Status: Koli

Part of Me

Chapter 16

Kellin's POV

Vic subconsciously drew circles onto my stomach with his finger tips making my not so little bean react and kick me hard every single time.

Although it warmed my heart that Vic was so accepting and showed so much affection and love towards me and the baby, it wasn't exactly sunshine and rainbows when I was trying to nap and my baby was kicking me in the gut every five seconds.

I let out a loud grunt and rolled over so I was on my back keeping my head still in Vic's lap as I tiredly opened my eyes and glared up at him.

"Can't sleep?" he smiles before leaning down and pecking me on the lips.

"The little ass kicker is living up to their name." I grumbled making Vic chuckle.

"They seem very active this afternoon." Vic rubs his hand over the top of my bump making my baby follow his movement and kick really hard in response making me groan in pain.

"It doesn't help when you keep encouraging them to kick back at you." I snap at him in annoyance. I was more than six months pregnant and I was uncomfortable most of the time.

"Sorry," he blushes moving his hand away, "I can't help it, I like feeling them." He admits shyly.

Okay, I would be lying if I didn't admit that didn't warm my heart. He could be so irresistibly cute sometimes and knew all the right things to make me feel loved and wanted.

I wasn't quite sure what Vic and I were. I mean, we had definitely passed the best friends status ever since he kissed me when we felt the baby kick for the first time. We haven't made anything official yet, but we were certainly more than friends now. We would kiss often and he would cuddle me whenever the opportunity arises and he always showered me in any sort of affection that he could.

I never thought I'd see Vic anymore than just my best friend but he's been really great lately. I've felt things for him these past few weeks which I never thought was even possible to feel towards him. It was bizarre but in a good way. He makes me happy and he accepts the baby and I couldn't ask for anything more. He was my rock, my knight in shining armour.

I glance down at my bump and realised I've been wearing the same shirt for the last three days. Vic's shirt I may add, seeing as not many of mine fit me anymore. I needed new clothes, I actually needed to go back to my place and pick up the rest of my stuff that I left behind.

I knew Vic wouldn't be happy about it and would rather take me shopping and buy me a whole load of new clothes but I knew this had to be done. It wasn't just clothes, it was my personal belongings that I needed to collect before Oliver would decide to get rid of them for me.

Fear always struck me whenever I thought about going back to the house because I didn't want to bump into Oliver whilst I was there. But he was most likely out getting drunk or getting high god knows where and wouldn't even notice if I took my stuff.

With a lot of convincing Vic finally gave in and drove us back to my house to collect the rest of my things. I was dead nervous as we approach the house but my nerves calmed a little when I saw Oli's motor bike wasn't parked on the drive indicating that he wasn't home.

Vic and I entered the empty house and walked straight up the stairs to my old bedroom, ready to get this over and done with.

A strange unwelcoming feeling of yearning washed over me as I entered the room I used to call mine. It still smelt the same as I remember and my eyes search the familiar surroundings as many happy and sad memories replayed over in my head of the times I spent in this room. It was sad that we had to go our separate ways after we spent so many good and bad times together. I was still so heartbroken.

I glance over at the unmade bed and a hint of sadness suddenly overcomes me as I stared longing at the bed I once shared. This was where I was my most vulnerable to the man I thought who loved me. I let him take down my walls and I gave myself to him in a way no other has had me before. I gave him a part of me, the one that only he could see, but it didn't mean anything to him. He betrayed it in the worse possible way imaginable.

I was so easily replaced just by a blink of an eye and that feeling was unbearable. Now someone else was lying on my side of the bed and having the man I still shamefully love have the same intimacy with him in the same way he once had with me. It was heartbreaking and sickening at the same time, it had my eyes water in disgust and misery.

"Don't look." Vic says tugging on my arm.

I let out a shaky breath as I turned to face Vic, who was looking at me with eyes deep with concern. He must have sense my sudden change of mood and thought it was best to distract me.

He nodded towards the drawers and wardrobe on the other side of the room and I silently nod in response.

I blink back the tears quickly when he finally turned his back to me and went over to the set of drawers to look for my stuff.

I opened a drawer and frowned when I saw a bunch of clothing which wasn't mine. They were obviously Josh's, he was taking over everything which once belonged to me and it bothered me more than I should have let it. I looked at the clothes in repulsion and pushed them aside as I rummage through in search of my own. I eventually found mine stuffed at the very back of every drawer I opened.

When Vic and I finished packing up most of my things in the bedroom, we stepped out onto the landing about to make our way to collect the rest of my things in the bathroom until we hear the front door downstairs open.

