Status: in the works

Word Girl and the Growing Envy

Chapter 18: The Truth is revealed part 3

At the Botsford residence....

Sally and Tim were furious at first that Becky had once again gotten caught up in a book to come home but when it was after 8, they began to worry because if she was going to be getting home at this late she would have at least called home to let them know where she was. They weren't too worried because Bob was with her but they still had no idea where she could be.

"Oh, Tim, I'm starting to get worried. The library is usually closed by now, do you think she's with a friend?" Sally Botsford said as she looked at her husband with worry in her eyes.

"Don't worry, I'm sure she's watching a movie or something and she just forgot after she finished with her book. TJ, I need you to text all of Becky's friends and ask them if they have seen her. Sally, I need you to call all of the mom's of Becky's friends to see if maybe she is at someone's house or something. I will search around the neighborhood for a bit to see if she's maybe at the park or something."

TJ texted Tobey first. *Hey, is Becky with you?*

*No, I am at a dinner party with mother and the Winchesters and we asked her to stay but she had to leave. Is something wrong?* Tobey texted back.

*She hasn't come home yet and she's not answering her cell* TJ replied.

*That's odd. It isn't like her to be gone for that long without calling home because she was busy fighting crime as Word Girl now is it?* Texted Tobey.

*How do you know about that?* Texted TJ.

*I know she's Word Girl and yes, she told me so herself but that's not important right now. She wouldn't just be gone for this long without her family making sure she was ok.*

*Maybe she'll turn up soon.* Texted back TJ.

TJ then texted Violet.

*Is Becky with you?* TJ texted her.

*Your mom already called my mom asking that just now and no, she's not here. Has she come home yet?* Texted back Violet.

*Not yet and I'm starting to get worried.*

*I hope she's ok.* Texted back Violet.

TJ then tried texting Scoops with the same results. He even tried Rex, Jackie, Eileen and Victoria Best but none of them had seen her.

Mrs. Botsford informed Mrs. McCallister and Mr. Winchester what was going on.

TJ then tried texting Tobey again. *Do you think she's at her spaceship hideout and just fell asleep or something?*

*Even if she was she would have at least let you guys know that she was alright. This doesn't make any sense...where would she go?*

TJ then got an idea.

*Well, during all of the times that I have been in her spaceship hideout, I know that her belt has a tracker, so if we just get into the spaceship hideout we can track where she is.* TJ replied.

*Do you think we could try that, tonight?* Texted Tobey.

*I'm not sure, my parents seem pretty worried that she's gone. I'm not sure if I will be able to sneak out undetected.*

*Just wait until your parents are asleep and then sneak out*

*(dramatic gasp) Tobey, are you teaching me to sneak out?*

*Just meet me at the park at around midnight.*

*I don't think they're going to bed anytime soon, sorry but unless if you can get someone to go with you, you're on your own.* TJ texted back.

*Do you know the password to her supercomputer?* Texted Tobey.

*Yeah it's Tobecky4life*

*Seriously?*

*Yeah...gtg I'm not sure how long we have to wait before we report Becky as a missing person. Please, find her and bring her back.*

Tobey and his mother said goodbye to the Winchesters and headed home.

Becky's sudden disappearance made Tobey worry.

He texted his plan to Jackie and Rex who reluctantly agreed to help him.

After their parents and or guardians went to sleep, Tobey picked up Jackie on his new invisible stealthy robot and this time, he made sure to cloak both of them so they would not be seen by anyone out this late at night. (I have realized that chapters 13 was like a while ago, anyway this chapter is taking place on Monday night. I had to go back and read where I was with this fanfic in terms of days because even I forgot..anyways on with the story) Rex was already there since he had been to her spaceship hideout before too. Oh, and it didn't take a genius for them to know that Rex is Kid Math.

"Hey guys, how did you manage to sneak out so easily?" Asked Rex as he landed near them.

"It wasn't too hard, now let's get inside, Envy...Kid Math." Said Tobey as he had his robot put down him and Jackie. He parked his robot by the spaceship hideout.

