Status: in the works

Word Girl and the Growing Envy

Chapter 13: Villains and Parties

The next day, was an almost life changing day. Mr. Big industries announced that they would be clearing the nearby forest to make way for a new building. When Violet caught wind of this she was not going to stand for it. She knew that by helping out the activists, she would be looked down on in society but she didn't care, she had to save those trees. Violet's mom approved of this because she was also for the trees. Violet managed to convince Becky and her family to help out as well. Becky, Violet and TJ were pretty much missing out on school so their friends decided to help out by getting them their homework for the day.

So early in the morning, before the chainsaws began chopping, Violet, her mom, Becky and her family and a whole big group of activists chained themselves to the trees in order to protect them.

Some people, like Becky's parents were chained to the trees together, everyone else had their own tree. There were a lot of trees and thankfully, Becky and her family's trees were pretty close together.

"Oh, isn't this exciting?" Said Mrs. Botsford, squealing with delight. "We're helping save the planet."

TJ yawned and stretched as much as he could. "Why couldn't they have started the chopping later in the day? It's too early for this. I should be at school, learning things."

"Now TJ, protecting these trees is very important. Without the trees, there would be no shade, and no fresh air, and they save water too. Trees are very useful for the enviroment."

"Wow dad, I didn't know you liked trees so much." Said Becky, who was chained to a tree with Bob and TJ.

"Speaking of trees, what do you guys think about us getting a peach tree or an apple tree?" Said Mr. Botsford.

"Sounds like fun dear." Agreed Mrs. Botsford.

Violet was literally hugging the tree she was chained to. "There, there tree. I won't let them chop you down."

When the workers saw what was going on they called on Leslie to take care of it.

Leslie was a bit frustrated when she saw what was going on so she called Mr. Big.

"Yello?" Answered Mr. Big as he spun around in his office chair and squished his squishy bunny toy.

"Mr. Big, we have a problem." Said Leslie, in her usual dull tone of voice.

"What's the problem?" Asked Mr. Big.

"A group of activists have chained themselves to the trees and won't move until we move our business elsewhere."

This made Mr. Big fall off his chair.

"Make them move." Said Mr. Big getting up and slamming his fist onto his desk.

"Legally, I can't." Said Leslie.

"Than use the hypnotyzing ray on them." Said Mr. Big.

"Will do sir." With that, Leslie hung up and fired up the hypnotyzing ray.

This hypnotyzing ray was pretty basic, it was just a simple beam that hypnotized those who were not wearing protective helmets, which was everyone who was chained to a tree.

Becky quickly noticed how everyone was acting and she realized that Mr. Big must have forgotten to use the special ray that would hypnotize her. While everyone else was distracted, she quickly transformed into Word Girl.

"Looks like Mr. Big is up to his old tricks. It's always mind control. Every. Single. Damn. Time." Word Girl murmured so she could take them down with the element of surprise.

The activists had already unchained themselves from their trees and the loggers were about to begin cutting down the trees when Word Girl showed up.

"Stop right there, loggers. These trees are important to the enviroment and chopping them down would just mean less clean air. Why are you even building a new building for Mr. Big?"

"Mr. Big wants to build a summer home here, complete with a pool." Said Leslie, shrugging.

"Well, did you get building permits?" Asked Word Girl, knowing that if they did get permits, she would not be able to stop them.

"Well no but..."

As soon as she said that, Word Girl snatched and smashed the mind control ray, causing everyone to stop what they were doing and chain themselves up again.

"I just remembered." Said Violet, a bit too happy. "This whole forest area is a nature reserve, so even if you wanted to, you c-can't chop down these trees. You'll be destroying the homes of so many plants and animals that thrive here, you would throw off the beauty of nature and just create another polluting building." A bird landed on her shoulder and began chirping happily upon hearing her speech. "Don't you see? You'll be ruining the planet, slowly and soon enough, it won't be beautiful anymore."

