny to look even better than she already did, while I debated to myself whether or not to let her know I knew it was my child. I decided it would be best to tell her I knew, "I know it's my kid," I blurted out without a second guess.

"Why didn't you tell me you know?" She asked her smile dropping.

"I wanted to hear it from you," I shrugged rubbing my neck.

"You weren't supposed to know, period!" She said, her voice becoming gradually louder with every word.

"Well, why not? We could make this work, together!" I replied frustrated she was being so close-minded about this situation.

"Alex! You're too immature and drinking all the time! I don't want any child of mine being exposed to that kind of behavior! We tried being together before it didn't work! I don't want me carrying your child being the only reason we would be together! I ran for a reason; don’t think because you helped make this child means you have to be its father," She yelled before stomping off to leave me to think about what she said.

The kid wasn't the only reason I wanted to be with the girl was in love with. She was too thick headed to think I could possibly change my ways. I know I had been immature about our relation ship before, but maybe, just maybe, I was ready to take her, and the baby, on.
♠ ♠ ♠
I loved all of your comment soo much that, Imma hold a contest for the next few chapters. Whoever gives me the best, funniest, comment gets to read the new chapter before everyone else!

And tell your friends about this story, The more comment and subscribers I get, the faster I'll update! xD