We freeze in our tracks and I'm instantly filled with anxiety. The thought of being in the same room as Oli again had me full of absolute dread and I wanted out of here at once. Though, I had Vic as my protection and I had no doubt that he wouldn't let any danger come to me, I still wasn't ready to come face to face with the monster who purposely tried to kill my baby.

My anxiety quickly upped and left my body when I'm met with two familiar voices. It wasn't the voice I feared and expected, but it was voices which had my blood boiling in anger. My so call friends.

I headed towards the stairs, swiftly passing Vic on the way but he's quick to stop me.

"Kellin, don't." Vic warns, obviously noticing my change of mood from sad to livid.

"It's still my house, Vic. I have every right to be here." I snap and stomp my way down the stairs making sure I was well heard.

Vic followed close behind me making sure I didn't trip or was left on my own.

Two heads whip around towards the staircase and just as I suspected, the voices belonged to Josh and Jordan. Their eyes widen in shock when they're gaze meet with my angry ones.

"Kellin, what are you doing here?" Josh gasps in shock.

His eyes almost bugled out of his eye sockets when he glances down at my very pregnant stomach. He steps back in fear, startled at my unexpected aggressiveness. I hadn't seen him or any of our friends other than Jaime since I left the hospital when all the drama happened. I bet they all just thought I lost the baby and witnessing my big six and half month belly was a big shock for them.

"Funny, last I checked this was still my house. So the question really is what the fuck are you doing here?"

"I-I live here now." He stutters timidly making me scoff in response.

Of course he lived here. Oliver couldn't go a single night being alone in an empty bed, so when I was no longer in the picture, there's no surprise really that Josh was quick to fill my place.

I glared at Josh hatefully. I tried so hard to like him, to forget all the times he screwed me over in the past but now it all just seems irrelevant. All he ever did was pretend to be my friend whilst the whole time he was sleeping with my boyfriend behind my back.

Hurt and jealously brewed angrily inside of me the longer I stood in front of him until the point something just snapped. I didn't hesitate when I lashed out and slapped Josh across the face, earning loud gasps come from both Jordan and Vic. I didn't care though, I should have done it years ago when I first found out he slept with Oliver.

Josh looked back at me mortified with his hand covering his now reddening cheek. He had some nerve looking at me with fake innocence like that, he deserved everything he got.

"You are not and never have been my friend." I seethe through gritted teeth.

Despite being in the same circle of friends, the day I first found out about him and Oliver was the day I saw him as my enemy. He was never my friend after that. Friends don't do that to each other. He was a too faced lying cheat and I wash my hands of him completely.

I feel Vic touch my wrist from behind trying to lure me away from Josh but I wasn't in the mood to co operate. I needed to get this off my chest once and for all.

"Come on Kells, lets go, we got what we came for-"

"No, I'm not finished yet!" I snatch my hand out of Vic's grasp and glare back at the life ruiner.

"You're a too faced lying cheat!" I snapped making Josh flinch at my harsh words.

"Kellin, listen-"

"No, you listen!" I interfered "For years all you did was wreck my relationship with Oliver. What did I ever do to you, huh? I was always so nice to you and you always were so cruel to me in return. What did I do to make you hate me so much that you thought it was okay to continuously cheat with my boyfriend and lie to my face every day?" I choke becoming emotional as I brought up the past.

The fake innocence of the one who was playing victim quickly disappeared and snapped back at me, showing his true colours.

"Because five years ago I watch you take the boy I love away from me!" he starts making my face fall a little.

"I was cast aside as if I was nothing but a dirty one night stand to him and I was forced to watch him fuss over you endlessly as if you were the most precious creature to ever walk the earth!" he yelled.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He was unbelievable.

"I- I thought if he kept sleeping with me then he would finally realise that I was the one he wanted, not you. But for some reason he kept going back to you and I had to keep trying to win him back every damn time." He stresses running his hands through his hair.

It was a pitiable excuse as to why he made my relationship such a train wreck. I will never forgive him for it, not ever. Josh even encouraged Oli's drinking and drug addiction and I can't help but think if Josh wasn't in the picture would Oli be so far deep in the poison as he is now?

This thing they had going on between them now, relationship if that's what they wanna call it. It wouldn't last long. Oliver has commitment issues and Josh simply couldn't give Oli what he needs which is stability. They're both unstable and it won't be long before it all comes crashing down and I won't be around to say I told you so because I'll have more important things to be dealing with.

"You're the lowest type there is, Josh." I hiss with a taste of disgust on my tongue.

"I'm sorry to break it to you, Quinn, but we're meant to be. He loves me and you just have to except that and move on." he says in exasperation making me scoff.