"So this is the ship that Word Girl crash landed in, years ago." Said Jackie as she looked at it from the ground.

Tobey opened up the secret door and inside they went. It was dark at first until Rex turned the lights on.

"How come you didn't invite Violet or Scoops?" Asked Jackie, as she looked around the ship and silently admiring how nicely decorated it was.

"They already seemed pretty busy, plus no offense but they kind of would get in the way." Said Tobey.

"Hey look, I found the computer." Said Rex as he landed on top of the computer screen. "Do either of you know the password?"

Tobey walked over and punched in the password.

"Wow, even Word Girl secretly shipped Tobecky." Jackie chuckled as Tobey typed in the password.

Tobey carefully searched around until he found what he was looking for...the tracker info.

"Well that's weird." Said Tobey glancing at the screen.

"What's weird?" Asked Rex.

"According to her coordinates, she's over in the mountains." Said Tobey.

"Let's go.." Said Rex about to take off.

"Wait!" Said Jackie, holding her hands out for him to stop. "It's night time. I'm worried about Becky too, but I think it would be better if we waited for it to be light out. We don't all have superpowers and we don't know what's out there. We should try looking for her tomorrow if she still doesn't show up." Said Jackie.

"I'm worried about her too, but you're right about that Jackie. None of us have flashlights or night vision and even if we did, it would take us hours just to find her. Hey Tobey, since you're a smart kid, would it be possible for you to make a portable tracker? Because then tracking her would be so much easier."

"I will get started on that tomorrow. I'm actually a bit tired right now." Tobey glanced at his watch and saw that it was 1 AM. They had school in 7 hours. "Let's meet up after school tomorrow and go straight here." Said Tobey. "Unless, if you have something you need to do."

"Tobey, tomorrow is the monthly student council meeting....but if Becky's not there then....oh Glob." Said Jackie.

THE NEXT DAY...TUESDAY...AFTER SCHOOL...

Rex, Jackie and Tobey all had student council and as soon as it was over they quickly went over to the spaceship hideout and using the spare parts that they found as a group, Tobey was able to make a smaller and more portable tracker. As soon as he was done, they all did a thorough search of the ship to see of she was there but she wasn't. Together, they went off in search of Word Girl using the tracker. Tobey on his robot, with Jackie as Envy and Rex as Kid Math.

Everyone at school had noticed Becky's absence, mostly the teachers. The Botsfords were devastated when Becky and Bob hadn't come home yet but according to the authorities they had to wait 48 hours to report her missing. Her phone was off and they were even more worried when they tried to call her and it went straight to voicemail.

"Oh, where could she be?" Said Sally.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\

On an unidentified spaceship....

Word Girl came to and when she did she noticed that she was behind a cage and the bars were made from lexonite, which was slowly weakening her and Huggy awoke shortly after..

"Oh hell, it's already Tuesday." Said Word Girl after she realized what day it is. "Everyone must be so worried about me.." Huggy raised an eyebrow at her. "Worried about us." Word Girl corrected herself.

(Who do you think is behind all of this?) Chirped Huggy.

"We're about to find out." Said Word Girl and she gasped as she noticed that neither she or Huggy had their belts on.

The door leading to their room opened and out stepped....Miss Power.

"Well, well, well. It looks like my lexonite ray has worked. Looking for these?" Said Miss Power as she laughed evilly.

"Why did you kidnap me and why did you kidnap Huggy? How did you know about the belt trackers?" Said Word Girl, as she tried not to touch the bars of the cage.

"I did it mostly for revenge but the monkey came on accidentally but now that you're awake I'm afraid I can't let him go. He's seen too much. I know that these belts can be used to track where you are." Said Miss Power as she smashed the belts in her fists.

"If you were going to get revenge, why did you wait so long?" Asked Word Girl.

"I have been watching you from afar, Word Girl. And we could have been a great team but you just had to go and ruin that plan, didn't you? Do you know how long it took me to plot this out?" Asked Miss Power.

