A Lions Heart

I'm sorry.

He could feel the wind in his Maine, the vibrations of the pride lands beneath his paws. His razor sharp claws ever so slightly digging into the soft earth beneath him, his body stood tall and brave as he stared down into the caverns. The one place he hadn't visited since he came back to pride rock and became the rightful King.

His body arched as he lowered himself to the ground taking in all the smells around him, hoping desperately to catch the scent of his father. The lion he had always wanted to become. Pushing his body forward he was so gracious as he landed on the rocks, going from one onto the other before touching the ground softly, a few pebbles straying from his touch down.

His eyes scanned the area and the breeze picked up tickling his fur, lifting his head and letting out a small purr, his legs moved in the direction of the place he searched for. Every step was as silent as the last one until he reached his destination.

His tail twitched as his sad amber eyes stared at the broken dead tree sticking from the ground, the memory of his father's body still embedded into his mind. His nose twitched catching a scent of a passing animal, it was no danger to him. Simba lowered his large body to the ground a few inches from where his father once lay, his chin resting on his two front paws as he let out a soft sigh. His heart ached.

"I killed mufasa!"

His eyes closed as the memory of his uncle scar plague him. His claws digging into the clay ground as he opened his eyes.

Simbas heart pounded in his chest as he ran along the rocks watching his father climb, with every step he struggled as he clawed at the rock wall. Simbas eyes searched his father's for any sign of emotion, but all he could see was determination as reached out of his view.

His small paws pushed into the ground as he ran, trying to get where he could reach his father. Thank him for saving his life and tell him how much he loved him, but as he passed an open gap his heart stopped.

With wide eyes he watched his fathers body fall, twisting in the air trying to grab something. He could hear someone screaming but didn't know It was him or his father before he landed in the stampede. It was as if everything had stopped as he searched the buffalos movements trying to find his father.


Simbas eyes were now closed as he inched up closer to the broken tree, almost completely under it as he so desperately wishes to catch his father's scent.

There was nothing but silence and dust as he ran through the caverns.

"Dad!" His voice stricken with fear as he stumbled around in the cloud of dust, his paws stepping in sharp pebbles and broken sticks. "Dad, where are you?!" His voice echoed in the caverns until he found what he was looking for.

There under the tree he was once hanging from laid his father, still and silent. Simbas ears pushed back as he hunched his body to the floor and moved.

"Dad...dad wake up..." His small paws pushed against his father body, not getting any response as he shoved into him.

"Dad, come on...wake up...please, we have to go." His voice now cracking as he could feel the fear and sadness building up into side if him, the tears starting to form as he tried harder.

"Dad..." His sharp teeth pulled at mufasas ears but got no response, his body of lifeless. Simba now had shoved himself under his front leg cuddling into his still warm body. Tears streaming down his face, the sadness overwhelming him..

"What have you done simba, you've killed your own father."


Simbas eyes opened, tears streaming down his fur as he leaned against the tree. The pain had subsided, it was the ever lasting sadness he felt that brought him back here.

"I'm so sorry, it's all my fault."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first lion King one shot. Thoughts???