Her point had gotten across because some of the loggers were crying when they heard this. Walking back to their trucks, the loggers left the forest.

Leslie had not known that this was a nature preserve and groaned in frustration when she realized that she would have to be the one to tell Mr. Big. She drove off in her own car because she did not feel like getting yelled at over the phone. Word Girl changed back into Becky Botsford and regrouped with her family.

"We saved the trees!" Yelled Mr. Botsford. "Hey kids, since we're already here, let's go on a nature hike! I have everything we'll need in the car."

"Not another giant backpack." Muttered TJ.

"This time, I only made sure to pack the essentials." Said Mr. Botsford, responding to TJ's comment, as he walked off to get the backpack. Becky and Violet hugged it out as Violet and her mother left to go write poetry and perhaps paint a picture or take pictures of the beauty that is nature.

About halfway through the journey, Becky heard her stomach growling, they barely had time to eat breakfast before they headed out. Becky hoped her dad had brought granola bars or something because she was just starving.

"Mom, Dad, are we almost there yet?" TJ whined, as he kicked a small pebble aside.

"Almost there." Just as he said that, they arrived at said area. They had walked up a trail to see peak of a mountainy area.

"Let's gather around for a family selfie. Bob, care to do the honors?" Asked Mr. Botsford.

Bob chirped happily as he took Mr. Botsford cellphone and used it to take a selfie of them.

"Alright, now let's get out the picnic blanket and eat this meal, I prepared before we left." Said Mrs. Botsford.

As they ate, Becky remembered that after she texted Tobey and Jackie to get her homework for her she realized that she had left her phone at home to charge.

She shrugged it off and continued eating..

Later that day....it was after school.

Becky, Jackie, Violet, Rex, Tobey, and Scoops met up in the library after school to do homework and study.

"So, Violet, do you do things like this often?" Asked Jackie, as she wrote another sentence in her essay.

"Oh, yes. I do it because the trees and the beauty of nature inspire me to make art. I couldn't have done it without Becky's help."Violet hugged Becky.

Jackie felt just a tad bit envious that she didn't have a female best friend like they did.

"Hey, I was thinking..." Said Becky a bit nervously. "Since we're all going to the dance, why not carpool so that we can save money on getting there?"

"That's actually a pretty good plan." Said Tobey. "I would suggest taking a limo but let's save that for prom. To save money."

"My dad can drive us." Said Jackie. "We have a vehicle that can seat up to 9 people, we like driving a big vehicle because we move around a lot."

"All of us girls can get ready at my house." Said Violet.

"And the guys can get ready at my house." Said Scoops.

"I like that we're all getting along." Said Rex.

"Yes." Said Tobey. Although he knew that Rex and Becky were not a couple he still couldn't help but feel a bit envious because they were going to the dance together. Perhaps he should have asked her, instead of getting envious and then asked someone else to the dance in a way that would hurt the one he loved.

Skipping to the Saturday of Jackie's party.

This also happened to be the same day as the villain meeting.

Before the villain meeting...or convention? Sorry, if I got it wrong.

Doctor Two Brains was a gentleman and picked up Lady Redundant Woman in his vehicle.

"Hey." Greeted Doctor Two Brains as Lady Redundant Woman got in the van, shut the door and tried to buckle her seatbelt, but it wouldn't buddge.

"Oh, sorry. That one gets stuck sometimes...but it's not like we need to wear seatbelts. I mean we are villains right?"

Lady Redundant Woman responded by slouching, crossing her arms, rolling her eyes and frowning.

"Are you mad at something I said?" Asked Doctor Two Brains, who was confused at her behavior.

"No, just frustrated with the seatbelt, I'm not mad, or upset or frustrated with something that you said." Said Lady Redundant Woman, now sitting up straighter. "Are we going to this thing or what?"

"Oh, right." Said Doctor Two Brains as he actually started the vehicle, blushing a bit.

