Status: in the works

Word Girl and the Growing Envy

Chapter 22

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Envy, Kid Math, and Tobey brought Word Girl and Captain Huggy Face....er..Becky Botsford and Bob back to the Botsford residence.

"Should we go with the plan that we discussed?" Asked Becky, nervously fidgeting as she twiddled her fingers and then she looked back up. As soon as she changed back into her civilian disguise everyone saw that her clothes were ripped and dirty and her hair was a mess. Her cheeks were a bit sunken in from not having eaten for those hours she was knocked out by the Lexonite but over all she was in good health.

Bob looked about the same. He was thrilled to finally be out of that cage.

Kid Math flew up to the doorbell and rang it.

"Yes? Can I help you?" Asked Mr. Botsford as he answered the door.

"Mr. Botsford, we have found your daughter Becky and her pet monkey." Said Kid Math as he moved aside and let Becky walk over to her father.

Mr. Botsford wasted no time and ushered them all inside where TJ and Mrs. Botsford were on the couch watching TV. Their eyes lit up when they saw Becky and Bob.

Her parents rushed over to hug her. TJ ran over to hug Bob. "Oh Becky, we thought that we would never see you again." Cried Sally Botsford as she stroked her hair.

"How did you guys find her?" Asked TJ. "And who's that??" He asked, pointing to Envy. "And...Tobey? You helped find them too? What happened?"

"I'm Envy." Said Envy plainly.

"They helped out a lot because I.." (Ahem) Bob fake coughed. "We were kidnapped by Miss Power when she came back to earth to look for revenge on Word Girl. Since she knows we are friends with Word Girl she threatened to erase our memories of you, but they.." She said gesturing to Tobey, Kid Math and Envy. "Saved me before she could do any damage but she got away." Becky might have tweaked the truth a bit but it's not like her parents would let her out anymore like at all if she told them the truth.

"Well, all that matters is that you're both at home, safe and sound." Said Sally Botsford, as she clasped her hands together in joy.

"Thanks for bringing them home Tobey, Kid Math and Envy was it?" Said Tim Botsford, scratching his head a bit.

"That's right, sir." Said Envy, formally placing her hands behind her back.

"Sorry to say this, but I think we should go." Said Tobey, pretending to look at his watch. Envy and Kid Math quickly understood and left to give them some family time.

"Thank you so much Tobey. I'll be sure to let your mother know of your good deed." Said Sally Botsford as they walked out, leaving the Botsfords at home. Tobey made sure to keep his robot invisible until they shut the door so Mrs. Botsford wouldn't get scared. As soon as they were gone she began examining Becky.

"Mom, I know I just got home but can you um...give me half an hour to shower and change out of these clothes? I've been wearing them for the past few days."

"Of course dear. When you're done come back downstairs and eat dinner, you look malnourished." Said Sally Botsford as she let her go upstairs to shower and change.

Becky went upstairs to the bathroom. As soon as she looked in the mirror, she saw what her mom meant. Her cheeks were a bit sunken in and she had dark circles under her eyes. Since applying makeup was like an art Violet was good at contouring and Becky never really wore any because she was bad at it, so she had no idea how to cover up those dark circles.

After showering and changing, she felt a lot cleaner. On her way downstairs, she passed by Bob who was also going to shower and change.

As soon as she got downstairs, her parents piled up her plate with food. She wasn't complaining, although Miss Power did feed her, it was always the same thing.

She would have began eating like a ravenous wolf but she remembered her table manners and took small, delicate bites to keep conversation flowing.

"So.." Began Tim Botsford as he picked at his dinner. "How exactly did she kidnap you two in the first place?"

"I was walking home from Jackie's house with Bob when I was knocked out and I guess so was Bob and we woke up in a cell that was in Miss Power's spaceship. She told us that if we didn't tell her where Word Girl was she would erase my memories of everyone I know and love."

"That horrible, meany!" Shouted Sally Botsford. "Oh that reminds me, excuse me but I have to make a call." With that she raced off to locate the house phone.

"She sounds like she was out to get revenge. And you never told her where Word Girl is?" Said TJ as he ate a forkful of food.

"Nope, I never cracked." Said Becky as she continued eating.

Soon enough, Sally came back to enjoy dinner with her family and Bob came back down looking clean as a whistle.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
At Tobey's house...

"Thank you Sally." Said Claire McCallister as she hung up the phone. She waited for Tobey to come home as she sat on the couch in the livingroom, since it was like the first room you had to go through when entering their house. Not long after, she heard the front door open as Tobey came in.

"Gah!" Tobey jumped when he noticed his mother sitting there. It reminded him of his childhood when she would do that ear pulling thing. "Oh h-hello mother. I haven't done anything to anyone recently that would land me in jail. Just so you know."

