Status: Koli

Part of Me

Chapter 9

Kellin's POV

"Could you please try not to act up so much when your daddy's around?" I talk down to my stomach rubbing it tenderly.

I swear I spend most of my time on the bathroom floor throwing up down the toilet than anything else these days. And right on cue, I'm bringing up the rest of my breakfast again.

"I thought the morning sickness would have stopped?" I jumped at the sudden voice behind me.

Oli was leaning against the door frame of the bathroom door with his arms folded over his chest as he watches me suspiciously.

"It's, um, part of the side effects." I mumble looking away from him.

My throat burned at the lie and seconds later I'm throwing up again. Karma. What comes around goes around right? And sure was I paying for it.

Oliver crouches down beside me and holds back my hair so it was out of my face as I continued throwing up.

I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand and flushed the toilet. I felt really gross now and anxious being in Oliver's presence, I was afraid he suspected something.

"How long does this last?" Oli asks brushing his fingers through my hair.

"Erm, I'm not sure. About a week or so?" I lied again.

I'm sure he was pretty clueless about abortions and would believe whatever I told him about them.

Lie after lie was falling from my lips. I didn't know how much longer I could keep lying to him. I felt like the worse person that ever lived. This wasn't me, I didn't lie, I was an honest person but lately I've been nothing but be honest.

"You made the right decision Kell, now we can go back to normal." He says giving my shoulder a light squeeze.

What even was normal? Our relationship has never been normal. I rely on him far too much and he relies on the drink and the alcohol and even sex. There was also this sick part of me that loves the way he lies to me. How is that normal? It wasn't. It was fucked up.

"You're still coming out later aren't you?"

I pull a face at the thought. Partying was the last thing I wanted to do right now.

"Erm, Oli I don't know, I don't think I should."

"Babe, its Halloween. We always go out for Halloween, its tradition." He reminds me.

"I know but I think I should skip this year, I'll be no fun. Besides the doctor said I shouldn't drink alcohol and I need lots of rest." I lie again hoping he would get the hint that I didn't want to go out.

Pregnant people don't go out drinking in bars and clubs and surround themselves with smokers and drug users. I needed to stay away from all that now, I couldn't risk harming my baby in anyway.

"Kells, the worse is over and there's nothing else to worry about. Tonight will be the first step of us going back to how we were before." He says.

The way he said that was like he seriously didn't care that I "aborted" our baby yesterday. It hurt to hear him sound so careless about the situation. Even though I didn't get rid our baby, he thought I did and this was his reaction to it. He wanted to go out and celebrate his freedom basically.

If only he knew I didn't want us to go back to how we were before... I wanted us to focus on being responsible parents. Well, I wanted to anyway.

"Besides the bar we're going to has agreed to let the band play a couple of songs so you have to come along." he says standing up and pulling me up with him.

Oh, so now he thinks I'm not pregnant anymore he's inviting me to his shows again? Huh, so me being knocked up really was the real reason why he didn't want his pregnant boyfriend hanging around the side stage? It was probably because he didn't want me to scare away the groupies. I hated his stupid bands dirty habits.

"Okay." I sigh in defeat.

I knew he wasn't going to take no for answer.

"Thanks baby." He kisses my cheek and leaves me standing in the bathroom alone.

~~

I was lent against a brick wall out of the way of all the merry drunken people which surrounded the dance floor of this club and just watched my friends and Oliver from afar. Apart from BMTH performing their three songs, the music in here was kind of lame and far too loud for my liking.

I know I'm only 22 but the partying scene really wasn't my thing anymore. It wasn't my scene in the first place it was more Oliver's and I would only go out 'cause he made me. But being here tonight made me realise I had far more important things to do with my life now than to come to bars and surround myself with drunken lowlifes that would desperately try to find the answers to their sorry lives down the bottle of empty beer bottles.

"Hey Donnie." A familiar voice says over the loud music.

I furrow my brows in confusion and turn to see it was Vic.

"Who?" I ask.

"Donnie Darko. That's who's you're dressed up as I'm assuming?" he says gesturing at my fancy dress.

I glance down at the outfit I was wearing. I wasn't in the mood to go all out in full fancy dress and make up but Oliver insisted that I dressed up for the occasion at least. He lent me another one of his skeleton costumes and I unknowingly put a grey hoodie over it, making me cast off as Donnie Darko. I guess that's kinda cool as it was by accident.

"Thanks for coming Vic."

I texted him earlier asking him to come along tonight and he did, dragging Jaime along with him both dressed in Teenage Ninja Turtles costumes.

"Anytime Kells, I'm actually surprised your out." He looks at me concerned as he passes me a drink.

"It's just a diet coke." He assures me when I stare down at it for too long.

