Status: in the works

Word Girl and the Growing Envy

Chapter 27: Shortest Chapter in this Fanfic

Several months later.........

Becky and her group of friends had just finished taking their midterms and were excited for winter break. But the snow didn't stop Word Girl and Captain Huggy Face from fighting crime.

Although they were excited, Becky couldn't help but feel sad that Tobey wasn't trying to reach out to his father...it had been 4 months since they had last spoken and she wanted to try to convince him to reach out.

Tobey and Becky were on their usual library date, where they would go to the library together and get lost in a book as they read it together....halfway through this week's book however...Becky asked what she was afaid to ask.

"Tobey?" Becky asked, looking over to him and placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Hm?" He asked looking up at her.

"I know it's a sensitive subject but....don't you think you should at least give your dad a chance?" She asked, trying not to upset him.

Tobey frowned and said, "Look, I know that you want me to...mother wants me to and I can't...he went to jail because he enjoyed destroying things with his robuts..." He looked mad by the end.

"But.." She began but he cut her off. This wouldn't be the first time she had tried to bring this up but each time she tried, he would always find an excuse or change the subject.

"Becky...I said no... I know you're trying to help but you're not. You don't know what it's like to have one of your parents just abandon you like that....you don't even know your birth parents!" He yelled at her in anger.

She gasped at what he said and quickly packed up her belongings.

"Where are you going?" Asked Tobey.

"I get that you're upset that your father is back in your life but I was only trying to help. And you're right, I don't understand and I don't know my birth parents and it will always haunt me, but you don't have to be a jerk and remind me." She walked away but he grabbed her wrist, making her stay.

"I'm...sorry." He began.

"Maybe we should take a break." Said Becky, referring to their reading date.

"Are you saying that we should break up?" Asked Tobey, with worry in his voice.

"No..." She held both of his hands in hers and she looked him in the eyes. "I meant from reading the book. I would never break up with you over one fight. I care about you too much to leave you to do this alone."

"Will you come with me to talk to my father?" Asked Tobey. Becky replied by hugging him tight.

"Of course." She said.

Bob soon came over with a book in his hands. (What happened? Did he hurt you? I heard yelling?) He asked as he struck ninja move poses with the book still in his hands.

"It's nice that you care so much Bob, but false alarm. We're ok now. But thank you for being concerned." Said Becky as she walked over and hugged Bob.

As they hugged, Bob looked over to Tobey and gave him a smirk that said 'See that? She's my girl too.' Tobey just rolled his eyes at Bob's behavior. He understood that Becky and Bob were a team, he just wished Bob didn't have to remind him 24/7.

A short while later...

Word Girl and Captain Huggy Face flew Tobey to the adress where his father was currently living at. After quickly detransforming, they all went inside. Theodore McCallister the second was currently just staying at a hotel.

It didn't take long for them to find his door and Becky was the one to knock.

"Are you nervous?" Asked Becky to Tobey, who was currently trembling.

"I-I guess so." Said Tobey as he awaited his father to come to the door.

TO BE CONTINUED..
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for such a short chapter but on the plus side I might just write that sequel to this fanfic after all. It's going to be called Word Girl and the seven deadly sins. This is mostly going to be about Jackie and her family but Word Girl/Becky is still important in this. Basically, this is going to take place between the summer after their high school graduation but before freshman year at college. It's going to feature Jackie, Becky, Bob, and Tobey going on a road trip to find out what happened to Jackie's/ Envy's family. I know that jealousy isn't a sin but it might just not be the seven deadly sins, it will have other emotions like hatred or joy. But I might just stick to the seven deadly sins only if that gets too out of hand..I would have Rex/ Kid Math join the road trip but if he goes, who's going to stay behind and protect the city? Or I might just have the villains be chill enough to not cause any harm during that summer. I don't know yet. Should Violet and Scoops go on this road trip too? Let me know in the comments.