"Well as happy as I am to here that, I wanted to discuss something else with you. Please sit down." She gestured towards the coach seat next to her.

Tobey just walked over and sat down, feeling nervous because he had no idea what she wanted to talk to him about.

"I just got a call from Sally Botsford...and she called to tell me that you were a part of a team that found and brought home her daugher and her pet monkey. I know you had to do it with at least one robot and I want to say......I'm proud of you Theodore. You have proven that you have matured and you have shown the Botsfords that you care about her deeply if you were willing to risk your life to save her from someone as evil as Miss Power despite the fact that you are just a mere human, but not just any human a genius and...my son. It makes me happy to see you using your robuts to achieve things such as this and I want you to continue to flourish." She had tears of joy streaming down her face and she pulled him in for a tight hug, which he gladly returned.
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
At Jackie's home...

Jackie was tired from the events that took place earlier that day. All she wanted to do now was take a shower and go to bed.

Before she could do so, she found her father waiting for her in the kitchen.

"Dad, you're home early." She said, trying not to show her surprise.

"I got a call from the Botsfords about how you...well Envy helped to bring their daughter home. I know you must have used your powers in one way or another in order to help out and I have to say...although I never really wanted you to use them ever again you went against my wishes and betrayed me...for that, I am proud of you Jackie." He said as he walked up to his daughter to give her a hug.

"H-Huh?" Asked Jackie, confused at the sudden affection. Her father hardly ever hugged her, so this was a rarity for her.

"Envy or not, I'm glad that Becky and her pet monkey have returned home. If that were you I would be devestated. You're everything I have right now but....there might be someone else joining our family I'm just surprised you haven't used your powers to drive her away yet."

"What do you mean?" Asked Jackie, not really understanding what he meant.

"Well....you may or may not know this but I have been dating Tobey's mom for some time and....I'm thinking about proposing to her, but in the future if we can make it work. We get along great and, I've noticed that you get along well with Tobey, but my question is...Would you be alright with that?" He asked, looking her in the eyes.

Jackie sighed. "Ever since mom died, it hasn't been the same. And I know she died before she could teach me how to get a proper grip on my powers but I had to learn how to train myself on my own....I've had to do a lot of things on my own...I'm not sure if I'm ready to have another mother figure in my life..."

Dean sighed as he turned away from her, thinking that she was shutting out the idea altogether.

"But.." She said as she placed a hand on his shoulder. "That doesn't mean that I don't want to give Claire a chance. I know that Tobey is a former villain so he must have been a handful at a young age...so, a tough woman like her should have no problem dealing with someone as devious as me as her step-daughter." She hugged him from behind, and after her little speech he was shocked. Jackie never really approved of his relationships with other women.

"Why the sudden change of heart?" Asked Dean as he turned around to hug his daughter better.

"Perhaps, it is time for me to have a feminine figure in my life and I don't know much about mother-daughter relationships but I want to start now...before it's too late. And besides, Tobey would make an awesome brother."

They hugged it out a bit more before going to the livingroom to watch TV.
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
TO BE CONTINUED....NO JOKE
♠ ♠ ♠
I do not own Word Girl lalala..you know where I'm going with this. Thank you to all of you who have commented on the last chapter and all the other chapters. It really makes me smile when I see you guys commenting on this story. With that being said...we are almost at an end here....but I think I might just do a sequel...since it was so much fun to work on this one. Haha. Hopefully the title of the sequel will make more sense than this one. Originally I was going to make Envy the main antagonist, she was going to be even more evil and not have dream powers just the power to make people envious but I added the dream power because I made it up as I went along and I just liked the way it sounded. but like I have written here she was still going to use her powers of envy to make Becky realize that she does love Tobey and wants to establish a relationship with him, she's just too stubborn to admit it and she kept denying her feelings because like I said before...she was a hero and he was a villain. But since in this fanfic Tobey has...matured so to speak...he's more understanding and patient than he was when he was younger. He's no longer creating robuts just to get Word Girl's attention. Ok now I'm just rambling on so without further ado, let's get on with the chapter...Sorry if this chapter was short. In all honesty...I have decided that I will not be writing a sequel to this after all but I might change my mind about that later, I'm very indecisive about these kinds of things. Thank you to everyone for reading this and commenting on it. I love you guys. Last week I saw fanart for a show called Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir and I got hooked. So rather than write a sequel to this fanfic, I am working on a crossover fanfic in which Ladybug and Chat Noir find themselves in Ponyville as ponies. Sorry to anyone who might have wanted a sequel, if you do pleasse let me know. Buut, just because of that, this fanfic will be ending in the next few chapters and will contain a lot of fluff in those chapters. If I do write a sequel Tobey and Becky are going to be in college and trying to make their relationship work. Thank you so much for reading this. PLEASE COMMENT