Status: in the works

Word Girl and the Growing Envy

Chapter 28: We Fight But Make Up

Tobey began to visibly shake and Becky squeezed his hand to comfort him.

"Tobey, it's just your dad." Said Becky as she kept squeezing but not too hard because the last thing she wanted was to hurt him.

*Maybe if Becky squeezes my hand hard enough I'll have an excuse to leave and...* Before Tobey could finish his thought he heard his father say. "I'm coming. Just cleaning up a bit here, don't think I forgot about you."

Finally, after waiting for what felt like an eternity, the door opened and standing before the trio was none other than Theodore McCallister the second.

"Ah, Tobey you have finally come to talk eh?" He began but narrowed his eyes a bit when he saw Becky. "Who is this girl with you..she looks a bit like that Word Girl person I saw you with the last time I saw you."

"Father, can we go inside? It's rather chilly out here and.." Began Tobey who was quickly interrupted by his own father. "Say no more, come in."

Soon enough, they were all seated around the room. Since it wasn't that big of a hotel room Becky and Bob sat on the bed and Tobey and his father sat on the only two chairs in the room.

"Now then, I know you probably still hate me but why exactly have you come here?" Asked Tobey's father as he placed one elbow on an arm rest and rested that hand on his chin.

"I just want to know..." Tobey began softly and almost quietly. "Why did you ever teach me about robuts? Were you trying to make me like you?!" He yelled the last part, tears already filling his eyes.

"In all honesty, my son...not really. It wasn't me who chose to teach you about robuts, you had asked me to even at a young age. Although why did you start using your giant robuts to crash the city..I wonder?"

Tobey told his father all about how he did it to get Word Girl's attention and he managed to calm down enough to not yell anymore. But because he was feeling a bit uneasy being so close to his father, Tobey managed to convince Bob to switch seats with him so now Bob was sitting on the chair next to Tobey's father and Tobey was sitting on the bed next to Becky.

"I have to say during all of this...how did you end up dating Word Girl herself?" Asked his dad as he was referring to Becky who blushed and began saying. "I'm not Word Girl."

Theodore McCallister the third just laughed and responded with. "You're joking, right?" He kept on laughing until he noticed that no one else was laughing.

"Seriously?" He asked gesturing to Becky and Bob. "How many other girls with the same build, height, skin and hair color, vocabulary skills as Word Girl with a pet monkey are in this city? Plus, you really need to change your hairstyle or something when you're Becky or Word Girl because you look like you could be Word Girl's long lost twin or something. My son dating an alien girl who is also a superhero...what a time to be alive." Said Tobey's father with a smile on his face.

After seeing Becky and Bob exchange horrified glances he said: "Look, if you're worried about me telling people about your secret identity then calm down because if my son can keep your secret than I can to. How many other people know about this little secret of yours?" Asked Tobey's father as he raised an eyebrow to Becky.

"Just my friends and my brother.." Said Becky a bit bashfully.

"Wait...you mean to tell me that not even your parents know that you're Word Girl?" He asked her.

"Well no..because do you have any idea how often they would let me go out if they knew that? They would put me on lock down for fear of me getting hurt and they would have probably never approved of my relationship with Tobey because he started off as my nemesis."

"I ship it." Sang Theodore McCallister the second. "But tell me my dear boy..how is your mother?" He asked as he just blinked at Tobey.

"Well.....she's been seeing someone." Said Tobey. "And as far as I know this has been her only relationship since, well, you." He said.

"Oh." TMTS said a bit sadly. (TMTS= Theodore McCallister The Second, I just don't want to write all that out every time because I'm lazy.) Truth be told...he was still in love with his ex even though they never really divorced. He had been hoping that she would wait for him to get out of jail and maybe they could rekindle what they had. He felt like a fool now. If only he hadn't used his robuts to cause harm in order to get her attention maybe then he would have never lost her the way she did. He only hoped that this new guy was treating her the way she deserves.

TO BE CONTINUED..
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for writing like the shortest chapter in this fanfic I have really bad writer's block for this fanfic. But what I am going to say is this...in the next chapter Becky and friends are going to a convention in their city where they are going to do a Word Girl panel and I want you guys to post your questions in the comments section for the characters to answer in this pretend panel. By Word Girl Panel, I am going to only talk about the main cast of characters which is Becky/Word Girl, Bob/Captain Huggy Face, Tobey, Jackie/Envy, and Rex/Kid Math since they are pretty much the main characters in this fanfic. If you have any questions you want to ask them now's your chance and I will try to answer those questions as close to the character as I can so please send me your questions and you don't have to use your real names because I'll just post your user names when asking these questions. If you don't get what I'm talking about please don't be afraid to ask me.