Status: in the works

Word Girl and the Growing Envy

Chapter 20: It hurts but It's Necessary

Still in the treehouse...

The kids literally had just gotten out of school so they had their backpacks with them...

"Ok, look the plan is simple. Obviously Envy will have to stay and use her powers on Miss Power and one of us is going to have to go and get Word Girl and Captain Huggy Face from their prison, and another one is going to have to destroy the ray gun. Between you and me Rex, who is doing what?" Asked Tobey as he placed a hand on his chin in thought.

By this time, Violet and Scoops had gone home and so had TJ because his parents were paranoid at this point. That left just Jackie, Rex and Tobey in the treehouse.

"How about you save them and I'll take out the ray gun." Suggested Rex.

"But can we do all of this in the span of one afternoon?" Asked Tobey as he gesticulated his arms about.

"Well, if Word Girl can stop a bad guy from committing a crime all in one afternoon then we can totally save her." Said Jackie, as she cracked her knuckles.

"Very well. But there is still the problem at hand. When we used the locater we only found out that her spaceship is located in the mountains. But we don't even know what part of the mountains. And even if we could find it, Miss Power has probably placed some sort of cloaking device on it or we would have heard people talking about a spaceship being high up in the mountains." Said Tobey with his hand on his chin in thought. "And even if we do find it with said cloaking device on it how do we know that we can get close enough to it to even climb aboard without setting off an intruder alert or something?"

"You actually make a good point." Said Rex. "But let's take this into consideration. My guess is that Miss Power's spaceship is on the mountains but not in the low part because even with a cloaking device to make it invisible someone would have at least felt it by now or set off the intruder alert if the ship does have one. My guess is that her spaceship is higher up the mountain, away from the hiking trails, picnic areas, and camping areas. The probability of that being true is at least 1 to 10. (Lol, I don't know shit about probability but let's just say this totally makes sense because he is Kid Math) And if it does have a cloaking device, can't we just deactivate it?"

"Well, that's going to be a bit hard considering we can't really see it." Said Tobey a bit annoyed. "But for today, since we have like.....1 hour until we all have to be home for dinner, let us explore the mountains for a bit?"

"I've got time to do that." Said Jackie. "I never really did many evil things to even be considered a villain."

"I do too. So let's go right now." Said Rex.

And so, Jackie and Tobey left on Tobey's robot and Kid Math followed along.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the Botsford residence...

TJ had turned on the TV in hopes of finding something good to watch since he had just finished his homework when..

"Newsflash...It has been only one day since little Becky Botsford and her pet monkey Bob were seen. If you have any information on their whereabouts please contact the local police."

*Oh, Glob I hope they find her soon. People are going to start to get suspicious when they see that Word Girl isn't here to fight crime.* Thought TJ.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the mountain area....

"What exactly are we looking for?" Asked Kid Math as he flew up next to Tobey while he clutched his backpack so it wouldn't fall off.

"Well, if I had a spaceship I would probably want to land it on good flat land and not a steep hill where it could roll down or something." Responded Tobey.

Kid Math nodded and kept flying until he crashed into a tree and falling to the ground.

"Are you ok?" Jackie yelled over to him.

"I'll be fine, just need to rest a bit." Said Kid Math as he leaned against what he thought was another tree until it made a metalic sound.

In Word Girl's little prison...

Word Girl felt the ship move a bit and that scared her. What if Miss Power took off with them? What if they flew off into space and never returned? What if she never got to tell her family how much she loves them?

She thought about this until Bob looked out the window of their um cell.

He squeaked in delight when he saw that it was Kid Math and Tobey and Jackie.

(Becky, Jackie, Tobey and Kid Math have come.) Said Bob happily.

Word Girl walked over to the window and sure enough there they were. "It's no use I can't exactly contact them and the walls are coated with lexonite from the outside so I can't just break through them. The only thing not covered in lexonite is...the floors and ceilings but even I do break through those how will I know she won't be waiting for me at the other end with more lexonite?" (I'm making this up on the spot because if they were regular walls I'm sure she would have broken out by now)

(Well, it can hurt you but it can't hurt them. I felt the slight movement of the ship just now too and I think it was Kid Math who moved it just slightly because as you and I both know Tobey doesn't exactly have super strength and neither does Jackie. They'll rescue us, Becky. I know they will.) Bob squeaked.

Back outside...

"Guys, I think I found something." Said Kid Math calling them over.

Tobey and Jackie were let down by the robot and walked over to him.

"What did you find?" Asked Tobey.

"This." Said Rex as he knocked on what looked like thin air but turned out to be an outer panel of the spaceship. He must have hit it too hard because he opened up a panel in the bottom of the ship. Tobey walked over to it and examined it.

"Hmm, it looks like a sort of ventilation shaft. Perhaps we can climb through it, tomorrow when we go to save her." Said Jackie.

"But I want to save her nowww." Whined Tobey.

"Not until we have a good battle plan. We can't just waltz in there and do anything serious. We might get caught, and you need to calm down. I want to save her too but we can't save her if we all get captured." Said Jackie, putting a hand on his shoulder.

Using his special goggles, Tobey was able to calculate how big the ship is and he quickly drew out a sketch of the ship's schematics. He used the heat seeking button to seek out where Becky and Bob were. From the looks of it, they were both ok, but Becky's body heat was low meaning she was getting to be cold.

"Let's go, I have all that I need to figure out a plan of attack." Said Tobey as he put away his papers and pencil in his backpack and pressed a button on his watch. He's learned to go more portable now so he doesn't have to carry around a big remote.

His giant robut picked him up and placed him on it's shoulder. He pressed the button again and the robut did the same thing with Jackie.

He dropped her off at home and Rex left to go to his respective living place. Tobey's emotions were pretty somber for he knew that tomorrow shit was going down.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THURSDAY AFTERNOON...

Day 3 and Word Girl was getting real bored here. *Is this what it's like to be in jail?* She thought to herself.

There was only one bed and it was pretty creaky. She loathed having to share it with Captain Huggy Face but it's not like they had a choice.

At TJ's treehouse...Envy, Kid Math and Tobey were more than ready to take down Miss Power and save Word Girl.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TO BE CONTINUED..
♠ ♠ ♠
.Sorry if this chapter was boring but the next chapter is going to be filled with more action. But so while watching an episode of Word Girl my sister came up with a fan theory....could Doctor Two Brains be Tobey's dad? Please comment why or why not in the comments.