"Yeah, well, I'm the supporting boyfriend after all aren't I? I kind of had to come."

He raised a brow at me and opened his mouth to say something.

"Don't." I stop him from commenting with pleading eyes.

He sighs and slings his arm around my shoulder and clink our glasses together before taking a drink and started a brief conversation.

Oliver stumbles over to us taking me by surprise as he more or less pulled me away from Vic's arm which was around me and tucked me into his side protectively.

"I don't remember inviting you." Oli says rudely to Vic.

Vic scoffs at Oli's blunt rudeness.

"You invited Jaime and he invited me and the last I checked you didn't own this club Sykes."

Oli rolled his eyes at Vic and turned his attention back to me and passed me a new drink.

"It's a vodka coke."

"I thought you said you weren't allowed to drink?" Vic says to me and I shy away into Oli's side and look down into the drink anxiously.

I hope Vic doesn't say anything he shouldn't. He promised he wouldn't.

"I'm sure one won't hurt." Oliver shrugs not really caring about what Vic was saying.

"He's not supposed to be drinking at all in his condition." Vic snaps and snatches the drink out of my hand.

"You told him?" Oliver accuses and pushes away from me angrily.

I glance up at Oliver, lost for words. I don't know why he's acting so hurt for? He didn't care about the baby and he knows that I tell Vic everything anyway, so I didn't get what his problem is.

"He's my best friend Oliver."

"Whatever." He shakes his head and walks off.

"Oliver wait!" I yell after him over the thumping music.

He ignores me though and disappears into the over crowded dance floor. My shoulders shrink and I sigh in frustration.

I see Vic give me a questionable look but I just walk off to find somewhere to sit down because my feet were starting to hurt. Vic joins me and takes a seat at a table hidden in the corner of the room and even though I was annoyed, Vic seemed to understand and didn't comment about what happen because he knew it would irritate me more. Instead I just lean my head on his shoulder and counted down the minutes until I could go home.

Vic and I more or less sat in the corner for about 2 hours talking but it was now coming up to midnight and I've had enough and decided to head home with Vic offering me a lift home. I searched for Oliver to let him know I was going home, I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I did, I knew he'd be too drunk to care at this point. I spot him at the bar with the others taking shots and I make my way over to him.

I see Josh was hanging around at the bar too eyeing up my boyfriend as per usual. He was dressed in some sort of wolf onesie which he must be really hot and sweaty in. It looked like he forgave Oliver for not telling him about me being pregnant, maybe Oliver already told him I had an "abortion" and that's why he's sniffing around him again. I should have known he wouldn't stay away for too long.

"Oliver, I'm gonna go I'm not feeling too good." I say when I reached the bar.

Oli puts down his shot glass and pressed his lips to mine unexpectedly and forcefully pushing in his tongue and kissing me messily in front of Vic and everyone else for that matter. He pulled away leaving me in gasping for air and a little turned on as well. I notice his face paint was smeared and smudge around his lips and no doubt transferred onto my mouth too but I didn't care, I didn't expect him to kiss me like that.

"Goodnight baby." He smirks and now I was reluctant to leave.

"Night. Stay safe." I give him a small smile and leave the club.

~~

Vic and I get into his car but as I climb into the passenger seat my feet accidentally step on something.

"What's this?" I ask, holding up the little gift bag.

"Oh err, I got you a little something for the baby." He says bashfully.

"Really?" I ask excitedly and looked inside the gift bag.

I held up the item of clothing and discover it was a baby grow with a skeleton design on it with a heart on the ribcage. My heart melted instantly at it.

"Oh my god, this is adorable!" I squealed.

"I couldn't resist." Vic smiled widely.

"It matches your outfit tonight."

"Yeah and daddy's." I say happily.

After a moment I realised what I had just said and the smile falls from my face and I shake my head at the daft thought. Oliver doesn't want to play daddy, I don't know why I said that, it just slipped out.

Vic didn't say anything and I'm glad he didn't comment about it either, it was awkward enough as it is.

"But Vic, I'm due in August not October." I pointed out.

"Oh crap." he groans and slouches back in his drivers seat.

I giggle and look at the age on the label.

"Its 0-3 months it should be alright actually."

"Good, I know its early days but I just wanted you to have something."

"Thank you, I love it." I say truthfully.

It was the first and only baby item I've got so far. I didn't want to start buying stuff yet because I'm still really early in my pregnancy and I didn't want to jinx anything. But this little Halloween outfit Vic got was just the cutest and I can't wait to put my little bean in it.

~~

We finally get back to my place and I know I'd probably sound boring as fuck but I was so looking forward to curling up on the sofa in the warmth and drinking a cup of hot chocolate.

"I'm sorry for being pregnant and lame and ruining your Halloween." I say to Vic as we entered my house.