*Why does he suddenly care if he made me upset?* Thought Lady Redundant Woman. *Whatever*

This time, the meeting was held in Mr. Big's meeting room. I mean his business is huge so he's bound to have one, right?

There was a nice spread of cheese and meat and a few finger sandwiches. There was also champaign being served.

"I would like to call this villain meeting to order." Said Mr. Big as he stood before a podium that had a microphone.

"First order of business, what is Word Girl's secret identity?" He had made Leslie spend time in jail for him. since pretending to not know that the nature reserve was a nature reserve did not work....the things that woman will do for that man.

A collection of murmers was heard amongst the crowd.

"I may always get caught when I use mind control but she has to have one. How else would she know where and when we are going to strike?"

"He's right." Murmured the butcher. "She's always stopping my robiffery."

"And she's always foiling my evil plans." Said Ms. Question.

"The question is...how many girls in this town have a pet koala?" Said Mr. Big.

"Hey, how come that robot kid isn't here?" Asked Whammer.

"Whammer, don't you remember? He gave up his life of crime to be a normal kid. With his genius mind I say we should let him." Said Chuck the evil sandwich making guy.

"Oh yeah, whammer just forgot." Said Whammer.

They pretty much spent the rest of it trying to narrow down who was Word Girl's secret identity, they didn't really get very far.

Everyone went home pretty dissapointed, except for the face that Doctor Two Brains asked Lady Redundant Woman out for coffee later..or fondue? Either way they were going to be spending some more time together.

At the Winchester residence...

Jackie had just finished putting up the last streamer.

"Aaand, done!" Exclaimed Jackie as she climbed down from the stepping stool she was standing on.

"Were this many streamers really necessary?" Asked Mr. Winchester as he stepped into the room that was now full of streamers.

"I just want it to be a good party." Shrugged Jackie as she picked up the stepping stool to put it away.

"It will be, just be yourself and everything will turn out ok."

The first to arrive at the party was Becky and Bob. For some weird reason, Becky brought her a houseplant because she wasn't sure if bringing a gift was appropriate or not.

"Ooh, I hope she likes this plant. What plant is it again?" She asked as her and Bob stood on the doorstep, about to ring the doorbell.

(For the millionth time, it's an orchid.) Squeaked Bob, it was his idea to get her the gift because he didn't want to seem weird.

"Oh." Said Becky as she raised her finger to ring the doorbell.

'ding dong' went the doorbell as it rang.

Jackie's dad was the one to answer the door. "Hello there, I see that you have brought along your pet monkey, and is that a plant you're holding?" He asked, as he stepped aside to let them enter the house.

"Yes, it's a sort of welcome gift, since we never officially welcomed you to this town." Said Becky as she handed him the plant.

"Why thank you, it's a lovely uuuugggh." He said, droning off because he had no idea what kind of plant it was.

"It's an orchid." Said Becky. "It's an indoor plant."

"Ok." Said Mr. Winchester as he placed the plant on a table next to a nearby windowsill. "The party's in the livingroom, I will be there also but only to get to know Jackie's friends better.." He the lowered his voice a bit.." Jackie's never really had friends over before, so I thank you for being a friend to her."

"Oh, no problem sir." Said Becky.

"Please, call me Dean." Said Mr. Dean Winchester.

"Dean Winchester?" Said Becky, raising an eyebrow. "Like Dean Winchester from Supernatural?"

"Yeah, like that."

"O-kay." Said Becky as she walked into the livingroom as Dean went into the kitchen to check on things

"Hey Becky." Said Jackie. "Since not everyone is here yet, want to um, help me pick out a nail design?"

"Sure." Said Becky as she sat down on a couch that was across from where Jackie was sitting. "From where are you picking them from?"

"Pinterest." Said Jackie as she handed Becky her phone.

