Status: in the works

Word Girl and the Growing Envy

Chapter 19: Discussions

WEDNESDAY MORNING...

School for Tobey was pretty boring that day, he hated not having Becky there beside him.

Normally they would have a chat about school work or something but even when he tried that with his other friends he found that it was pretty boring.

Tobey still hadn't gotten completely used to the fact that he was no longer building robots to try and get Word Girl's attention, but now he was building them for good.

During that day at school, they had to get in groups of two to work on a class asignment. Tobey ended up working on it alone.

If Becky was there, she would have worked with him.

If Becky was there, she would sit right next to him at lunch and laugh her sometimes annoying laughter and snort like an adorable little piggy.

The more time he spent apart from her the more he realized how terribly he missed her.

Tobey decided that the next time he saw her in real life that he would screw waiting and getting to know each other before getting into a relationship.

When this is over, he promised himself that he would kiss her and get down on his knees to beg her to be his girlfriend.

If getting into a relationship with Becky meant saving her from a meany fart face that wanted to get revenge on her then so be it.

He came to realize that he was starting to love Becky more than he did building robots. He would go to hell and back for her, he would die for her.

Tobey had never been in a relationship before and as far as he knew neither had she but he knew that they would figure it out together....it just depended on whether she wanted to or not.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Word Girl woke up again at around lunch time on Wednesday. She noticed that there was a tray of food that had a huge pile of sandwhiches in her cell, along with a small container with water in it. She eyed it suspiciously for a bit before she grabbed a sandwhich and took a bite.

"Well, look who's finally up." Said Miss Power.

"Why are you giving us food?" Asked Word Girl as she chomped on her sandwhich while Captain Huggy Face ate up.

"If I'm going to keep you prisoner I can't have you both dying from starvation and dehydration. I'm evil but I'm not that evil. Besides, it would bring me no satisfaction to have you just die on my ship." Miss Power shrugged like it was no big deal.

Word Girl wanted to argue but she quickly realized that it would be pointless. Miss Power left the room and they kept eating. Word Girl realized she had not eated for hours before this.

"Huggy, while I was out is this the only time that she has brought us food?" She asked as she kept eating.

(Well...she did a couple of times while you were out. But before you get mad and smack me you were out cold and I couldn't wake you even if I tried.) Chirped Huggy.

Word Girl suddenly realized she needed to use the toilet. She looked around the cell and saw one in the corner. "Huggy, can you turn around? I've got to use the toilet."

(Ok, just tell me when you're done)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Word Girl got down to business, Miss Power was replaying a video clip. It was a video of a slideshow of the things she did with Word Girl when she was still 10. A tear slid down her cheek because she thought that she had made a friend here on earth but she was wrong. It didn't exactly help that this whole friendship thing had gone sour. Truth be told she did have a ray but it didn't erase people's memories like she had told Word Girl. She was going to use this ray to slice through the city, taking out everyone and everything on it. She just wanted people to forget of Word Girl's existance and if that meant killing an entire city than she really didn't care.

Her pet squirrel thing (Sorry, I haven't seen the whole episode yet) had died a few years back, but that wasn't what had completely upset her. What upset her was how lonely she was without him. She wanted to adopt a new one but since she was kind of a wanted criminal throughout the universe that was kind of a hard thing to do.

The tracker that Tobey had activated was right, she had her spaceship parked in the mountains but not like the mountain area where people hiked or camped. This was slightly higher and she had activated her invinsibility shield so that even if someone were to come up to that part of the mountain they would just see more mountain.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Finally, Word Girl was finished with her business and Huggy was finished with the sandwhiches. After being out for long Word Girl realized that just touching the Lexonite was enough to knock her out for 12 hours or more so she made sure to not touch the bars.

She walked over to Huggy. "Hey Huggy....this is sort of long overdue but...do you know what happened with my birth parents?"

Huggy walked over to her and sighed.

(I knew you were going to ask me one day) Huggy chirped while not looking her in the eyes. (The truth is, your birth parents loved you very much...but they were always so busy with work...and fighting evil like you were, they were and maybe still are a part of Lexicon's defenses. They defend Lexicon from evil like how you defend earth. They are a part of Lexicons's heroes who have powers like you like flying and superstrength but each with a unique power. But because they were so busy, when they did have time for you they noticed that you were not happy just being taken care of by nannies and butlers, they wanted you to have a pet so they got me...One day they took us to work with them and while they were called off on a mission you adorable three year old self wandered onto a spaceship and started it up like you had seen them do so many times before. Before anyone else could stop you, I climbed aboard and tried to take the wheel but since I had absolutely no experience in driving a spaceship we left Lexicon's atmosphere and ended up on earth. And after some wandering we ended up with the Botsfords who took you in and raised you as their own. As far as I know, your birth parents have never tried to contact us.) Word Girl looked down at this. (It's not because they don't care but it's because they truly are so busy, or at least I think they are. I'm not so sure.) Word Girl sniffled as a few tears ran down her cheeks. She hugged Captain Huggy Face.

"Thanks Captain Huggy Face. I just often wonder, if they could see me and know that I'm alive, would they be proud of me?"

