Status: in the works

Word Girl and the Growing Envy

chapter 29: Costumes and Flashbacks Part 1

Theodore McCallister the second had kept his word about keeping Becky's secret identity a secret.

It was Saturday and it was just a few days before Christmas. Becky had gotten Tobey something she knew he would love and Tobey only hoped that Becky would appreciate his gift.

He was having such a fun time celebrating the holidays with her. He remembered when they celebrated Halloween together that year...

(Flashback)

It was October 31st and Becky and Tobey decided to do a couples costume since it was their first time celebrating a holiday as a couple.

They decided to go as Ladybug and Cat Noir. (I have been binge watching that show and it's actually pretty good. So good I began writing a fanfic about it)

Tobey's mom had given their close group of friends permission to use Tobey's house for a costume party.

Bob was helping to decorate while Becky...helped make the food since she wasn't so good at decorating.

Tobey was upstairs helping his mother find her left shoe..

As he looked under the bed, his mother talked to him.

"Now Tobey, I don't want you to make a mess of the house. I expect you and your friends to leave this house as clean as it was when I left. I will be back home at around midnight and I expect everyone to be home by then. If not I will be very annoyed."

"Yes, mother." Said Tobey as he finally found the shoe and handed it to her.

"Thank you Tobey. Now be responsible and remember to have fun. I'll see you either later tonight or tomorrow." With that, she picked up her purse and left the house to attend her own costume party.

Tobey went back downstairs to find Becky sitting on a couch and she looked like she was thinking really hard about something...

Tobey walked over to her and put a hand on her shoulder, startling her from her daze.

"Are you ok?" Asked Tobey to the distracted teen.

"I've been thinking.." Said Becky... *Oh, Glob I know where this is going* Thought Tobey, thinking that she was really going to break up with him this time. *I haven't exactly been the best boyfriend. I can't believe I almost forgot about her birthday and had to find out through TJ.* Speaking of which, TJ was in the bathroom but he was really just sitting on the toilet and on his phone. Bob was now angrily knocking on the bathroom door needing to use it too. Just because he wore a diaper doesn't mean that he doesn't have dignity, Bob liked to use the toilet for his monkey business.

"Tobey...." She began and Tobey almost fainted from shock. "With your criminal record, won't it be almost impossible for us to go to the same college?" Tobey let out the breath he didn't know he was holding.

"You're right about that part but why would we go to the same college?" He asked her, making her eyes widen in shock and anger towards him for not wanting to go to the same college.

"W-what I mean is....with your extensive knowledge of vocabulary and my extensive knowledge on robuts, it's quite obvious that we won't be studying the same things and we'd probably have to go to different universities in order to achieve that." Said Tobey saving himself from her glare.

"I guess you're right." Said Becky. "But...it would be nice to at least have one person that I know there. I mean..Violet and Scoop are going to different universities and...yeah...."

Tobey picked up her hands in his and he intertwined their fingers. "Becky, we're still sophomores in high school, we won't have to worry about choosing a college until next year. But I assure you I will search for a college that has what we both need and honestly...I feel like your parents will thank me if we do go to college together. But for now, can we focus on the present? I want to spend my first Halloween with my beautiful girlfriend."

Becky surprised him by tackling him to the ground in a hug. "Oomph!" Said Tobey as the air was knocked out of him.

"Sorry, I got excited." Said Becky as she leaned forward instead of getting off him and kissed him on the lips. Tobey's back was still hurting a bit from the hug but he kissed her back. Becky hadn't noticed that she was straddling him at this point, making their embrace look innapropriate from anyone else's point of view.

They both stopped mid kiss when they heard a loud cough, like they were loudly clearing their throat. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything." Said an slightly agitated TJ who was coming down the stairs and saw his sister straddling her boyfriend. Becky quickly flew off of him and helped him up. Both teens were blushing furiously at being caught in such a provocative position.

Before TJ could say anything else, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." Said Tobey, trying to escape TJ's glare.

It was the pizza man....and it was actually..."Doctor Two Brains?" Asked Tobey, clearly confused as to why the super villain was on his door step, delivering pizza.

"My evil lab isn't going to fund itself." Said Two Brains eye rolling into another dimension. "That'll be 50 bucks for all these pizzas." Said Two Brains as he brought in the five pizzas that Tobey ordered and placed them on the livingroom table not noticing the stare off between Becky and TJ. Bob was now in the bathroom, happily doing his business.

Tobey counted out the right amount and paid him for the pizzas plus tip. "How have things been?" Asked Tobey to his former friend, trying to make small talk.

Two Brains shrugged. "Eh.....they've been rather slow......but this job is torture! So much wonderful cheese that I can't eat because I have to deliver it if I want to get money for it..." Said Two Brains, mostly just wanting to leave and go make the next delivery.

"Ah, ok. I shall go back inside and you should probably get back to work." Said Tobey, taking the pizzas from his hand. "It was nice seeing you." He said.

"You too kid." Said Two Brains, waving as he walked back to his car, getting in and driving away.

A little while later, Scoops and Violet arrived. They were dressed as Jake from Adventure Time and Lady Rainicorn.

Finally, Rex and Becky showed up dressed as their alter egos: Kid Math and Envy.

When Becky asked Envy why they didn't want to go as something her answer was... "We were so busy studying that we completely forgot. Also, these aren't our costumes they're exact replicas I designed."

"So you pretty much look the same just without the powers?" TJ stated bluntly, earning an eyebrow raise from Becky.

What Becky and her friends didn't know was that their night was about to get weird...

TO BE CONTINUED...
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Glob, guys I'm so sorry for not having updated in so long. Recently I got a new phone that I can do a lot of things on. But I still write these fanfics from my laptop. I have been busy packing for vacation and I will be gone all of next month and I won't be back until July. I will try to update from my phone as soon as I can figure out how to do that but for now I will see just how I will make the next part of this chapter to be intersting. I love you guys so much for all the support and stuff. Please comment, complain, criticize and compliment in the comments section. See you in the next chapter!!!