"Oooh..I'm not so good with the actual designing part, you might want to talk to Violet about that..." Becky gasped as she scrolled through the pinterest pins when she saw a design she really liked. "Pretty Princess nail art...I didn't know it was a thing."

"Oh yeah, you can find nail art for pretty much anything...you like pretty princess too?" Asked Jackie.

"Of course. It's like, been my favorite since I was a kid. I love that show."

"Want to watch it? I have every season starting from season 1 on DVD."

"Yes!" Said Becky. "I just wish I had the time to binge watch this show." Said Becky. (If you had the time you'd still be in your room) chirped Bob.

Jackie popped in the disc with season 1 and they began watching it from season 1 episode 1.

A couple of episodes later, Rex was the next one to arrive, he also brought her a plant. He brought her a cactus.

"Um....thanks Rex....it's soooo prickly." Said Jackie, trying to show enthusiasm over getting a cactus. She didn't know why her friends were giving her plants, she didn't really like gardening

"No problem. The good thing about a cactus is, you can leave it out in the sun and barely water it. Just be careful not to poke yourself." Said Rex as he pushed up his glasses.

"Oh, Jackie....the food is ready." Said Dean. "Do you kids want to start eating now, or do you want to wait for the rest of your friends to get here?" Asked Dean.

"We'll wait for them to get here." Said Jackie.

They pressed play on the Pretty Princess DVD and continued watching it as Rex sat down next to Jackie and none of them thought anything of it.

Scoops and Violet arrived together, holding hands. Violet had painted her a picture of the trees, the day she and Becky had gone to save them. Scoops, brought her several candid shots he did of their group while they weren't looking.

The last one to arrive was Tobey, who brought her a small robot that she could use as a pencil sharpener. Since all of the other spots on the couches were taken, Tobey had to sit next to Becky who didn't think much of it at the time. Bob sat in Becky's lap, but it was mostly because he didn't want Tobey trying to hold her hand again, he was hand blocking.

Becky nervously placed her hand to her side and it accidentally brushed past Tobey's making both of them blush and look away from each other. Bob didn't see this because he was too busy paying attention to the TV but Violet and Jackie saw and they shared a look of understanding.

"Guys, I think we should go to the kitchen and eat." Said Jackie, trying to break Tobecky's awkward tension.

She pressed stop and turned off the TV and DVD player and they all got up to go to the kitchen to eat.

"It's nice outside." Said Dean Winchester.

"Yes, yes it is. We should go eat outside." Said Scoops.

Tobey, Scoops and Rex helped Dean get out the lawn chairs from their garage, while the girls and Bob brought out the food.

They ate, they talked, Dean got to know each of them better and he learned that they were pretty good kids. And after a few quick phone calls, the girls and Bob were allowed to stay after the party for a sleepover as long as they helped to clean.

"Sorry boys, but I'm not ready for my daughter to have co-ed sleepovers." Said Dean, chuckling slightly but Scoops and Tobey knew that this was dad code for 'you do anything to my daughter and I will hurt you.'

"Quite alright, Mr. Winchester. We understand." Said Tobey, not wanting to anger the father of the girl he was taking to the dance.

"Yes, what he said. Thank you for inviting us in your lovely home." Added Rex, trying to be polite.

"It was nice, you should throw another party soon Jackie." Said Scoops.

"I'll consider it." Said Dean. "Who is picking you boys up?"

"My mother...who should be here about...now." Said Tobey.

The doorbell rang and Dean went to go answer it. He was greeted with a very tall woman, who was almost as tall as he was. Judging from her golden locks, he assumed that she was Tobey's mother.

"Hello, Mr. Winchester, I am Claire McCallister, Tobey's mother. I have come here to pick them up but also to get to meet you, since I already know the parents of my son's other friends." She said as she extended her hadn for him to shake. He shook it happily.

"Hello Claire, I am Dean Winchester, Jackie's father. Pleased to make your acquaintance." He said as he shook her hand back.

