Status: in the works

Word Girl and the Growing Envy

chapter 32: Christmas party

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Just like the Halloween party, all their friends came over.

First came Rex and Jackie who were wearing matching Christmas sweaters. They were red and had green sequined trees.

Then Scoops and Violet came. Scoops brought over his camera to take pictures of his friends with.

"Hello everyone and welcome to my very first Christmas party. If you would please follow me to the kitchen so that we can begin frosting the cookies."

Tobey took everyone to the kitchen where he was removing Christmas cookies from the oven. Bob helped out by attemoting to turn off the timer but had to get some help from TJ. Becky and friends were waiting for them

to cool so that they could frost them. Together, they frosted little cookie trees, ornaments, reindeer, stars, candy canes, bells, snowflakes, and little angels. It would have been ok if Bob hadn't eaten most of the frosting.

As usual, Violet and Scoops made the best looking cookies, Jackie, TJ and Tobey's were so-so, Bob's cookies looked just ok, and Becky's were.....well, just a straight up fail.

"Hey!" Becky glared at the author, crossing her arms and pouting. "They're not that bad..." She said as she looked at the weird looking angel that had lopsided eyes and a crooked smile.

"Ok, maybe they're bad but I've gotten better at it lately. I've been practicing." I've noticed. "Thank you." That wasn't a compliment, more like an observation.

Becky rolled her eyes and continued to frost the remaining cookies. After they finished they set them aside. They didn't get to finish frosting all of them because of Bob eating most of the frosting. But they tasted alright even

without the frosting.

Just as they were making their way to the livingroom to exchange gifts, Becky stopped Tobey in the doorway. "This has been going alright so far. Are there any more guest that I should know about?" She asked him

nonchalantly.

"Not really, all the villains are elsewhere for their Christmas vacation. Two Brains and Lady Redundant woman are up in the mountains sharing a cabin with Rhyme and Reason. (I barely saw that episode today) Everyone

else is spending it with their families." Tobey suddenly gasped.

"What's wrong?" Becky asked, confused.

Tobey pointed above them where Bob had hung up some mistletoe when they were decorating the day before.

Becky gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"You call that a kiss?" Tobey smirked at her, raising his eyebrows suggestively.

Becky rolled her eyes and grinned before she took him by surprise and dipped him low, bringing her lips to his for a short but passionate kiss.

"Whoa." Tobey blushed when she let him go. "That was.....awesome. You're a good kisser." Becky was the one blushing now.

"Can you two stop making out and come exchange gifts already?" Asked TJ, making both teens laugh awkwardly and then they walked to the livingroom where earlier they had placed their gifts under the tree when they

came in.

Being the host, Tobey went to look under the tree for the gifts that were about to be handed out to his friends. He frowned when he noticed that some of them didn't have tags to indicate who they were for and he forgot

which presents had been already under the tree before his friends came over.

Not thinking much of it, he picked up a small wrapped box and handed it to TJ.

"Not really sure what this is but Merry Christmas." He said as he handed TJ the small box.

"Oh boy! I hope there's something in there." TJ tore off the wrapping paper and to Tobey's horror it was a box of liquor flavored chocolates.

"Alchohol flavored chocolates?" TJ asked confused. "When am I ever going to use this?" Tobey quickly snatched the box out of his hands and replaced it with a present that actually had TJ's name on it.

Violet and Becky were shocked to watch TJ unwrap a box of liquor flavored chocolates. Scoops was confused on how it got there. Jackie was trying not to laugh because she didn't want to anger Becky and Tobey was

mortified that that was even under there. Rex had gone to the bathroom to not have to come up with a reaction to that.

"Um..." Tobey tried to come up with a reason why that would be there, but could not. "They're someone else's....." He said as he turned several shades of red.

(That's what you and Tobey do when I'm not there?) a now enraged Bob screeched to a still shocked Becky who turned bright red upon hearing this comment from Bob.

"No, it's not like that." Becky said, shakily. She wished that melting into the ground was an option.

