The Five W's

why

....................do you love me? This is the question you always ask me. Why do we do any of the things we do? Humans are creatures of habit, yet we are unpredictable and have the ability to surprise or be surprised. The only way I can attempt to explain why is through words that will never quite express my feelings to the fullest; even knowing this, I will still try.

The simplest way to put it would be through metaphor: you are the worst kind of drug with the best kind of high. You've got me hooked. Literally.

There are moments when I contemplate walking out or when I question us; those moments are always extremely short lived. Immediately after, memories of the past three years together would flicker through my head like the colorful pages of a sticky notepad with multiple drawings that make up a whole. And just like that, I would instantly forgive and forget.

“Never again. No more obsession, no more craziness, no more Joker. I finally see that slime for what he is: a murderous, manipulative, irredeemable...Angel!”

It's ironic really, how you nicknamed me your Harley and I, in turn, dubbed you Puddin’. With just a simple sorry or your face splitting smile – that’s reserved solely for me – and just like that I am putty in your skillful hands. All is forgiven. All is forgotten.

I'm not ashamed to admit it. I'd like to think I'm a realist for acknowledging the emotional hold you have over me. I suppose that is the true definition of love. Being so completely consumed with the other person, that no matter the situation, you cannot bear to walk away because the very thought of it has you crumbling into a ball and violently shaking from uncontrollable sobs as your surroundings grow darker, ‘til they blur into nothingness, leaving you in limbo.

Like I said, words fail to express, but does this at least help to make sense…

…why I love you?