"Oliver doesn't love anybody. He's not capable of loving a human being. The only thing he loves is the drugs and the alcohol and you're delusional if you can't see that."

Vic and Jordan hung back as they stood and listen to Josh and I go at each others throats over Oliver. It was pathetic really, Oliver didn't deserve either of us to be honest but I wasn't going to admit that out loud. I just needed to take all my rage out on Josh.

I had enough of all this. I was sick and tired of listening to Josh go on as if he's won grand prize when in reality he stole it from me in the first place.

"I hope he takes your filthy heart and then throws you away someday!" I spat shoving Josh's chest harshly making him fall back into Jordan.

Jordan catches Josh with caution which confuses me a little before he pushes Josh behind him so he could stand up to me on his behalf instead.

"Right, that's enough Kellin." Jordan demands making me quirk up an eyebrow.

"I should have known you'd take his side Jordan! You're just another fake friend who just pretended not to know what he got up to behind my back!" I accuse pointing at the slut behind him.

"Say what you want Quinn, but keep you're hands to yourself, got it?"

"I'm sure the slut can fend for himself, he's not exactly a fragile flower that needs to have his own body guard."

"Actually,"

"Zip it!" Vic cuts in silencing Jordan which startles me.

I turn to face Vic seeing him already giving them a warning glare which makes me think there might be something more going on here... By Vic's stern facial expression it made me believe there was and it made me really paranoid.

"He's going to find out sooner or later Vic." Jordan enlightens making that sentence spark up my anxiety.

"Find out what?" I ask feeling small and confused.

"No, shut up!" Vic growls when Josh opens his mouth to speak, but quickly closes it again to rethink.

"Jordan's right Vic, we should just tell him now."

I stood in the middle of all three of them as they bickered back and forth to each other. Something was wrong. They were hiding something from me and witnessing Vic all annoyed and bothered like this only made me wary and uneasy.

"What the hell is going on?" I raise my voice to grab their attention and all three heads turned to me.

I didn't like this at all. I wanted to know what they all knew but at the same time I was too frighten.

"We're leaving, that's what." Vic took my hand and started tugging me towards the direction of the front door and away from Josh and Jordan.

"Vic, wait, tell me what they're going on about." I insisted but Vic was being beyond stubborn and said nothing.

Just as we reached the front door about to leave, Josh spoke up, revealing something which had my entire world crashing down on me.

"I'm pregnant." He speaks up making me come to a complete halt in my tracks.

I stood frozen as a gasp of shock left my lips, actually feeling the air leave my lungs and my heart dropping down to the very pit of my stomach.

The room fell dead silent. Immediately the room was filled with an extremely tense atmosphere between all four of us. No one dared spoke up for a good few minutes, most likely wary of how I was going to react to this information. But to me the silence felt like an eternally and no words came to my lips to speak.

"It's Oliver's." a shaky whisper broke through the silence.

I frown, feeling myself blink several times to snap my mind out of shock. Did I really just hear that? I try swallowing down the lump in my throat which had formed before slowly spinning around on my heel to face them again.

Josh steps out from behind Jordan and stares at me with an uneasy glance. He lets out a sigh before explaining himself.

"I'm having Oliver's baby too." he confesses making my eyes grow even wider.

I felt like I had a knife straight to the chest. The piercing blade twisting in further to make sure it touches every inch of my sorrowful heart.

I was choking up but my body didn't seem to want to function to what it was receiving. This can't be true, this just can't be. It must be another one of Josh's mean tricks just to get back at me. He was always pulling stunts like this and this time it was just uncalled for.

I feel hot tears prick at the corners of my eyes, threatening to fall but I managed to hold them back.

"Y-you're lying!" I raised my voice in distraught.

Josh shakes his head as he sighs. "I'm not. I've just come back from my scan actually, here, have a look at the ultra sound if you don't believe me."

He reaches into his back pocket and shoves a picture into my hands and forces me to look at it. With blurry tearful eyes, right there in black and white was an ultra sound scan just like many of my own but this one had today's date on it and the name Franceschi printed on the top. My heart dropped making my insides cave in on themselves. It was true, he was pregnant too.

My hand shoots up to my mouth in shock when I realised everything Josh had confessed to was indeed, true. This baby was real and the evidence was in the palm of my hands.

I whip my head round to Vic in desperation and with eyes full of tears hoping for him to tell me it wasn't true, but his face had guilt written all over it. He knew. Oh my god he knew. Suddenly it felt like I couldn't breathe.

"Y-you knew?" I stutter and he gives me an apologetic glance.

