Status: in the works

Word Girl and the Growing Envy

Chapter 17: The Truth is Revealed Part 2

After school Becky and Tobey met up with Jackie at her house so she could explain a few things to them.... they all sat on the couches in her livingroom and her father ad not yet come back from work, so they had some time. Becky and Bob sat on one couch while Jackie and Tobey sat on the couch across from them.

"Exactly how long have you known that I am Word Girl?" Asked Becky, finally breaking the silence.

"For a while now, and to be honest, it wasn't hard to put it together." Jackie simply answered.

"Tobey, how long have you known?" Becky asked Tobey.

"You remember the first time I ever met you? When our mother decided to set up a play date for us...it was then. I had always secretly known but never really brought it up and after we becamse friends I didn't want to ruin our friendship." Tobey answered, while looking her in the eyes.

"Wait, so if you knew then all those times you stalked me with your camera, you knew?!" Becky raised her voice towards the end a bit.

"Yes, and I probably should have told you. Oh, God. You must think I'm a stalker now don't you?"

Becky only blushed but she stayed silent.

(If what you told me is true then ask Jackie why she would control and or manipulate your dreams) Chirped Bob, to remind Becky why they were there.

"What did he say?" Asked Jackie referring to Bob.

"He reminded me that I should ask you: Why do you like to control and or manipulate mine and Tobey's dreams? I don't understand why you do that when you can just go around making people envious." Said Becky.

"Well, to be honest....I.....ship you two and wanted to show you that by being together it wouldn't mean anything bad because come on...you worry too much and just watching you two go back and forth like that when it was so obvious that you like each other...I just wanted you guys to get together already. Sure I can manipulate people's emotions by making them envious but I can also manipulate people's dreams to mostly show them that they are meant to be together but it only works when they are truly meant to be. By that I mean they can like communicate in their dreams if they both feel the same way towards each other. That is why you and Tobey have been able to communicate in your dreams. I'm sorry if it seemed weird at all to you, and I will understand if you don't want to talk to me anymore. And I'm sorry I threatened you to not talk to Tobey as Word Girl but I know of Tobey's crush on Word Girl and I kinda wanted him to like you for you." Said Jackie, as she looked down and didn't make eye contact with either of them.

"Ummm, Tobey can we talk in the kitchen...alone?" Asked Becky.

Tobey just got up and followed Becky to the kitchen...leaving Bob and Jackie alone on the couch.

"Soooo.....you want to watch TV?" Asked Jackie.

Bob knew she couldn't speak monkey so he just nodded his head.

Jackie handed him the remote and Bob turned the TV on. After seeing what time it was he quickly changed the channel to El Corazon De Fuego.

"You like this show too?" Asked Jackie.

Bob nodded again.

"Is this the new episode where we're finally going to see if Gerardo wakes up from his season long coma?" Jackie squealed a bit, but quickly calmed down. They sat and watched it together while Becky and Tobey talked in the kitchen.

"Do you think we should still be her friend?" Asked Tobey.

"Well, other than doing that whole dream manipulation thing, threatening to tell you that I'm Word Girl even though you secretly always knew, and being the not so villainous villain in town, she's not really a threat to us, and I trust her to keep my secret." Said Becky.

"So we have just agreed to let her be our friend?" Asked Tobey.

"Yes." Affirmed Becky.

"Want to seal it with a kiss?" Asked Tobey.

Becky raised her eyebrow and Tobey was about to apologize but Becky wrapped her arms around his neck and brought him down enough for a quick peck on the lips.

"There, now the deal has been sealed." Becky proclaimed proudly.

"You know, if we're going to do this getting to know each other before we date thing do you really think it's a good idea to give me a preview?" Tobey asked a bit suggestively.

Becky grinned playfully and kissed his cheek. "Come on, we should probably get back to the living room before Jackie's dad comes home. It'd be awkward if he caught us mid kiss."

Color rushed to Tobey's cheeks as he imagined that happening. He could imagine Dean telling his mother what he was doing with Becky while he wasn't home and he cringed at the embarassment he would face if his mother found out and dragged him out by the ear.

Becky unwrapped her arms from around Tobey and together they walked back to the livingroom.

They made sure to be silent because they saw Jackie and Bob watching the latest episode of El Corazon De Fuego which translates to The Heart Of Fire.

After the episode ended, Dean came through the front door, followed by Mrs. McCallister.

"Oh, Tobey you're here already. I was going to text you to come over here for our dinner date with the Winchesters." It seemed that while the kids were coming home from school, Dean surprised Mrs. McCallister at work with flowers and asked her to bring along Tobey so that he and Jackie could join them for dinner.

"Oh well, you guys are busy, I think I shall see myself out. It was nice to see you Mrs. McCallister, Mr. Winchester." Said Becky as she picked up Bob.

Becky and Bob left shortly after and when no one was looking, they were about to transform when...

"Heeelp! Captain Tangent is trying to steal cars and everyone's valuables!"

"Crap! Looks like I have to be late to dinner...again." Becky rubbed her palm past her face as she let out a frustrated sigh. Just once would it kill the villains to do all their evil on a weekend?

"Woord up!" Said Becky in her usual tone.

As they flew along, Becky texted TJ that she was going to be late. Since Tobey and Jackie now knew they would be a huge help in helping her to keep it from her parents. However, since both of them are eating dinner right at this very moment, they cannot be Becky's alibi for today.

"Ugh, I'll just have to tell them that I got caught up in studying or something. Oh, can you add studying to the schedule?" Word Girl asked Captain Huggy Face as they flew.

CHF already knew the password to her phone and swiftly added studying to her list. Both of them were surprised it hadn't slipped out by now from all the flying but onto the stopping the bad guy part of this story.

At the car dealership.....

Ummm.

"Hey buddy, you might want to try the auto show...it's right across the street." Said the car dealer.

My bad.

Across the street at the auto show....

Captain Tangent was about to drive away with a brand new sports car when...

"Hold it right there Captain Tangent!" Said Word Girl.

"Ah Word Girl, here to foil my plan once again. This reminds me of the time when I was sailing and looking for treasure..."

*Oh God this guy is going to go off on another tangent again. I am so glad I learned how to tune people out.* Word Girl thought as he rambled on with his story until she glanced at her watch and realized she needed to defeat him like now.

"....and that's when I said 'Oatmeal are you crazy?'......" He hadn't noticed that as he was talking, Word Girl took away his hook, and had wrapped him in the carpet so he could not escape. "Oh darn."

A police officer soon came to take him away.

"Thank you so much Word Girl. We couldn't have done it without you." Word Girl nodded and took off for home.

TJ had barely texted back saying "The whole excuse that you use about studying or reading a book and losing track of time is starting to get old. Tomorrow, can we brainstorm new ideas for excuses in your spaceship hideout? BTW, mom is getting kind of worried that you might be spending too much time reading, so she has scheduled another 'play date' for you and Tobey. Just thought I'd give you he heads up."

"Gah! Why do our moms want us to date so badly? Is Mrs. McCallister really that worried that Tobey will end up alone?" Word Girl shouted out loud as she flew.

Before Word Girl could get home she suddenly found herself being trapped in a tractor beam....and Huggy got sucked in too. She could not break free because the beam was emitting Lexonite radiation and by just trying to move it was hurting her...

Word Girl never made it home that night and neither did Captain Huggy Face.....

TO BE CONTINUED....
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I had to leave it at a cliffhanger like that but I really just wanted to start the next chapter already. Can you guess who has kidnapped Word Girl? Ps. It's not Jackie because although Jackie does have superpowers, she was born on earth.