Status: in the works

Word Girl and the Growing Envy

Chapter 24: Short Fight Scene

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Becky and Bob ran underneath a nearby table to transform, meanwhile Rex ran to the bathroom to transform. Scoops, Violet and Tobey and the other kids were all rounded up in the center of the gym by the henchmen while Doctor Two Brains pigged out on the cheese. The henchmen had their guns pointed at the kids, threatening to turn the hair gel in their hair to cheese cream if they didn't hand over their jewelry. The only person they couldn't get jewelry from was Eileen who threatened to hulk out on them if they did.

A couple seconds later, Word Girl, Captain Huggy Face and Kid Math arrived to take care of Two Brains.

"Why are you even here Doctor Two Brains?" Asked Word Girl, in a really annoyed tone because fighting villains was the last thing that she wanted to do tonight.

"I'm not Doctor Two Brains, I'm Squeaky!" Proclaimed Squeaky, in his annoyingly high pitched voice.

"Who's squeaky?" Asked Kid Math, quickly looking around. "And where's Jackie?"

Word Girl glanced over to the kids and noticed that Jackie was not with them. "I dunno, bathroom break?" She suggested, trying to keep Squeaky's attention on them because Jackie might come back out as Envy. And she was right. Word Girl sighed feeling slightly angry. Squeaky didn't work out the first time so what was going to be so different this time?

Coming out of the bathroom door, was not Jackie but Envy.

"Who is this?" Asked Squeaky, gesturing to Envy.

"I am Envy, I can make people feel envy." Said Envy proudly, not mentioning the part where she can control dreams.

Squeaky rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Sounds like a pretty lame power to have, kid. Now go join your friends and hand over your valuables." He said, pointing a sort of ray gun at her.

"What does this ray gun do?" Asked Kid Math.

"This ray gun turns valuables like jewelry into cheese." Said Squeaky, as he laughed maniacally.

"Crap! Every girl tonight is wearing jewelry!" Said Word Girl. "From necklaces to earrings to bracelets to even anklets. Oh, this is going to be a long night."

(Superhero huddle) Squeaked Huggy.

"What did the monkey say?" Asked Envy, confused because she could not speak monkey.

"His name is Huggy for your information and he said that we superheroes should do a group huddle. Time out squeaky!" Said Word Girl giving Envy some attitude from the way she just called Huggy a monkey. Squeaky shrugged nonchalantly and went on eating cheese, while his henchmen went on to collect the jewelry from the partygoers.

Envy rolled her eyes and walked over to the other two heroes who had both stopped floating to land a distance away from the villains.

"Wait, so does this mean that you're a hero?" Asked Kid Math to his dance date.

"Well I was never a villain to begin with so...yes?" Said Envy, not really understanding on what side she stood on either. But she knew that she did not want to be a villain. She liked helping out her friends and after helping to save Word Girl that one time, she had decided that being a hero and using her powers for good was what she wanted to do.

"What's the plan?" Asked Kid Math.

"Well...hmm..." Thought Word Girl.

(I've got a plan!) Squeaked Huggy excitedly.

"Huh?" Asked Envy, still not understanding what he said.

"He said that he has a plan." Said Word Girl, placing her hands on her hips.

"Well, can you translate what he says for us?" Asked Envy, crossing her arms to show that she too could be sassy.

"Yeah, sure." Said Word Girl, huffing a bit because she was getting a bit tired of Envy's attitude.

(Ok, so Envy can use her powers on Squeaky and make him become envious of Doctor Two Brains always having control of the body meanwhile you and me take care of the henchmen while Kid Math helps rescue the kids.)

After Word Girl told them Huggy's plan they all came to the unanimous decision to go with Huggy's plan since they didn't really have a plan to go with.

"We can't afford to waste anymore time, let's go!" Said Envy.

"Right." Said Word Girl for once agreeing with what she said and put her annoyance for Envy aside to deal with the real problem.

They joined their hands together in the center and then released them.

Everyone quickly flew or ran to what they were to do.

Envy quickly ran over to Squeaky and outstretched her palms out to him and the mouse brain in control began crying a bit.

"It's not fair that he gets full control of the body all the time and I only get to control what he eats! It's not fair, it's not fair, it's not fair!" He began throwing a tantrum, instead of eating more cheese and Envy was surprised she could even make the mouse brain feel anything at all.

Word Girl and Captain Huggy Face quickly disarmed the henchmen and tied them up with the banners from the dance. Word Girl snatched up the sack that they had been using to throw jewelry into.

"Kid Math, catch!" Said Word Girl, throwing the sacks over to Kid Math.

"Is everyone alright?" Asked Kid Math, scanning the crowd for anyone that might be injured. Among the group of students, were some teachers that had been chaperoning. Most people nodded, but most of the girls were pissed that their jewelry had been taken. Kid Math began to hand everyone back their jewelry and other valuables.

"Wait a minute." Said Word Girl amidst the chaos. "This was all solved easily....too easily....." But as soon as she said that, the door to the gym burst open and in came, Lady Redundant Woman, the Butcher, and a giant robot?

Word Girl quickly flew over to the crowd of students and teachers and quickly spotted Tobey, who looked just as confused as she was.

"Tobey, I thought you were done with being evil. You promised me. Why is one your robots attacking the school?" She asked in confusion and a bit of hurt in her voice.

"Although that is indeed one of my robuts, I'm not the one controlling it this time." He clasped her hands in his and gave her a reasurring squeeze. He lowered his voice a bit for this part. "I promised your family that I wouldn't go back to my evil ways. And I don't intend on breaking that promise if it means losing you." Word Girl wanted to kiss him but then she remembered that he is dating Becky Botsford not Word Girl so she hugged him instead.

"But, if you're not controlling it then who?" Before she could finish that sentence, the robut just walked to the middle of the room and began walking towards Tobey's general direction.

"Kid Math, Envy, let's get these people out of here, it's not safe for anyone to be here with that robot here and it's our duty to protect them." Said Word Girl as she went to pick up Tobey but before she could he said.

"Wait a minute, I would know that robut anywhere, but it can't be him.." Said Tobey, not caring that Lady Redundant Woman and the Butcher had gotten Squeaky and his henchmen and just left the scene leaving them to deal with the robut. (Haha, were you expecting a longer fight scene, because I was and I really didn't know what to write for that part so that's why it's so short sorry.)

TO BE CONTINUED....
♠ ♠ ♠
I do not own Word Girl bla bla bla you get it. Anyways, wow I mostly wrote this because I was inspired to by watching Word Girl. I was not expecting this many comments but in all honesty the main reason I don't want to continue this is because I feel like without drama it will soon get pretty boring and you guys the readers would lose interest and not want to read it. Although, I am realizing that we still don't know where Envy/Jackie completely stands. Sure, she helped get Becky back but that was because she is her friend. But is Envy truly a hero or a misundersood villain? Yes, she has powers but she's never used them to hurt anyone at least not intentionally it was mostly an accident because she didn't know how to completely control her powers. And because she doesn't have a full grasp on her powers I'm not going to have her run away like in Frozen, although I'm not sure how to go about having her learn to control them unless.....muahahahaha! You'll just have to wait and see what happens at the end of this story.....screw it....there will be a sequel.....with one or two more characters added to the mix but they are characters that have been talked about in this fanfic very briefly..if you think you know who I mean then by all means try to guess who in the comments. Ah, this intro was too long but without further ado let's get on with this chapter. The reason I chose Doctor Two Brains as this villain was completely random and I forgot about the other villains. Oops.