Word Girl wasn't really scared of her. "What like....years?" Word Girl smirked.

"I wouldn't get too cocky if I were you." Said Miss Power. "I know you're secretly Becky Botsford. And I know that as of right now ever since you failed to come home your family and friends and even some of your villains are worried sick about you."

Word Girl's eyes widened. "What do you want from me?" Asked Word Girl.

"So glad you asked." Said Miss Power. "You see, it did take me years but that's because I was busy building this..." She pulled out a remote and pressed a button on it to lower a screen. On that screen a ray was displayed.

"With this ray, I am going to erase everyone in your pathetic little town's memories not just of Word Girl but of Becky Botsford too. It'll be like you never existed to them."

Word Girl gasped. "You wouldn't......"

"Watch me!"

Word Girl ran up to grip the bars but she forgot they were made from lexonite and she immediately collapsed and fell to the ground.

"Y-you'll never get away with thi..." Word Girl struggled to say but the lexonite made her too weak to finish the sentence.

Word Girl fell asleep for the second time that day.

Huggy tried to shake her but it was no use, she was out cold.

Mrs. Power laughed but she walked out before Huggy had the chance to yell at her, even though she wouldn't be able to understand him.

What she did fail to notice was that Huggy found Becky's cellphone but he noticed that it was low on battery seeing as it hadn't been charged since yesterday. He knew about Tobey and Becky's...shared dreams, so typing as quickly as possible before the battery ran out, Huggy texted his plan to the one person he knew who could help to save them....oh and the lexonite also affected Huggy since he is also from Lexicon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As, they were walking...well Jackie and Tobey were riding on Tobey's robot and Rex was flying...the signal from the tracker suddenly went out.

"That's odd." Said Tobey. "It's almost as if their trackers were broken before we could get anywhere..." He suddenly felt his phone vibrate and noticed that it was a text from...Becky?!

He quickly went to see what it said but it was a bit hard to read since the grammar was off.

*Hlp! Mizzz Pwr got us kidnapppped andddddddd she broke the trckers.....U gotta safe Uzzz Plz Tobi Wan Kenobi UR R Last Hope! Use da dreammmmmmsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss...ya got 24 hours*

Tobey had no idea what they meant by that. Tobey showed the text to Jackie. "I think I know what it says."

"What does it even say? This is too weird, Becky never writes like that, her texts are always so neat and the grammar makes sense."

"It says: Help! Miss Power got us kidnapped and she broke the trackers! You've got to save us please, Tobi Wan Kenobi you're our last hope. Use the dreams? You've got 24 hours"

Tobey thought this over for a bit, as he stopped his robot, when Rex noticed this he stopped to talk to them.

"I've got it! She wants us to use our little...dream thing where we can talk to each other in our dreams." Said Tobey. "But the thing with that is we've only done it at night...."

"Well it is dinner time. Can you take me back home?" Said Jackie. "Look, if that is the case then we have 24 hours to enter her dreams but we should maybe do it at night. And besides, we have to keep up with our school work. She may be kidnapped but I don't think Becky would want us to fall behind."

"You're right Jackie...er Envy. I've got to go...." Said Rex. "Oh shoot, I forgot to get my suit from you. Mind if I swing by your house real quick?"

"Yeah, I just have to get home first.." Said Jackie.

"Tobey, if you want I can take her home and you can...figure something out." Said Rex.

"Thanks Rex...er Kid Math. You were a great help today." Said Tobey.

Rex nodded and carried Jackie away bridal style but not before changing into Kid Math so people wouldn't see Rex flying around.

Tobey sighed but went home to dinner.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(skipping to night time because nothing important to the plot happens between dinner and bedtime)

Tobey and Jackie had texted and agreed to go to bed at around the same time.

As soon as Tobey closed his eyes, instead of the usual dreams, he found himself at a club?

He looked down and noticed that he was wearing a nice suit. He noticed that the club was almost empty except for one girl that sat at the bar area with her pet monkey.