"Kellin, I wanted to tell y-"

"All this time and you didn't tell me?" my voice came out strained and weak revealing my vulnerability.

"I was trying to protect you!" he argues coming towards me.

"By lying to me."

"No, Kellin." He shakes his head and reaches out for me but I step back from his grasp.

I felt so betrayed by him. He was the only one I thought I could trust in all this but little did I know that all this time he knew about Josh's dirty little secret and chose not to tell me.

"You knew how I felt about him, V-Vic," I hiccup through sobs, "And you said nothing!" I screamed.

"Kell, please."

"No." I sobbed.

Tears were now streaming down my cheeks and I had no control to stop them. I stared back at a stranger, into those deep brown eyes and saw betrayal. I thought I knew Vic and I thought he was on my side but I was wrong. We were kind of a thing weren't we? No, we weren't because best friends and couples don't keep secrets from each other, not as big as this anyway. He was just as bad as the rest of them.

I felt so hurt and lied to by him. He had betrayed me knowing how I felt about those two. He had betrayed my trust just like all the others had in the past. Everyone saw me as a push over and they all took advantage of it and I stupidly let them.

I quickly felt dizzy and sick as reality began sinking in. A small sob escapes my lips the longer I stared down at the second life which was created by my ex. Beyond all the hurt Oli put me through it was now fuelled with anger.

How could he be so fucking reckless?! He was god damn adamant to get rid of my baby and he was gonna make sure to never get me pregnant again but yet, he's stupid enough to get someone else pregnant! Not just anyone but Josh! He knew how I felt about Josh... Did Oliver do this on purpose? Knocked up his best friend as some sort of revenge because I wouldn't get back together with him? Was he really that heartless? Did he really hate me that much that he would put me through this amount of misery?

No... after everything, Oliver wouldn't do that... I know him, I do... He wouldn't be that cruel despite the terms we're on right now. It made me wonder if Oliver even knew about this baby or did Josh keep it a secret much like I did?

I wiped away my fallen tears and looked back up at Josh.

"Oliver knows?" I ask shakily.

"Yeah he knows. It was a bit of a shock to him at first but he's finally warmed up to it." he smiles warmly.

I notice that his face was glowing with overflowing happiness as he spoke about his unborn baby. Just like I used to before my flame burnt out.

"Oli came to the last scan but he couldn't make it today because he had a photo shoot, so Jordan came along with me."

Hearing that was like receiving a big slap in the face. Oliver went to Josh's ultra sound but he wouldn't come to any of mine? He was literally tearing me apart here.

"Baby Harley is 12 weeks today." Josh informs me, rubbing his hand over his tiny bump loving.

"Harley?" I choked out questioning.

He had a name picked out already? He was more organized than I was and I was half way through my pregnancy and I had nothing organized at all.

"Yeah, I just like the name Harley for a boy or a girl. Harley Sykes has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"

Sykes? Now that knocked me off guard. His going to make the baby have Oliver's last name? I hadn't even taken it into consideration but if I wanted my baby to have Oliver's last name too, it would mean that both mine and Josh's baby would sound like they were related. I didn't want that. I didn't like the sound of that at all. My baby is mine, they belong to me and no one else.

"My baby will not have anything to do with yours! They are not related!" I spat making Josh sigh.

"They're going to be siblings Kellin, whether you like it or not, they're going to have to know each other at some point, they have the same dad."

"No." I whined.

I didn't want to share my baby. I didn't want my baby to have to share their dad with somebody else's kid. I didn't want my baby to have to come from a broken family. I didn't want this for my baby at all. I didn't want them to have a half sibling or have my baby have another family which didn't involve me. I didn't want anything of it but I had no choice. I didn't want my baby to have two addresses, two birthdays, two Christmas's or even two mummy's. I wanted them to have a proper family with both parents who were happy together.

My happy family I had pictured for my baby's future had now vanished into thin air. I was devastated that I couldn't give them what I had always dreamed of. I had failed them and my baby was going to grow up hating me for it and that thought pained me immensely.

I didn't realised my breathing had gotten all heavy and uneven from going out of my mind staring at the ultra sound I still had in my hand.

I glance up seeing Vic standing in front of me with eyes full of worry and concern but all I saw was betrayal. I stepped back from him and shook my head as tears continued to fall.

"Kells, love, you need to breathe."

"S-stay away from me! All of you, stay away." I yell as I pushed past all three traitors.

I ran out of the house not wanting to spend another minute in their presence. I ignore the cries which came from the faker who I thought was the only one I could trust and ran as fast as I could to get the hell away from them all and reality.