The Five W's

when

.....................we first met I knew it was true. I looked into your eyes and from then on, nothing else mattered, but you.

The date was August 21, 2012 when we first met. We first started dating on October 12, 2012. Unfortunately, I don't remember the date when I first said, “I love you.” I remember the entire day though.

You had just came back from visiting your family from out of state. I had missed you so much while you were away. It was the first time we had been apart for a lengthy amount of time. I picked you up from the airport when you flew back and stayed over for the night; I couldn't bear to be away from you.

However, the next day I couldn't stay with you anymore. I had to return home and leave your side once again, which was the only place where I ever wanted to be. When the time came, you walked me to my car – always the gentleman – and we spoke of something that occurred earlier that morning. You asked me what I had said. I asked you what you meant, being shy and acting as if I didn't know what you were talking about.

Earlier that morning, I confessed my love to you in the only way I could. Cowardly. I did not say the words out loud. I did not even whisper them to you in a demure-temptress sort of fashion. Nope, instead I chose to write the words on your back with my finger, resorting to a game I used to play as a child. I asked you to guess what I was writing and you said you didn't know.

It was not until later that night, when I was getting ready to leave, that you told me you knew what I wrote on your back. For the first time, I heard you speak those three lovely words to my face and this time I said them back, attaching ‘too’ at the end in agreement.

Am I silly for believing in love at first sight or…

…when we first met, did you feel it too?