"Don't be silly Kells you didn't ruin anything. Shall we watch a film or something? I'm sure there are tons of horror films on right now."

Vic sat down on the sofa and picked up the TV remote as I went into the kitchen and started making some popcorn.

"Nothing scary Vic."

"Oh come on, it's Halloween it has to be a scary film."

I pout looking unsure. I hated scary films I would get horrible nightmares over them. One time Oliver made me watch The Ring and I didn't answer the house phone for a whole month. It really freaked me out.

"I'll be right here to protect you from the boogie monster Kells, don't worry." Vic chuckled and pulled me down onto the sofa with him and helped himself to a handful of popcorn.

~~

"Why couldn't we just watch The Nightmare Before Christmas you dick!" I mumble.

My face was buried deep into Vic's arm because I refused to look back at the TV again. I have no idea what film he was making me watch but there was blood and chainsaws and lots of screaming, mainly from me.

"Stop being a whimp Kells, it's not that bad." He laughs.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I frown peeking up from his arm.

I flinch when I hear a scream come from the TV causing Vic to laugh at me some more. I was so on edge and jumpy, I hate horror films!

"I don't want to watch this anymore Vic."

"You've hardly watched any of it."

He puts his arm around me and pulls me closer into his side and I rest my head on his chest and cover my face with my hands, occasionally peeking through my fingers.

"I'll tell you when the next scary part is coming up."

"You better." I warn with a glare.

My heart was racing in fear I knew something bad was going to happen real soon, I could feel it. The crazy part was I kept watching the screen through my fingers for some bizarre reason and without any warning, a bloody cut up corpse appears on the screen and I literally scream the house down.

I jump up in fright knocking the bowl of popcorn off of Vic's lap and onto the floor making a mess everywhere. I was practically in Vic's lap suffering from a serious heart attack where as Vic was in fits of laughter.

I pull back and hit his chest in annoyance.

"You asshole! You said you were gonna tell me when the next scary part was coming up."

"I guess I forgot that part." He shrugs faking his innocence's.

"Idiot." I hit him again and he laughs more.

I push away from him and grab the remote from the coffee table and switch off the TV. I am not watching anymore of that.

"Aw come on Kells, don't be mad." He teases as he tries to wrap his arms around me again.

"How am I supposed to sleep tonight now?" I yell dramatically.

"I guess I'll have to check for monsters under your bed and check for skeletons in your closet." He whispers in my ear teasingly.

"Very funny."

I try to get out of his hold but his arms tighten around me.

"Let go of me Vic."

"No, I'm protecting you from the monster that's hiding behind the sofa who's waiting for you to get up and get you." He laughs.

"Ugh, you're so annoying!" I sigh dramatically and give up and lean back in his chest.

We go quiet for a moment, well, I was still sulking and I guess Vic was done teasing me, thank god.

I feel him rest his chin on top of my head as we sit comfortably together.

"I'll always be here to fight off any monsters for you, you know that right?" he says gently causing me to turn in his arms and look up at him.

"I know." I say understanding the true meaning behind his words.

He tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear and cups my cheek with one of his hands and I lean into it.

I nervously gaze into his dark chocolate eyes and lose myself in his kindness. I feel his thumb strokes across my cheek and I see his eyes flicker down to my lips and flick back to meet my gaze again.

"Trick or treat?" he whispers and I give him a confused glance.

I had no idea what he was getting at but my heart starting pounding away in my chest for some reason and I had enough with all the tricks from him tonight so I innocently chose the opposite.

"Treat." I whisper and I see the corner of his mouth turn into a smile.

I was nervous. More than nervous. I've never seen him look at me the way he's looking at me right now but yet I was completely frozen. I didn't move an inch, not even when he slowly moved in and lingered his lips close to mine and for a second, I almost moved in and closed the gap between us.

I didn't get a chance to because we jump apart from each other when the sound of my phone echoes through the room and interrupts us and snaps us out of whatever hole we were about to dig ourselves into.

Oh my god, I was about to kiss my best friend. What the fuck?!

I scramble for my phone in my pocket and answered it without looking at the caller ID.

I tried to focus on Jordan's voice through the phone because I was in the middle of freaking out and I didn't want to think of what would have happened if he didn't call. I didn't dare look at Vic because I was too afraid to see the look in his eyes if I did.

I hang up the phone and stood up from the sofa patting down the popcorn that was stuck to me and grabbed my car keys from the kitchen counter.

"Erm, that was Jordan. Oli's passed out and needs a ride home." I say awkwardly avoiding eye contact with Vic.

I hear him sigh and see him stand up looking disappointed.

"Of course he does." He says sourly.

And without another word we both leave the house to pick up Oliver.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!