As Tobey walked over to the girl he noticed that she looked familiar...if it weren't for Bob being there he would not have recognized Becky. Bob was in his usual diaper but Becky was well....she was dressed in a long red gown and covered her hands with long red gloves. He didn't really like that outfit on her. Come to think of it, Tobey never really cared about how she dressed as long as they were talking.

"Becky?" Asked Tobey as he reached out for her. She turned towards him at the mention of her name.

"Tobey!" Said Becky as she leaped off the stool and towards him, knocking both of them to the ground.

Tobey helped her up when he noticed that she had both of her ankles shackled to something. He didn't care that he was just knocked to the ground all he cared about at the moment was that Becky was in his arms once again.

"Who has done this to you? And why are you shackled?" Asked Tobey with worry clear on his facial features.

"It was...Miss Power....she wants to seek her revenge. Not only that...she is going to erase everyone's memories of my existence. You have to save me...I can't break free." Said Becky with tears forming in her eyes.

"Why can't you break free?" Asked Tobey as he wiped the tears from her eyes, still not caring that Becky was on top of him.

"She's keeping Huggy and me in a cage...and the bars are made from Lexonite....I've been asleep for the past 12 hours...it's like being stuck in a horrible nightmare...it's hard to stay awake and even when I am, my grammar comes out pretty terrible..." Said Becky as she kept on crying.

"Lexonite?" Tobey asked.

"It makes me weak both physically and mentally, when I'm around Lexonite my grammar is very...terrible.." Becky finished.

"Becky, I will get you out of that cage, and stop her evil plan if it's the last thing I do." Said Tobey as he hugged her and then he helped her up.

"How?" Asked Becky.

"Well before the transmitter broke, we know that her spaceship is somewhere in the mountains. But do you know how we're going to defeat Miss Power?" Asked Envy, stepping out of the shadows of the dreamscape.

"So...does you wanting to help me mean that we're no longer enemies?" Asked Becky

"I dunno, but I would like us to be friends." Said Envy.

"Me too." Said Becky as she walked over and hugged Envy.

"Sorry to interrupt this...friendly moment but we have more important things to focus on." Said Tobey.

"How did you defeat her the last time?" Asked Envy, because as we all know she was not there the last time that Miss Power tried to take over the world.

"I defeated her in a game of wits." Said Becky. (Ok, that's probably wrong but I have never seen the whole three parts of the episode just the first one where Word Girl first meets Miss Power, but this is a fanfic so yeah..)

"I know that it will be hard but...Tobey...Envy..I need you to try and contact the galactic police....Miss Power seems to have escaped from galactic prison where she was taken for her crimes...."

"Quick question, can the authorities from Lexicon do anything?" Asked Envy.

"Look, I know I probably should try to contact them but I've never really tried to...I don't even know if my birth parents are still alive or if they even care about me....they never really tried to look for me...so that's why I don't really try to contact Lexicon." Becky sobbed.

"You don't know for sure that they don't care Becky...maybe they have also been watching over you and never really tried to get in contact with you because they saw how happy you are on earth and don't want to ruin that for you. It could happen, we won't know until we try." Said Envy, placing a hand on her shoulder in comfort.

"Huggy's been your...guardian I guess since before you were adopted by the Botsfords...so when you wake up why don't you ask him about your birth parents?" Asked Tobey.

Becky sighed and wiped her tears. She pulled them both in for a group hug. "Thanks guys..." She noticed that they were both slowly fading. "What's going on?" Asked Becky.

"We're waking up Becky, sorry but we have to get up and get ready for school but we will begin our search for you after school. Sorry." Said Envy.

"Please come as soon as you can...I'm...Getting...Weaker..." Said Becky as the chains around her ankles pulled her away, Bob screeching and running after her...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WEDNESDAY MORNING.....

TO BE CONTINUED...
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok, so the thing about the Galactic police might be made up but again, I don't know because I haven't seen the whole three parts of The Rise and Fall of Miss Power. If you guys have seen all three parts you can post about it in the comments but be sure to label it as SPOILERS before you do. Thank you for reading this fanfic, and thank you for commenting on this.