The Five W's

what

......................are we? We are a couple. A couple of what? Well, to start off, we are friends. In fact, you are my best friend; if I'm being honest, my only friend. You are the only person who accepts me as I am. You are the only person I am comfortable being around; never having to worry about my words or actions and if they appeal to you or offend you. You never make me feel self-conscious or insecure like everyone else does. You are my best friend.

Secondly, we are a couple of people in love. I love you. You love me. That's as simple as love should be. However, love is not as easy as falling in and free-falling eternally. It is a complex web of emotion made up by other emotions. The weaving of the web consists of illogical anger, spurts of sadness, the green monster known as jealousy, unreasonable uncertainty, and the glowing sunshine that is happiness; everyone’s, including my, personal favorite. Regardless of the chaotic mess of mixed emotions, I would rather know what it is to love than never know at all. You are my first and last love.

Thirdly, we are growing. We are growing as a couple, as individuals, and one day as a family. My thoughts of the future contain us and a group of little carbon copies all living happily ever after. I stray from thoughts of death for either of us because it brings tears to my eyes. Even the thought of death separating you from me is unbearable. When our time comes, I hope we lay to rest together.

That is…

…what I think we are and what I want our future to be.