"Sorry about that." Tobey said, placing the small box in his back pocket. "I'll be back, I just need to put this upstairs." He quickly dashed up the stairs to put the liquor flavored chocolates somwhere else and he was still very

red in the face.

By this point Becky was mortified. She was worried that TJ would tell their parents that Tobey had liquor flavored chocolates but she really needed to calm down because it was a simple mistake.

Tobey had returned just as quickly as he left. "Moving on.." He picked up a different gift and handed it to Violet.

"I wonder what this could be.." She said as she delicately removed the wrapping paper from the package and she neatly folded it into a pile beside her.

"It's the new paint set that I've been wanting for a while now. Thank you secret santa." She smiled as she opened it and examined each paint.

Tobey handed another small box to Scoops. He hoped that it was something else this time.

Scoops neatly removed the wrapping paper and pulled out a sim card for 8 GB. "Awesome, now I have room for more photos on my camera." He picked up his camera and snapped a few quick pics of his friends who

dramarically posed for a few.

The next gift, he handed to Jackie. "I wonder what this could be." She quickly opened the box and found, the complete 9th season of Supernatural. "Awesome!" Said Jackie.

Tobey handed one to Rex who had just come back from the bathroom.

"A dictionary?" He questioned, no doubt about who had gotten him said gift. Becky nervously chuckled and sipped her hot chocolate. Bob and TJ rolled their eyes, knowing damn well how boring Becky's gifts could be.

She was like the Twilight Sparkle of their group when it came to gift giving.

TJ was the first to notice that Tobey's Christmas tree wasn't decorated. Which no one else seemed to have really payed attention to.

"Hey Tobey how come your tree is bare?" He asked his future brother in law.

"Oh yeah...." Said Tobey losing his British accent for a bit before resuming. "I completely forgot and I didn't want my guests to be bored....

After getting out the decorations, everyone set to work.

It was all going fine until an argument broke out about when to put on the lights.

"Guys, the lights should go on before we put up the ornaments, that way they won't get tangled when we take them down." Said Violet.

"No, the ornaments should go on before the lights." Argued Rex.

"I really like this garland I found." Said TJ as he wrapped himself in it.

"TJ, those are really old. I've been meaning to throw them out. They're a real fire hazard and not exactly safe for the tree. Plus, they smell like an old lady." Said Tobey, reaching over to try and take it away from him.

"TJ, put those back." Said Becky sort of scolding him.

"No!" With that, he ran around the room waving the garland around like a flag. Becky could not keep up with him so she flew to him and picked him up by his wrists.

"Wheeeee!" Said TJ a his sister flew him around the room.

"I forgot you could fly." Said Tobey.. "But back to the matter at hand. It would be better if we did put the lights on before the ornaments it would keep them from getting tangled."

Violet stuck her tounge out at Rex who only rolled his eyes and picked up the first set of lights he found. Using his flight, he quickly wrapped it around the tree.

After ome pleading, Rex picked up Jackie and together they wrapped the other set of lights around the tree.

Then Becky did the same with TJ. After three sets of lights they decided that it was enough on the tree, not wanting it to be a fire hazard.

When they were done, they lit up the tree and were happy with their work.

They spent the rest of the afternoon chatting and stuff.

TO BE CONTINUED.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah..I feel like I have dragged on this party thing for too many chapter and I feel like I could have written that one about the parties and flashbacks all in one chapter....thank you so so much for even reading this. I really

appreciate it and I love you guys so much.
Sorry about jumping from holiday to holiday but I just can't come up with something else to happen to them in this fanfic because I just want this fanfic to end already so I can just begin on the sequel. Anyways, with that

being said the next chapter will be the last chapter so that I can just get a start on the sequel. I love you guys so much for even reading this fanfic and for all the love and support. Please be looking forward to the sequel to

this fanfic called Word Girl and the 7 Deadly Sins. We're going to meet the other sins. Yayy. Love you guys and we'll see you in the next chapter.