He invited her in and they talked for a bit while the kids kept watching Pretty Princess DVD's. A whole DVD later, they finally stopped talking and the boys left, who also did few phone calls and were going to have a sleepover of their own at Tobey's house.

This was going to be an interesting night.....

After they finished helping to clean up, Jackie let Violet and Becky borrow a pair of pajamas for the night and for some reason, Violet had a couple of travel toothbrushes in her purse. Bob didn't really like brushing his teeth but Becky made him, and Jackie gave Bob a travel sized toothbrush too. Dean told the girls that they could stay up late but they had to be quiet because he had work in the morning. They all went to watch TV in Jackie's room, after surfing the channels and seeing nothing good they decided to just look up random things on the internet on Jackie's laptop. Since Jackie slept on a king size and the guest rooms didn't exactly have beds or bedding they all agreed to just share the bed for one night, while Bob, slept on a blanket with a pillow on the floor.

"Want to play truth or dare?" Asked Violet, who usually didn't come up with these ideas but she was starting to get a bit bored.

"Sure." Said Jackie. "Are you game, Becky?"

"Yeah." Said Becky.

"Jackie, truth or dare?" Asked Violet.

"Dare." Said Jackie.

"I dare you to Skype call Tobey, so that we can video chat with the boys and see how their sleepover is going."

"I don't have a Skype." Said Jackie.

"I do." Said Becky. "I also have Tobey as a contact on there, um may I use your laptop to sign in?"

"Sure." Said Jackie. Becky quickly signed in and saw that Tobey was online.

She wrote to him.. 'hey.'

A few seconds later, she got a response. 'Hey.' Said Tobey.

'Want to video chat?' Asked Becky.

'Sure.' Tobey called Becky and she answered it.

It was a bit fuzzy at first but Becky soon saw that Scoops and Rex were sitting on Tobey's bed in the background and Tobey was sitting at his desk. Rex and Scoops were wearing Tobey's pajamas and on Rex they were pretty long since he was so short.

"Cool, now I can smack people with these long sleeves." Said Rex as he playfully smacked Scoops with his long sleeves.

Jackie's dad was a pretty heavy sleeper, they could hear his snoring from down the hall, so it's not like he could hear what they were doing on Skype.

"Hi." Said Tobey, looking Becky in the eyes through the camera.

"Hey." Said Becky back to him. "How's the sleepover going?" Asked Becky, trying to make conversation

"It's going great." Said Tobey. "How's yours going?"

Jackie answered before Becky could. "It's going great. We're just braiding our hair and talking about our feelings." Violet suddenly came up to Jackie with her phone in her hand. "Oh Jackie, I found this adorable hairstyle I can do with your hair, since it's so long. Would it be ok if I practiced with your hair, right now, as this Skype call takes place?" Said Violet, completely forgetting the game of truth or dare.

"Sure." Said Jackie as she took her hair down from it's regular french braid. Her hair looked long in the braid but it was even longer now. Her hair went down to her butt, almost covering it.
"You're going to have to take off your glasses if I want to do this right. Can you see without your glasses?" Asked Violet, trying to be considerate.

"Yes, I only need them to read. I don't need to wear them all the time." Said Jackie as she removed her glasses and placed them on her bedside table.

"I've never seen you without your glasses." Said Rex, now walking up to the camera. "I like it." Jackie blushed a bit but kept her cool.

"Thanks." She smiled at him.

To Be Continued...
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure how many words this was but to let you know, I have been working on this all week, either adding or removing ideas to the chapter. Do you feel that Violet and Becky would play truth or dare at a slumber party? I really don't get why it's so adorable when people who obviously like each other blush whenever they're near each other. If you have any questions about this fanfic, please be sure to ask me in the comments or you can message me, I have no life so I will most likely respond to you. Love you guys, thank you so much for reading this fanfic, and Woooord up! XD I still read it in her voice. See you in the next chapter.