(Becky, anyone would be proud to call you their daughter. I'm proud of you.) Said Huggy as he hugged her back. The reality of it was that Huggy didn't want to tell her that he thought that her birth parents might think she's dead, but she was already feeling pretty crappy from being in this tiny prison and he knew that it was only a matter of time before she would start to complain about not showering....this was going to be a long wait before they were rescued. Why couldn't she had kidnapped them during the summer? Maybe then their friends wouldn't have to wait so long to come rescue them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

School finally ended and when it did, Tobey, TJ, Jackie, Rex, Violet, and Scoops all met up in TJ's treehouse.

Tobey stood at the front of the group. "Thank you all for meeting here at such short notice and thank you TJ for allowing us to use your clubhouse for this meeting."

"No problem. So why'd you call us all here?" Asked TJ.

"Well, since we are still trying to locate Becky, the other day while exploring using this tracker we have found where Becky is being held captive as Word Girl...and Captain Huggy Face."

"Where is she?" Asked TJ, with sorry in is voice. "My parents are worried sick and the cops have no leads."

"Using this portable tracker I was able to pinpoint their exact location and they are somewhere in the mountains, but we have yet to check there. Using a sort of shared dream thing that Jackie...or should I say Envy can do...I was able to learn from Becky herself that she is being held captive by Miss Power."

Tobey then went on to explain what he had learned about Becky's situation. " But the thing is...I haven't the slightest idea on how we can defeat Miss Power and get Becky and Bob back. Any suggestions?"

They all thought it over for a moment until TJ spoke up. "I think I have an answer. So you know how when Envy here uses her powers to make people envious even over the slightest of things? Well what if she uses her powers of envy to make Miss Power envious of something...like I don't know something insignificant. and while she is distracted, someone else uses that distraction to reach Becky and while two of you guys are doing that a third person goes to shut down and possibly destroy her evil ray. While a fourth person uses Miss Powers communicater device to call the galactic police and have them take her away, for good this time so that this doesn't happen again."

"Ok, it's a good plan but when are we going to have time to do this?" Asked Tobey.

"I don't know, maybe the weekend?" Suggested Scoops.

"But she could have used her evil ray by then." Said Tobey as he pulled at his hair.

"Tobey, you look stressed. Maybe you should calm down." Said Violet.

"How can I be calm? The love of my life had been kidnapped by some crazy alien bitch who wants to get revenge and she could erase our memorie at any given time and you want me to relax?" Tobey nearly shrieked.

"Tobey, she's right. You'll never be able to save her if you can't keep a clear head. We all want to save her but do you think she lets her emotions get in the way when she's fighting crime? Speaking of, why is it really quiet right now?" Jackie was right, the city was pretty quiet. Suddenly... "Heeelp! Chuck the Evil Sandwich making Guy is ruining his brother's wedding!" Yelled the green sweater guy as he ran under the treehouse.

"You guys keep the meeting going, I got this." Said Rex as he turned into Kid Math and flew off.

"Ok, maybe not the weekend but I'm not sure if we can just save her in the span of one afternoon." Said Scoops. "And even if we did, which of us would go?"

"I'll go." Said Tobey. "I want to be sure she has a safe return and if I get grounded for getting her back then it will be worth it."

"I'll go too." Said Jackie. "I'm still new and it's not like Miss Power really knows me, so hopefully she'll never see me coming. If I can make Becky envious than I'm sure my powers can work on other aliens. Maybe with this I can begin using my powers for good."

The kids talked amongst themselves until Rex came back with a piece of cake.

"So, how did it go?" Asked Violet.

"Well, Chuck almost completely ruined his brother's wedding to Ms. Question and I convinced him that his brother minus Ms. Question equals a sad brother." Said Rex as he ate his piece of cake.

"Well, that was sweet of you." Said Jackie.

Rex just raised an eyebrow and kept eating his cake.

"I don't know what you're getting at but, ok?" Said Rex not really knowing where this was going.

"So, who's going to save Becky/ Word Girl and Bob?" Asked Rex.

"Well so far just Tobey and I." Said Jackie. "Do you want to come with us?" She asked to the rest of the group.

"Well..." Began Scoops. "I don't exactly have superpowers or a giant robot to fight with so I'd kind of slow you guys down. Also, what would I tell my parents when we get Becky back?"

"You're right about that." Said Violet. "I would have a hard time convincing my parents that I'd have helped with something like that."

"And well, my parents want me to come home early everytime after school because they are worried I will kidnapped like Becky did. so I can't really help you out there." Said TJ.

"Tobey.." Said Jackie. "You can come and help but you cannot tell your parents that you helped get her back."

"What?! Why?" Said Tobey.

"Both Rex and I have an alter ego so we can just say Becky was saved by Kid Math and Envy, but I'm not sure what your mother would do if she found out that you helped us save her."

"You're talking to the kid who is a former villain. I'm sure mother would understand that I did something wreckless and dangerous like this to save her. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time I teamed up with a superhero to help out." Said Tobey.

"When was the first time?" Asked Jackie.

"When I teamed up with Word Girl to take down Coach when he stole my plans to build a potato powered robut." Said Tobey.

"Fair enough." Said TJ. "Just when you get them back, please...just take her home first. I miss them. It's been so quiet without them at home."

"Will do." Said Rex. "Without Word Girl here to guide me, I'm not always sure what to do when fighting crime."

"What's the plan of attack?" Asked Jackie.

TO BE CONTINUED...
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment