Status: in the works

Word Girl and the Growing Envy

Chapter 2

Becky, Bob and Scoops arrived at Violet's house and they were greeted at the door by Violet's mom. "Oh hi guys, Violet is upstairs in her room. She is still slightly sick but she shouldn't be contagious."

"Thanks, Ms. Heathcliff. We brought her homework for the day." Said Scoops.

"She is so lucky to have friends like you."

They walked up the stairs to Violet's room. When they opened the door, she was lying in bed and watching TV, when she noticed them walking in. "Hey guys. How was school?"

"It was alright but I didn't know you were sick." Said Becky.

"Sorry about that, I must have fallen asleep after texting it to Scoops." Violet apologized.

"It's ok." Said Becky as she went over to hug her.

"Ok enough mushy stuff, we brought you your homework." Said Scoops.

(And I made you this get well card) Chirped Bob as he handed her the card he made.

"Aw thanks Bob, that's so thoughtful." Said Violet.

They stayed and talked for a while, and they did their homework together.

"Whoa, I have to go. If I'm late for dinner I'll be grounded." Said Scoops.

"Same. See you at school tomorrow guys." Becky waved goodbye and left.

Rather than fly home, Becky and Bob decided to walk as sort of a way for Becky to clear her thoughts.

She walked by the park and decided to sit on one of the swings and Bob just played on the playground. The playground in question was almost empty save for a couple of kids just playing.

She sighed. "I wonder why Tobey has stopped trying to destroy the city.....does it mean that he's grown up and maturing or am I reading him wrong?"

Nobody noticed that Becky was once again being watched, by someone she had just spoken with that morning.

"Why do I get the feeling that I'm being watched?" Becky questioned aloud as if she could hear the narration of this story.

"Hey, you're not the usual narrator." Said Becky, not realizing that this is a fanfic.

"Fanfic?" Becky questioned. "Oooohh. Aren't you a little old to be writing wordgirl fanfiction?" Eh probably but it's not going to stop me from shipping.

"Who is getting shipped in this story?" Shhh, it's a secret.

Becky frowned and crossed her arms but didn't say anything, knowing that her feelings would be expressed out loud.

"Come on Bob, let's go to the secret place." Said Becky to Bob.

(Ok, it'll give us a chance to work on our secret combat moves to help take down those villains. Last time we tried we didn't practice enough and I could have gotten hurt) Squeaked Bob.

"Yes, but did you die?" Said Becky thinking he was overreacting.

Bob just rolled his eyes in response but hopped on her shoulder and together they flew away to their secret hideout.

Little did they know that this person who was spying on them had heard enough to know what was going on and she snuck back home to begin plotting her evil scheme.

"Shhh! Are you trying to give me away?" Don't worry, I'm not going to reveal your identity until later.

"Good, now as you have just stated I have an evil scheme to plan." With that she got out of the bushes and straightened her clothes, when she turned around she was surprised to see Tobey standing a few feet away but

he had seen enough to know what she was plotting to do.

"What in the world?" Questioned Tobey. "I, um I...." She was at a loss for words.

"You're plotting an evil scheme?" Asked Tobey. "Yes?" She answered, not knowing where he was going with this.

"I know this is sudden seeing as we just met today and all but can you help me with something?" Asked Tobey as he twiddled his fingers.

"Is this about a girl?" She asked with her hands on her hips."

"Yes."

"Come with me, this plan sounds like fun." With that, she dragged him by the arm to her house where they began to plot something evil.

"Shhh!" They both said. Oops, sorry.

TO BE CONTINUED.
♠ ♠ ♠
I do not own Word Girl or the characters in the series just the OC Jaqueline Winchester. I would like to dedicate this chapter to Philosophical potato for coming up with the idea for the character.